PDA

View Full Version : Where to purchase a fiberglass stock

snaggletooth
12-07-2006, 12:59 AM
I'm in the process of building a m14, however I was wondering if anyone knows where to go to purchase a fiberglass stock similar to SA's. Nothing fancy, its just going to be a beater rifle, I just want it light weight and able to accept a rear lugged reciever, thats all, any info would be great. Thanks.

xenophobe
12-07-2006, 1:38 AM
There's a camo one on ebay for $99 now. If you can wait, you can probably get a used black one for about that price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Professionally-Camouflaged-M14-M1A-Stock-Handguard_W0QQitemZ130056544889QQihZ003QQcategoryZ 73951QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Sheldon
12-07-2006, 7:10 AM
http://www.fredsm14stocks.com/ They sell the USGI stock which won't take the rear lugged receiver without modification.

adamsreeftank
12-07-2006, 2:14 PM
The only light weight fiberglass M14 stocks are USGI ones. Freds is the best source. Even the Springfield black stocks are just painted USGI stocks.

In order to use them with a rear-lugged reciever, you will need to drill/dremel out some material from the back. If you have access to a mill, that will make it easier.

The high-end fiberlass stocks are made by McMillan. You could get one inletted for the rear-lugged receiver, but they are heavy and need to be glass bedded.

If your rifle has the rear-lug, it probably also has a heavy barrel. If you aren't happy with the weight, I recommned kepping it in the bedded stock it probably came in and selling it. Then buy one with a standard contour barrel.

mltrading
12-07-2006, 2:37 PM
The only light weight fiberglass M14 stocks are USGI ones. Freds is the best source. Even the Springfield black stocks are just painted USGI stocks.

In order to use them with a rear-lugged reciever, you will need to drill/dremel out some material from the back. If you have access to a mill, that will make it easier.

The high-end fiberlass stocks are made by McMillan. You could get one inletted for the rear-lugged receiver, but they are heavy and need to be glass bedded.

If your rifle has the rear-lug, it probably also has a heavy barrel. If you aren't happy with the weight, I recommned kepping it in the bedded stock it probably came in and selling it. Then buy one with a standard contour barrel.

+1 what he said.