PDA

View Full Version : Future Saiga importation question?

cruddymutt
05-23-2011, 4:40 PM
I havent been keeping tabs on Saiga rifles in a while and a friend was telling me some odd info. He was saying that they are no longer being imported OR are in danger of no longer being imported. I have seen the recent imports (TGI KNOX) with the old importers info blocked out but rumor has it these are/could be the last few imported. Anyone have links to a definative answer, if there is one?
Also, if the AW ban is reinstated, are those of us with pistol grips, colapsable stocks, flash hiders, etc going to be forced to register our Saigas as RAW? If so, does that mean I could then remove my BB since it would be a RAW?

7.62 Charlie
05-23-2011, 4:42 PM
Its the saiga 12 thats not being imported.

daveinwoodland
05-23-2011, 4:43 PM
Its the saiga 12 thats not being imported.
Last I read the S-12 was listed finally as a sporting shotgun so no reason it can't be imported.

RealBarber
05-23-2011, 4:52 PM
they just switched importers, the Russians are importing themselves now through Legion

killshot44
05-23-2011, 4:54 PM
I havent been keeping tabs on Saiga rifles in a while and a friend was telling me some odd info. He was saying that they are no longer being imported OR are in danger of no longer being imported.

Saigas were imported by Russian American Armory. They stopped and Legion took aver importation.

Your friend is full of FUD about AWB. It happens.

cruddymutt
05-23-2011, 4:56 PM
So a guy should wait until all the TGI Saigas are gone if he wanted one without the big ugly carved square on the receiver then? I already have 2 Saigas from years ago but my friend has been dragging his feet and is now kinda panicing.

CSACANNONEER
05-23-2011, 5:03 PM
There has been no action to stop the importation of any Saiga.

If there is another Federal AW ban, who knows what it might do? Can you tell me about any law that hasn't even been written yet?

During the last Federal AW ban, no registration was required or even offered.

Just because you register something as an AW on a federal level (assuming that such registration might someday exist), it would probably have ZERO bearing on more restrictive state laws such as the current CA AW ban.

cruddymutt
05-23-2011, 5:34 PM
There has been no action to stop the importation of any Saiga.

If there is another Federal AW ban, who knows what it might do? Can you tell me about any law that hasn't even been written yet?

During the last Federal AW ban, no registration was required or even offered.

Just because you register something as an AW on a federal level (assuming that such registration might someday exist), it would probably have ZERO bearing on more restrictive state laws such as the current CA AW ban.
Ah ok I was confused on this whole AW stuff. I wasnt a gun owner for the last ban in 94. My focus is C&R milsurps but I do have a couple converted Saigas so was just wondering. Thanks.

7.62 Charlie
05-23-2011, 11:41 PM
Last I read the S-12 was listed finally as a sporting shotgun so no reason it can't be imported.

Thanks. Good to know.