PDA

View Full Version : The Gary Fadden Incident

chiefcrash
12-07-2006, 3:10 PM
http://www.davehayes.org/2006/02/10/the-gary-fadden-incident/

Read it.

VeryCoolCat
12-07-2006, 3:22 PM
Yea... thats why the entire "pull into a crowded area" issue comes up before any altercations or even when police are going to ticket you at night.

blacklisted
12-07-2006, 3:25 PM
That's a great read, thanks. It just shows the possibility that the gun you use to save your life and that of your family may make a difference in the aftermath of a self defense shooting. Politically incorrect guns inflame the disgusting examples of human beings that are against self defense. They feel that the 'victim' has more rights that you do, without realizing that YOU were the real victim of the crime.

Prosecutor: "This here is not a DEFENSIVE firearm. It is an OFFENSIVE weapon, an assault weapon if you will. The military uses weapons like these to KILL their targets. They serve no other purpose. The defendant used this gun with an intent to MURDER his attacker, not simply to defend himself..."

Of course, in situations like this where everything happens so fast, you wont have time to think "maybe the prosecutor will make a big deal about me using the AR-15 instead of the 870".

I wonder why ammo is spelled twice as "amino"? Are these bullets the precursor to proteins? :p

Aluisious
12-07-2006, 3:59 PM
Good for him. Bad situation, he survived, and then he survived the asinine attempt of a lawyer with an axe to grind to destroy his life after the fact.

I hope that lawyer has since been disbarred and is now hopefully flipping burgers.

amzych
12-07-2006, 4:44 PM
That's a great read, thanks. It just shows the possibility that the gun you use to save your life and that of your family may make a difference in the aftermath of a self defense shooting. Politically incorrect guns inflame the disgusting examples of human beings that are against self defense. They feel that the 'victim' has more rights that you do, without realizing that YOU were the real victim of the crime.

Prosecutor: "This here is not a DEFENSIVE firearm. It is an OFFENSIVE weapon, an assault weapon if you will. The military uses weapons like these to KILL their targets. They serve no other purpose. The defendant used this gun with an intent to MURDER his attacker, not simply to defend himself..."

Of course, in situations like this where everything happens so fast, you wont have time to think "maybe the prosecutor will make a big deal about me using the AR-15 instead of the 870".

I wonder why ammo is spelled twice as "amino"? Are these bullets the precursor to proteins? :p
If a jury bought that argument, I'd lose all hope for America.

NeoWeird
12-07-2006, 5:14 PM
It also brings up the question of how stupid you have to be to attack someone who is authorized to enter into a secured facility owned by one of the largest firearm manufacturers in the world, and continue to persue after they have demonstrated they have a loaded automatic rifle that is pointing at you. Perhaps Darwin's theories hold more water than most people will give credit for.

Aluisious
12-07-2006, 5:22 PM
Shotguns, handguns, and other defensive weapons don't KILL their targets after all. They merely interject love and compassion for fellow man into an attacker's heart.

...?!

Well at least they interject something into an attacker's heart...:D

Aluisious
12-07-2006, 5:23 PM
It also brings up the question of how stupid you have to be to attack someone who is authorized to enter into a secured facility owned by one of the largest firearm manufacturers in the world, and continue to persue after they have demonstrated they have a loaded automatic rifle that is pointing at you. Perhaps Darwin's theories hold more water than most people will give credit for.
Stupid enough to join a biker gang and ride around in 30 degree weather?

You ever see that video of the SWAT team that is lined up on the side of some Bubba's house, as he is outside around the corner with a double barrel shotgun?

He goes around the corner, sees half a dozen guys with MP5s pointed at him, thinks about it a bit, and with his one arm starts swinging up the double barrel shotgun.

It's a low rez video but you can see his entire torso turn a funny red bruised color on his back (he's facing away from the camera) before he falls down.

blacklisted
12-07-2006, 5:29 PM

So would I.

50ae
12-07-2006, 5:33 PM
Wow, great article. Lucky he was in WV, it would have turned out much worse out in the PRK.

Hopi
12-07-2006, 7:10 PM

That is funny, did they ever find Ron's and Nicole's killer?

blacklisted
12-07-2006, 7:19 PM
That is funny, did they ever find Ron's and Nicole's killer?

I didn't do it, but if I did, this is how I would have done so...

Aluisious
12-07-2006, 9:49 PM
Yeah, that's the one!

Charliegone
12-07-2006, 10:59 PM
Shotguns, handguns, and other defensive weapons don't KILL their targets after all. They merely interject love and compassion for fellow man into an attacker's heart.

...?!

Well at least they interject something into an attacker's heart...:D

Yeah, they throw flowers and sunshine whenever they shoot.:rolleyes: :D

DedEye
12-07-2006, 11:04 PM
This one? http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7470572035952028921

Looks like the first couple hits were a little low :D.

Great article by the way. Makes a good point, and reaffirms my belief that my first choice for hoem defense will be my Mossberg 590, and not the AR.

ldivinag
12-08-2006, 3:09 PM

the article said he was way above the legal limit of alcohol...

Aluisious
12-08-2006, 3:13 PM
Looks like the first couple hits were a little low :D.

Great article by the way. Makes a good point, and reaffirms my belief that my first choice for hoem defense will be my Mossberg 590, and not the AR.
If I had my druthers I'd have a 16 inch AR carbine with a light and a 30 round mag.

Till then it's 870.

bwiese
12-08-2006, 3:15 PM
It's a low rez video but you can see his entire torso turn a funny red bruised color on his back (he's facing away from the camera) before he falls down.

I don't know if that's a biological reaction, or just the camera's AWB (auto white balance) algorithm not getting some coloration right.

Cameras have a hard time adjusting to flesh tones in a variety of lighting situations, esp when they're rapidly changing.

I, for example, often look pinkish red on cheaper digicams.

On our cameras, we continually strive to improve our tuning of autoexposure and auto whitebalance algorithms. It's a mix of art & science and takes a lot of data in a variety of environments to get it right.