PDA

View Full Version : Plumcrazy lower and Chiappa .22lr upper not firing HELP!!!

Warguy
05-22-2011, 5:41 PM
Hey guys well i just got my lower out of jail today and i put everything together and took it out and it wont fire a single shot!! Any advice on where to begin looking would be great, i dont know if its the upper or lower. I have the Plumcrazy lower and Chiappa m4-22 upper. Please help, my trigger finger is burning with desire!!!!!

Warguy
05-22-2011, 6:54 PM
well i figured out the prob. The hammer is not contacting the firing pin. The hammer wont fit into the slotted area where the firing pin is, i dont know if the hammer is to fat or the bolt carrier is too narrow, is there any way to tell which piece is the one that wrong? Thanks

uxo2
05-22-2011, 7:32 PM
You need a blow back hammer that Plum Crazy sells for .22lr uppers...about 10 bucks.

The hammer is narrower.

Merc1138
05-22-2011, 7:33 PM
Get an actual AR hammer and compare it to the width of the plumcrazy plastic hammer.

(It's probably the cheap plastic components that are out of spec. Not a guarantee, but that's the first thing I'd swap out)

bjl333
05-22-2011, 7:40 PM
Get an actual AR hammer and compare it to the width of the plumcrazy plastic hammer.

(It's probably the cheap plastic components that are out of spec. Not a guarantee, but that's the first thing I'd swap out)

The hammer isn't out of spec.

You'll need a 22 hammer from PC.

uxo2
05-22-2011, 7:42 PM
BTW...
I have the same set up......
Runs great after I installed a Yellow spring on the hammer....

If you cant wait....you can file down the side of the hammer.

Or drop in a replacement trigger pack.

I waited and just bought a Blowback hammer from PCF

Merc1138
05-22-2011, 7:47 PM
The hammer isn't out of spec.

You'll need a 22 hammer from PC.

Yet I've seen plenty of reports of people using the Chiappa upper on a normal lower with a standard parts kit. Sounds like the PCF hammer is out of spec to me.

bjl333
05-22-2011, 7:48 PM
The PC hammers are designed wider. That is why they sell a 22lr hammer that is narrower!

Merc1138
05-22-2011, 7:51 PM
The PC hammers are designed wider. That is why they sell a 22lr hammer that is narrower!

So then it IS out of spec, or at least not matching the same standard as most other companies.

Warguy
05-22-2011, 9:40 PM
well after a little research i did find that to be true that the hammer is way to wide, i did not know however that they sell a specific .22lr hammer for it but i just took the sides of the hammer to the grinding wheel. I was able to take it to the back woods and test fire it and it worked perfect. So do you guys think that since i filed it down, if i swap out the upper to a .223 will it still be ok or do you think ill need another hammer?

stitchnicklas
05-22-2011, 10:28 PM
should be fine,if it breaks just change the hammer for a standard dpms one.

i have a chiappa upper on a delton lower,800 rds...zero issues

bjl333
05-22-2011, 10:40 PM
So then it IS out of spec, or at least not matching the same standard as most other companies.

I see what you're saying. Yes its not milspec.

JMacRevo
05-23-2011, 1:46 AM
I was able to take it to the back woods and test fire it and it worked perfect.

I hope these were not "back woods" anywhere in the Moreno Valley area :eek:

Warguy
05-23-2011, 2:31 AM

not really, like on the edge towards san bernardino...

Warguy
05-23-2011, 3:20 AM

by the way long time no talk, hope everything is going good for ya. Didnt even know u were on these forums.

JMacRevo
05-23-2011, 3:11 PM
I don't post much, but have been on here reading posts just about every day for years.

Packy14
05-23-2011, 3:29 PM
I would say "why did you buy a plastic lower, and what do you expect"... but that would question the judgment of the OP in his purchases, and I'd never do that. ;)

Warguy
05-23-2011, 4:40 PM
I don't post much, but have been on here reading posts just about every day for years.

heh, i didn't know it was you for sure at first but i was like Jmacrevo, that cant be a coincidence, then i looked at some of you other posts and saw the bikes and was like oh ya lol thats justin alright. Then i saw that eddie was on here to lol, didnt know he got an AR also. Did you ever get one?