PDA

View Full Version : suggestions on AR parts

M16 Matt
05-23-2011, 12:35 PM
building my AR but looking for some good parts new buffer, bolt carrier, upper pretty much build a whole new rifle so if u can help me i would appreciate it.

RiskyTrousers
05-23-2011, 1:04 PM
I just completed my first AR so take what I say with a grain of salt lol!

I highly recommend Bill Springfields LPK with his trigger job. I believe you can select either 4# or 3#. I chose the 3# and it is worlds better than my buddies Mil Spec trigger.

His WEBSITE (http://www.triggerwork.net/index.html).

M16 Matt
05-23-2011, 1:41 PM
for sure thanks man ya i have a m16 with a stripped stage lower and my rifle was complete as a eagle ea-15. So i changed the lower to a stage and just put the eagle parts in it ive been a fan of lmt, spikes, colt, and other law enforcement type rifles so

dieselpower
05-23-2011, 2:15 PM
for sure thanks man ya i have a m16 with a stripped stage lower and my rifle was complete as a eagle ea-15. So i changed the lower to a stage and just put the eagle parts in it ive been a fan of lmt, spikes, colt, and other law enforcement type rifles so

Ok, let me translate what you said, so everyone can understand...please work on your typing skills.

For sure thanks man. Yeah, I have a M16 with a stripped Stag lower. My rifle was an Eagle EA-15. So I changed the lower to a Stag and just put the Eagle parts in it. I have been a fan of LMT, Spikes, Colt and other Law Enforcement type rifles.

1) You do not have a M16, You didn't have an M16. If the Eagle EA-15 was a select fire AR15, and you placed those parts in a Stag, you have committed a felony. You are not allowed to possess the PARTS of a select fire machine gun, let alone actually install them in a firearm. It may not be 100% worded in the law, but people have seen many nights in jail for what you have admitting to doing.

2) The manufacture of a Firearm has nothing to do with a LEA (Law Enforcement Agency).

3) Any Rifle not designated by the US Military as a "M16", is just an AR15.

tomd1584
05-23-2011, 2:19 PM
Ok, let me translate what you said, so everyone can under stand...please work on your typing skills.

For sure thanks man. Yeah, I have a M16 with a stripped Stag lower. My rifle was an Eagle EA-15. So I changed the lower to a Stag and just put the Eagle parts in it. I have been a fan of LMT, Spikes, Colt and other Law Enforcement type rifles.

1) You do not have a M16, You didn't have an M16. If the Eagle EA-15 was a select fire AR15, and you placed those parts in a Stag, you have committed a felony. You are not allowed to possess the PARTS of a select fire machine gun, let alone actually install them in a firearm. It may not be 100% worded in the law, but people have seen many nights in jail for what you have admitting to doing.

2) The manufacture of a Firearm has nothing to do with a LEA (Law Enforcement Agency).

thanks for the break down Diesel.

as to the OP, i think you should check out Bravocompanyusa.com for parts.

CK_32
05-23-2011, 2:30 PM
thanks for the break down Diesel.

as to the OP, i think you should check out Bravocompanyusa.com for parts.

2nd everything he just said.

OP just go to bravo company order the parts you listed. They have everything. And sort of scratch the first to replies.. They didn't answer your question what so ever.

nrvnqsrxk
05-23-2011, 2:33 PM
+1 for BCM.

They have the best quality to parts ratio. But don't make me give you an actual number. That would involve me having to actually look for a sample of a population, something I don't have access to.

If you want someone local, check out Riflegear whenever you're in the area.

M16 Matt
05-23-2011, 2:58 PM
dieselpower bro i dont need u to tell me how to type i dont care if u have a problem with it because its not up to your spec's deal with it who cares. now my m16 is not full auto and yes i did use the parts from the rilfe so what, the only thing that made that rifle illegal was the lower if u didnt re register it back the 90' when they past that law ........

dieselpower
05-23-2011, 3:02 PM
dieselpower bro i dont need u to tell me how to type i dont care if u have a problem with it because its not up to your spec's deal with it who cares. now my m16 is not full auto and yes i did use the parts from the rilfe so what, the only thing that made that rifle illegal was the lower if u didnt re register it back the 90' when they past that law ........

LOL, OK...:rolleyes:

themailman
05-23-2011, 3:13 PM

I want to correct you SO badly, but I'll just say this, "Welcome to Calguns."

Anyways, uppers, barrels, stocks, rails, etc are all up to your opinion pretty much. Buy what you like and you've researched. When it comes to a BCG, try these out, and make sure you pay attention to the small stuff in the pics. Look for proof marks, black inserts, proper staking, etc:
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f198/glockfire/DSC01554.jpg
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f198/glockfire/DSC01552.jpg
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f198/glockfire/DSC01548.jpg

My personal choice with a BCG is BCM, but, there are many fine mfg's out there to go with.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f198/glockfire/DSC01555.jpg

The War Wagon
05-23-2011, 3:13 PM

Ok... who let the airsofter in? :rolleyes: