PDA

View Full Version : Stupid question number one

Jrdc
05-21-2011, 7:42 PM
I currently have a complete stag model 8, I want to build a new upper for it here is the question with the stag 8 being piston system, could i build a 20" or 18 bull barrel upper that is DI. I have heard that DI is more accurate. i am thinking that the only part of the rifle that is piston is the upper so i am thinking that i will not have a problem I don't completely understand everything but I'm willing to listen if i'm wrong.

and with that being said let the "just search for it" flame war being :)

tgriffin
05-21-2011, 7:45 PM
Build away, only thing piston is the upper, lower (as long as it has a functional buffer assembly) is gtg.

DudeDoug2000
05-21-2011, 7:47 PM
Yeah just build a DI upper and swap out, then go back and forth as desired. Your piston Is In the upper only throw whatever you want on that lower

DudeDoug2000
05-21-2011, 7:50 PM
By the way no question Is stupid, It's only stupid to people who spend too much time on forums and feel the need to answer every single post then complain "that question has been answered already a million times".

:stupid:

Jrdc
05-21-2011, 7:51 PM
Build away, only thing piston is the upper, lower (as long as it has a functional buffer assembly) is gtg.

buffer assembly? that's in the lower right

Yeah just build a DI upper and swap out, then go back and forth as desired. Your piston Is In the upper only throw whatever you want on that lower

thanks both of you, I want to build from scratch or do as much as I can i need a project an since I'm still in love with my AR and I like the idea of having to different upper barrel lengths

Jrdc
05-21-2011, 7:55 PM
By the way no question Is stupid, It's only stupid to people who spend too much time on forums and feel the need to answer every single post then complain "that question has been answered already a million times".

:stupid:

thanks

tgriffin
05-21-2011, 7:59 PM
Buffer tube is what the buttstock attaches to on the lower. Inside is the buffer spring and the buffer itself.

Jrdc
05-21-2011, 8:02 PM
that's what i thought I have a magpul prs stock, I hated the one it came with

Jrdc
05-21-2011, 8:45 PM
thanks, could you help pointed me in the right direction and where to start here is what I've been thinking. an 18 or 20" bull barrel DI upper 1:7 or 1:9 twist just for targets

evidens83
05-21-2011, 8:48 PM
Sooner or later you're gonna get tired of swapping uppers so might as well pick up a stripped lower while you're at it ;)

Jrdc
05-21-2011, 8:50 PM
Sooner or later you're gonna get tired of swapping uppers so might as well pick up a stripped lower while you're at it ;)

your probably right, but i want the upper first, then maybe the lower