PDA

View Full Version : GSG 1911

Pages : [1] 2

PandaLuv
05-21-2011, 6:01 PM
After some thought and time, I decided that my glock 17 purchase is going have to wait, and I wanna be better at shooting and become somewhat of a marksman. I realized that 22lr is essential for every serious shooter.

I shot Ruger MKII, not a big fan. Don't get me wrong, the gun is great, and it's probably one of the best for target practice. But I just didn't like it. I came across this
http://www.gsg-waffen.de/site/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=61&Itemid=99&lang=en
http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab41/CROSSFIRE_2006/tgo/GSG1911001.jpg
GSG 1911-22lr
To me, it looks pretty legit. I watched reviews on youtube, and made some other research. I saw one on gunbroker.com for $315.
So any input feedback? Advice before I buy it?

Quiet
05-21-2011, 6:59 PM
So any input feedback? Advice before I buy it?

The CA approved version (German Sport Gun GSG-1911CA) has not been released yet.
ATI is estimating a Q3 2011 release time frame.

The GSG-1911 that is currently available is not legal in CA due to it having a threaded barrel, which makes it an assault weapon under CA laws.

I believe Turner's was taking pre-orders for the GSG-1911CA for around $350.

PandaLuv
05-21-2011, 7:21 PM
:eek:
damn.
thanks !

mikey357
05-21-2011, 7:29 PM
:eek:
damn.
thanks !

---------
Its already on the DOJ safe handgun roster so expect to see it soon.

PandaLuv
05-21-2011, 7:38 PM
---------
Its already on the DOJ safe handgun roster so expect to see it soon.

lol sorry I still can't believe they call it "safe"

So is that the regular version or the version the poster above has mentioned?

Droppin Deuces
05-21-2011, 8:07 PM
You just came across it? Hasn't everyone been drooling over this for some time now?:p

There's a Sig version coming out too! Click pic for article.
http://cdn5.thefirearmsblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/226323_10150236752702603_57629597602_8588082_27405 29_n-tm-tfb.jpg (http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2011/05/17/sig-sauer-1911-tacpac-new-sig-1922-22/)

biloutkast
05-21-2011, 8:22 PM
Great looking pistol OP. Do you mind telling us how much it was prior to tax/dros?

PandaLuv
05-21-2011, 8:48 PM
You just came across it? Hasn't everyone been drooling over this for some time now?:p

http://cdn5.thefirearmsblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/226323_10150236752702603_57629597602_8588082_27405 29_n-tm-tfb.jpg (http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2011/05/17/sig-sauer-1911-tacpac-new-sig-1922-22/)

Lol well that's how I found out about the GSG. I saw a post by sig Sauer on facebokb saying 1911-22 sig just came out, but it's not on the ca roster. Someone told me that I should just get the gsg since it's on the roster and they're pretty similar.

PandaLuv
05-21-2011, 8:51 PM
Great looking pistol OP. Do you mind telling us how much it was prior to tax/dros?

Sorry for confusion, the gun in the picture isn't mine.
But the price for the gun is around 300

MaHoTex
05-21-2011, 8:55 PM
lol sorry I still can't believe they call it "safe"

So is that the regular version or the version the poster above has mentioned?

Hmmm If they have "safe" handguns on the roster, why all of the gun control laws in this state. :rolleyes:

That Sig 1911-22 is sweet looking!

Droppin Deuces
05-21-2011, 9:08 PM

Yeah, someone stated in the comments of that article that it's the same gun as the GSG. So if you want one that says SIG, there you go!

There was an article about the GSG in Guns Magazine, and the writer pretty much raved about it.

biloutkast
05-21-2011, 9:35 PM

Gotcha.

DaveFJ80
05-21-2011, 10:07 PM
Get it. $300 is a good price, from what I've seen.

I got my GSG 1911 .22LR back in March and I've been loving it ever since. Ammo for it is dirt cheap, but the mags are expensive ($28 each). On every range outing, I always shoot mine because it's just fun to shoot, and dirt cheap to shoot.

My tactical model

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e51/mugenef8/FIREARMS/GSG_1911/First/3350.jpg

PandaLuv
05-22-2011, 12:26 AM
^^^^ that is sexy.
How did u get yours?

biloutkast
05-22-2011, 1:10 AM
Probably single shot conversion?

How does she shoot with bulk ammo? I'm thinking about getting one as well.

Nate87
05-22-2011, 2:02 AM
Nice pistol

MrPlink
05-22-2011, 2:19 AM
Panda, contact Valkyrie Arms in Milpitas, they can get you one and make it CA legal and what not.

PandaLuv
05-22-2011, 9:23 AM
This is a great pistol! I've put a few thousand rounds through mine already and it works well. I did manage to break it though. The firing pin broke on mine. Probably from dry firing it too much. I have now learned my lesson and will get snap caps when the new firing pin comes in. I was firing it one day, then the next day I went to fire and it just went "CLICK". Tap, rack, CLICK. Tap, rack, CLICK. After 3 failure to fires I inspected the ammo and not even a light primer mark on them. Figured it was the firing pin, took it apart and YUP. It somehow broke. Called ATI and they were more than willing to help. They said that if anything breaks(within reason) on the pistol within the 2 year warranty time period that they would replace it. So now I'm waiting for that part to come in.

Also, I dont like the thumb safety. If you look at the left side safety lever and how it comes to a point at the back, you can imagine how that would dig into the webbing of your hand. Rather than spend money and buy a differnt one, I just used a Dremal/hand file to round it off and make it more comfortable. Other than that, I LOVE the pistol. It's really fun to shoot.

The pistol functions with bulk pack stuff as well. I have tried a few different brands and it shoots them all, even subsonic rounds.

It is rimfire after all :D Thanks for the input

Panda, contact Valkyrie Arms in Milpitas, they can get you one and make it CA legal and what not.

How much is it over there?

PandaLuv
05-22-2011, 10:33 AM
I called Valkyrie Arms. They said that they can't get me one since it has a threaded barrel.

biloutkast
05-22-2011, 10:57 AM
This is a great pistol! I've put a few thousand rounds through mine already and it works well. I did manage to break it though. The firing pin broke on mine. Probably from dry firing it too much. I have now learned my lesson and will get snap caps when the new firing pin comes in. I was firing it one day, then the next day I went to fire and it just went "CLICK". Tap, rack, CLICK. Tap, rack, CLICK. After 3 failure to fires I inspected the ammo and not even a light primer mark on them. Figured it was the firing pin, took it apart and YUP. It somehow broke. Called ATI and they were more than willing to help. They said that if anything breaks(within reason) on the pistol within the 2 year warranty time period that they would replace it. So now I'm waiting for that part to come in.

Also, I dont like the thumb safety. If you look at the left side safety lever and how it comes to a point at the back, you can imagine how that would dig into the webbing of your hand. Rather than spend money and buy a differnt one, I just used a Dremal/hand file to round it off and make it more comfortable. Other than that, I LOVE the pistol. It's really fun to shoot.

The pistol functions with bulk pack stuff as well. I have tried a few different brands and it shoots them all, even subsonic rounds.

Thanks for the info.

DaveFJ80
05-22-2011, 11:22 AM
Probably single shot conversion?

How does she shoot with bulk ammo? I'm thinking about getting one as well.

My GSG shoots CCI Blazer and Mini Mags flawless, but I have issues with the Federal value packs (blue boxes). I haven't tried the Walmart red boxes yet, but I'll give those a try probably next weekend.

Yes, I got mine through a single-shot conversion.

PandaLuv
05-22-2011, 1:27 PM
So does anyone know how I an get one?

Quiet
05-22-2011, 2:30 PM
So does anyone know how I an get one?

Two ways...

1. Wait until ATI releases the one on the approved list (GSG-1911CA) and buy it at your local gun store.

2. Pay an 07-FFL to make the currently available one (GSG-1911) into a CA legal single-shot pistol and have it shipped to your local gun store.

There are two things different between the GSG-1911CA and the GSG-1911.
The GSG-1911CA does not have a threaded barrel and is marked GSG-1911CA on the slide.

biloutkast
05-22-2011, 5:36 PM
My GSG shoots CCI Blazer and Mini Mags flawless, but I have issues with the Federal value packs (blue boxes). I haven't tried the Walmart red boxes yet, but I'll give those a try probably next weekend.

Yes, I got mine through a single-shot conversion.

Thanks for the input. Lately, I've been getting bunch of FTF's with Federal value packs you mentioned.

BroncoBob
05-23-2011, 5:36 AM
I must put this on my list of firearms to purchase this next coming year. Good to know information on the Federal blue value packs.

BRANCHER
05-23-2011, 7:18 PM
I have a CA model and finally shot it after it sat in my safe for 2 weeks... Love it... shot everything well only had 3 out of about 150 jam - golden bullets and those are the worst... Loved the cheap federal and the auto match... CCI minmag seemed to be the best (as what I have sen for all my 22 semiautos). Even functioned perfectly with the Cheap Lead Eley. Ate everything... Shot about 500-600 rounds first day out... and with one mag... it is 10 round and none in the chamber.... or 9 + 1... then shot my other 1911 and it felt very similar (well except recoil of course)... It will be in may range bag probably ever trip....

PandaLuv
05-23-2011, 7:34 PM
How did you get yours and where?
I live in East Bay as well and I can't figure out where to get one.

I will buy it as long its not over 400, well maybe if it's 500. Kind of an impulse buy, but I dont care :D

biloutkast
05-23-2011, 8:07 PM
I hear Canyon Sports in Martinez has them but I don't go there anymore.

philc
05-24-2011, 9:43 PM
Canyon has 1 left, black with black rubber grips. I bought the other one that they had when I picked up my ISSC M22.

PandaLuv
05-24-2011, 9:47 PM
Wait how , is it used or new, is it the same as standard but without the thread?

Massappeal
05-24-2011, 11:37 PM
Wait how , is it used or new, is it the same as standard but without the thread?
Turners has pre orders on them. I put my deposit down a couple weeks ago. They are supposed to be arriving end of May/early June.

Markus
05-25-2011, 1:55 AM
whats the pricing like on these bad boys?

biloutkast
05-25-2011, 7:25 AM
Canyon has 1 left, black with black rubber grips. I bought the other one that they had when I picked up my ISSC M22.

You mind sharing the price?? If it's average then I'll probably give them another shot.

DaveFJ80
05-25-2011, 8:38 AM
Turners was taking pre-orders for a MSRP price of $350... at least that's what I last saw a couple of weeks ago.

I bought mine my tactical model for $349 (before transfer fees & single-shot conversion work).

PandaLuv
05-25-2011, 9:28 AM
on the way to Canyon Sports :D

PandaLuv
05-25-2011, 11:22 AM
Dave, you can have the gun. It's 399, they wouldn't budge. Price is good, I just didn't buy for other reason

I went there and I was told that my car registrations and mortgage agreement isn't good enough. I bought my first gun with the mortgage agreement! Wtf?! They said I need utility bills or lease agreement. I have no utilities under my name, and the house is under my name is well. Wtf?!
The manager was a genuine dude, but there is other hill billy biker looking guy who's a complete d@ck. City Arms and Diablo Gun Valley works staff is way cooler and more professional.
I just don't like when I get treated like an a&&hole when I am buying a gun.
I will wait for my favorite shop to get gsg 1911 and I'd rather support them.

biloutkast
05-25-2011, 11:25 AM
I pretty much had the same experience there. $399 is little above average.

Droppin Deuces
05-25-2011, 11:49 AM
Dave, you can have the gun. It's 399, they wouldn't budge. Price is good, I just didn't buy for other reason

I went there and I was told that my car registrations and mortgage agreement isn't good enough. I bought my first gun with the mortgage agreement! Wtf?! They said I need utility bills or lease agreement. I have no utilities under my name, and the house is under my name is well. Wtf?!
The manager was a genuine dude, but there is other hill billy biker looking guy who's a complete d@ck. City Arms and Diablo Gun Valley works staff is way cooler and more professional.
I just don't like when I get treated like an a&&hole when I am buying a gun.
I will wait for my favorite shop to get gsg 1911 and I'd rather support them.

What in the world..? What the hell do they need that info for?

PandaLuv
05-25-2011, 1:22 PM
What in the world..? What the hell do they need that info for?

I have no idea man. Eff that shop.
They told me that the State wants to know where I live, but mortgage doesn't mean that I live there since it could be my vacation house.

Wtf?! I only have one place to live, and that's where my sig, my car, my bank, my cell bull is registered at too.
If they don't want my money, if they want to act like that and if they don't wanna work with, I will wait.

biloutkast
05-25-2011, 2:24 PM
Last time I was there, I was set to purchase a pistol they had in stock but it took them 10-15 minutes to acknowledge my presence while they yapped about who created the toilet. Five workers, no other customers but myself. Never been back since. I see they haven't changed with your story.

pennys dad
05-25-2011, 7:05 PM
Going to head over to Alamo Pawn to see if I can get one there, if not I will go to Turners and put a deposit down. I am hoping for 2 of them

DaveFJ80
05-27-2011, 5:27 PM
UPDATE on ammo for my GSG....

I tried out the Federal value packs (red box from Walmart) and they worked great. Only got 1 stovepipe out of 250 rounds, so I can't say if it was the ammo or somethng else since 249 out of 250 were perfect. Glad to see these work, even if the other Federal value packs (blue boxes) didn't.

Still, Federal value packs (blue box from Turner's) gives me FTF's for FTE's like every 1 out of 3 shots. I tried 50 rounds again today before I gave up again.

And still, CCI Blazer and Mini Mags shoot 100% through my gun. Since I picked up some Blazer value packs from Turner's today, I put 200 rounds of that through the GSG today and they went 100%.

Total rounds shot today, another 500 rounds. This is a fun gun to shoot :)

PandaLuv
05-27-2011, 5:56 PM
Grrrr :mad:

I want one. I talked to my shop, they will get me mine once it comes to Ca, which is in 2 months.

Smitherines
05-27-2011, 6:32 PM
Grrrr :mad:

I want one. I talked to my shop, they will get me mine once it comes to Ca, which is in 2 months.

I was at Turner's today to pick up some CCI Blazer. The guy there said they're expecting the GSG's some time in August....I guess it's wait and see.

BRANCHER
05-27-2011, 11:07 PM
Sorry been offline most of this week... work, wife and kids... yes it was Canyon... wouldn't haggle on it but did on the others I bought that same day (which more than made up for the cost difference)... now in jail into July... next paperwork in about 10-more days... I hate this one handgun a month (at least used doesn't count)... no wonder I have more rifles... I have bought quite a bit at Canyon... They know I'll buy if when the deal is right... And Canyon does have a great selection all the time too...

bartt
05-28-2011, 3:44 PM
what about this:
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=232527851

Nate87
05-28-2011, 4:56 PM
Just recoated my GSG with Brownells Gun-kote in FDE. It looks better now :cool:

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w94/NateDogg8732/1911gsg2.jpg

PandaLuv
05-28-2011, 5:00 PM
Just gotta rub it in my face, Nate?

lol again though, I'd rather wait than go to that hill billy gun shop in Martinez

Nate87
05-28-2011, 5:06 PM
Just a little ;)

But if it makes you feel better, I'm still waiting on my firing pin that I broke to come in so I cant use it right now anyways. That's why I painted it in the meantime because I was bored just looking at it.

PandaLuv
05-28-2011, 5:29 PM
Go shoot something else. It's more expensive but still something to do.

I went shooting 2 days ago with a buddy, and I was out of ammo. Had to buy from the range, $44 dollars 2 boxes of .40 :(

But my aim is getting better so :43:

It will get even better with GSG.

biloutkast
05-28-2011, 10:13 PM

Beautiful

philc
05-29-2011, 2:42 AM
I have no idea man. Eff that shop.
They told me that the State wants to know where I live, but mortgage doesn't mean that I live there since it could be my vacation house.

Doesn't matter where u go. BFSC, CA ID, and secondary proof (any bill that matches the addy on your id)
of address is required in ca. If your shop isn't asking for secondary, i think they would breaking the law.

sava
06-15-2011, 7:16 PM
Panda,

Sorry to crap into your thread, but I found a shop that has the GSG 1911 with 2 mags for less than $350 shipped, but they do not want to sell to CA.

Is the CA Roster GSG 1911 any different than the standard GSG 1911?

If we can get a group buy going, maybe we can convince this anti-CA dealer to sell to us. Or, maybe this company doesn't realize that the GSG1911 is now approved in our state.

RollingCode3
06-15-2011, 7:18 PM
Panda,

Sorry to crap into your thread, but I found a shop that has the GSG 1911 with 2 mags for less than $350 shipped, but they do not want to sell to CA.

If we can get a group buy going, maybe we can convince this anti-CA dealer to sell to us. Or, maybe this company doesn't realize that the GSG1911 is now approved in our state.

You need to find the CA version without the threaded barrel.

sava
06-15-2011, 7:23 PM
You need to find the CA version without the threaded barrel.

Damn.

I knew deep inside that it couldn't be that easy.

PandaLuv
06-16-2011, 8:55 PM
Panda,

CA version is coming next month I heard, but more and more shops starting to have them with swapped barrels.

PandaLuv
06-25-2011, 10:23 PM
Any update? the wait is killing me.

I called Nicks Gunworks in Lodi and I was told that gsg 1911 is available for special order only. The guy said it's CA version. I called my local gun shop and they don't know anything about it.

sava
06-25-2011, 11:13 PM

I called Nicks Gunworks in Lodi and I was told that gsg 1911 is available for special order only. The guy said it's CA version. I called my local gun shop and they don't know anything about it.

I have a GSG 1911 on hold with Nicks. I will be starting DROS and paying in full on Tuesday!!!

:D

PandaLuv
06-25-2011, 11:26 PM
I have a GSG 1911 on hold with Nicks. I will be starting DROS and paying in full on Tuesday!!!

Oh you bastard Sava !!!
Lol please do me a favor and take a picture of it and PM it to me please. I'm probably gonna end up driving out there to gotdang Lodi.

sava
06-25-2011, 11:41 PM
Oh you bastard Sava !!!
Lol please do me a favor and take a picture of it and PM it to me please. I'm probably gonna end up driving out there to gotdang Lodi.

Roger that! They actually have one in stock, and are kindly holding it for me. So far, they seem like awesome people!

PandaLuv
06-25-2011, 11:45 PM
Roger that! They actually have one in stock, and are kindly holding it for me. So far, they seem like awesome people!

No way, I called them last Saturday and they said only Special Order. Could you also ask them if they're gonna have more in stock?

Also, did it say CA on the slide or it just had a swapped out barrel?

4runnerpat
06-28-2011, 9:36 AM
No way, I called them last Saturday and they said only Special Order. Could you also ask them if they're gonna have more in stock?

Also, did it say CA on the slide or it just had a swapped out barrel?

if you haven't found one yet, PM me and i will let you know where to get one here in the Sacramento Area... i just pick one up last Saturday. i am just waiting for my 10-day :)

Markus
06-28-2011, 12:09 PM
any of these for sale in OC?

PandaLuv
06-28-2011, 2:15 PM
if you haven't found one yet, PM me and i will let you know where to get one here in the Sacramento Area... i just pick one up last Saturday. i am just waiting for my 10-day :)

thanks for looking out but I couldnt wait so I bought the 22lr kit fpr p226

paintballdad
07-10-2011, 9:35 PM
Any word on these pistols? Are they finally shipping the CA friendly versions?
Looking to pick one up in the SoCal area. LMK if you know a LGS that has one in stock.

Thanks.

rubber duckie
07-18-2011, 10:56 AM
still waiting for turners to get these in...

pisarski
07-18-2011, 3:42 PM
me too i called and was told maybe by the end of the month or next month so who knows

rubber duckie
07-18-2011, 10:20 PM
thats pretty much the same thing they keep telling me.

mif_slim
07-19-2011, 12:56 PM
Im waiting for a few myself.

skyblue
07-19-2011, 1:56 PM

Try Allan Tong at Antioch Armory. He's always treated me right from special orders to gun show transfers.

762.DEFENSE
07-19-2011, 2:06 PM

Oh man that's beautiful!

762.DEFENSE
07-19-2011, 2:07 PM

That came out impressively well!

DaveFJ80
07-19-2011, 2:45 PM
Fun pic :)

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e51/mugenef8/FIREARMS/GSG_1911/Comp_BasePad/34.jpg

pennys dad
07-19-2011, 5:44 PM
Turners WC. I just put a down on a GSG 1911

jrara
07-19-2011, 6:42 PM
Dam you all!!! I just came from City Arms in Pacifica and saw one.

I just DROS'd it today.

Comes home on the 29th.

I played with it before I did the Dros and I don't like the Mag Disconnect besides that the gun is pretty hefty for a .22lr.

SuMoSam
07-19-2011, 8:28 PM
The folks at City Arms said it just came in today and now they are all gone. I called them around 3 just to see if i can put a deposit down on their future shipment. i was pretty shocked when they said they had a few in the shop. thankfully they allowed me to make the payment over the phone since by he time i got there after work there were no more.

Now i have to get ahold of someone from target master west to cancel my deposit.

jrara
07-19-2011, 9:18 PM
The folks at City Arms said it just came in today and now they are all gone. I called them around 3 just to see if i can put a deposit down on their future shipment. i was pretty shocked when they said they had a few in the shop. thankfully they allowed me to make the payment over the phone since by he time i got there after work there were no more.

Now i have to get ahold of someone from target master west to cancel my deposit.

Sumo,

I was surprised they didn't sell you the one on display?

I got there at 4pm and it was there. Fondled it and decided to pull the trigger on it.

ElvenSoul
07-19-2011, 9:22 PM
So umm how do the CA unthreaded barrels shoot?

SuMoSam
07-19-2011, 9:24 PM
I left work as soon as i could and got there around 6:15. They actually saved one for me in the back, since i paid for it over the phone. I believe i was the first person to handle my gun outside of the factory.

DaveFJ80
07-19-2011, 9:29 PM
Turners WC. I just put a down on a GSG 1911

Did they say when they'll be in? I was just there the other night doing a PPT and asked the 3 guys behind the counter, and none of them had an actual ETA. They just said that they could receive them in a week, or in a month.

I'd like to pick up another one since they're fun to play with.... and so my wife will stop using mine :p

I played with it before I did the Dros and I don't like the Mag Disconnect besides that the gun is pretty hefty for a .22lr.

The mag disconnect was the first thing I removed. Just pop out the MSH pin, and watch the disconnect spring & bar fall right out. Put the MSH back on and pop the pin back in. Done in 20 seconds.

DaveFJ80
07-19-2011, 9:32 PM
Fondled it and decided to pull the trigger on it.

When you had the CA version in your hands, did the barrel look like the below pic (with a cap on the end)? Or was the barrel all 1-piece with no cap?

I'm curious to know if ATI completely made new non-threaded barrels, or if they just pinned or permanently affixed the cap to the barrel to make it CA legal.

http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/pics/gsg1911/4.jpg

jrara
07-19-2011, 9:39 PM
I left work as soon as i could and got there around 6:15. They actually saved one for me in the back, since i paid for it over the phone. I believe i was the first person to handle my gun outside of the factory.
Cool,

I just missed you by 15 minutes. I got done with my paper work at 6pm.

They were really busy.

So I imagine that the GSG 1911 on display was just put there today in the display case.

I was debating whether to get it or not but I just went for it.

I asked the clerk (Nick?) when they would get some more he said they were selling them pretty fast and not sure when the next shipment would be.

jrara
07-19-2011, 9:42 PM
When you had the CA version in your hands, did the barrel look like the below pic (with a cap on the end)? Or was the barrel all 1-piece with no cap?

I'm curious to know if ATI completely made new non-threaded barrels, or if they just pinned or permanently affixed the cap to the barrel to make it CA legal.

http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/pics/gsg1911/4.jpg

From what I recall it was a one piece but I was too excited to even notice. DOH!!!!!

If I noticed it was the capped off version, I would of passed on it.

I am not one for weird stuff on my guns.

We will see in 10 days.

SuMoSam
07-19-2011, 10:05 PM
City arms actually placed an order of 10 pistol, but only received 3. So they have no idea when they will get another shipment.

I inspected the barrel and noticed it was a solid piece.

jrara
07-19-2011, 10:46 PM
City arms actually placed an order of 10 pistol, but only received 3. So they have no idea when they will get another shipment.

I inspected the barrel and noticed it was a solid piece.

Sam, thanks for confirming that.

Going to ask if they carry extra mags for it.

Now I am deciding whether to sell my CZ P01 or not.

gorenut
07-20-2011, 2:00 PM
any of these for sale in OC?

Something I would like to know as well.

Sam, thanks for confirming that.

Going to ask if they carry extra mags for it.

Now I am deciding whether to sell my CZ P01 or not.

Funny enough.. I was debating whether to get a CZ or a GSG 1911. Decided to go with the GSG after seeing how I can pay half of what I pay for reloaded 9mm bulk ammo and get double the ammo in .22 - guilt-free shooting.

jrara
07-20-2011, 3:19 PM
Something I would like to know as well.

Funny enough.. I was debating whether to get a CZ or a GSG 1911. Decided to go with the GSG after seeing how I can pay half of what I pay for reloaded 9mm bulk ammo and get double the ammo in .22 - guilt-free shooting.

Yea, I already have a RIA 1911 in 9mm so I figure it would be beneficial to learn on 1911 platform that won't hurt my wallet on ammo.

SuMoSam
07-20-2011, 10:31 PM
The wait is over....or has it just begun?

ElvenSoul
07-20-2011, 10:41 PM
Anybody shoot a CA Model yet?

jrara
07-20-2011, 11:10 PM
The wait is over....or has it just begun?

The 10 day wait has begun, which will be the excruciating part.

DaveFJ80
07-20-2011, 11:19 PM
Anybody shoot a CA Model yet?

I've put about 1400 rounds through my GSG in the past 6 months. Pretty much no different from the CA model except for the non-threaded barrel.

CCI ammo (Mini Mags & Blazer) and Federal value pack red box ammo runs flawless through my gun. Federal value pack blue box ammo gives me lots of problems, and I've heard the same from a lot of other GSG owners. I'm curious to see if the CA model will be any exception to that (if the new barrels have something to do with it).

SuMoSam
07-21-2011, 11:51 AM
There are two things different between the GSG-1911CA and the GSG-1911.
The GSG-1911CA does not have a threaded barrel and is marked GSG-1911CA on the slide.

If you look at my picture posted above, my slide actually does not have the 'CA' label. This batch might be non-California with the non-threaded barrel.

jonzer77
07-21-2011, 1:56 PM
Markley's in Watsonville has at least one because I asked them to put one on hold for me :) $330 which isn't bad but I wouldn't pay the $399 canyon is asking.

SuMoSam
07-21-2011, 2:32 PM
Markley's in Watsonville has at least one because I asked them to put one on hold for me :) $330 which isn't bad but I wouldn't pay the $399 canyon is asking.

Markley's $330 price tag is a killer deal. City Arms is charged me $370 and my deposit at Target Masters West was for $361.

jrara
07-21-2011, 6:25 PM
Let note that I will check if my GSG 1911 has the updated Steel Barrel Bushing by using a magnet.

DaveFJ80
07-21-2011, 6:43 PM
Let note that I will check if my GSG 1911 has the updated Steel Barrel Bushing by using a magnet.

Mine came with the steel barrel bushing. But there's also a lot of play in it. There are threads on this on the 1911 forums.

I've been using the EGW Prefit Match Barrel bushing (http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=377482) and it's tight and gives me some really good groupings. A couple of other guys are also running the same bushing.

DaveFJ80
07-21-2011, 6:44 PM
BTW, are the CA models coming with 2 mags or 1 mag?

jrara
07-21-2011, 6:47 PM

Only one mag when I inspected mines.

SuMoSam
07-21-2011, 6:52 PM
Mine came with the steel barrel bushing. But there's also a lot of play in it. There are threads on this on the 1911 forums.

I've been using the EGW Prefit Match Barrel bushing (http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=377482) and it's tight and gives me some really good groupings. A couple of other guys are also running the same bushing.

Did you notice a difference in the grouping between the two bushings?

There was only 1 mag with the pistol. Thirty dollars seems a little expensive for an extra mag, but i guess it's still cheaper than some others.

DaveFJ80
07-22-2011, 7:27 AM
Did you notice a difference in the grouping between the two bushings?

Yes, but mostly at further distances.

At 25 yards (indoor range, no wind or elements), my groupings are about palm size if I'm concentrating & shooting slow with the EGW bushing. With the stock bushing, they're all over center mass when shooting the same way.

SuMoSam
07-22-2011, 8:48 AM
Yes, but mostly at further distances.

At 25 yards (indoor range, no wind or elements), my groupings are about palm size if I'm concentrating & shooting slow with the EGW bushing. With the stock bushing, they're all over center mass when shooting the same way.

Thanks Dave, i'm going to make this my first upgrade.

DaveFJ80
07-22-2011, 9:04 AM
Thanks Dave, i'm going to make this my first upgrade.

Just to warn you, it's not a drop-in fit. In fact, none of my 'regular' match grade 1911 barrel bushings that I would normally use on my Kimber would drop right into the GSG. I had to do some filing to make it fit right in the slide, and it's still pretty tight (tight to remove and put in, but the results are worth it for me).

Most 1911 parts will work on the GSG guns, but there are times when fitting or some modifying is required. I had to file my Kimber TLE MSH a little bit to fit onto the GSG, and one of the non-ambi safety levers needed to be filed (the current one I'm using dropped right in). I changed the grip screws and you need to put new bushings in to accomdate the allen/hex or torx screws, and the holes needed to be rethreaded with a tap if you want to do it right.

jonzer77
07-22-2011, 9:11 AM
Did you do anything to fix the grip safety since it needs a lot of force to engage?

jrara
07-22-2011, 9:26 AM
NOOO!!!! I just got a call from City Arms and they had to cancel the DROS because the pistol is not on the Roster. I am getting a refund. I don't want to argue.

Looks like M&P9 here I come.

DaveFJ80
07-22-2011, 9:34 AM
Did you do anything to fix the grip safety since it needs a lot of force to engage?

I've never heard of that problem on the GSG 1911's. Mine grip safety is easy to push in, lighter than my Kimber's grip safety.

SuMoSam
07-22-2011, 10:17 AM
NOOO!!!! I just got a call from City Arms and they had to cancel the DROS because the pistol is not on the Roster. I am getting a refund. I don't want to argue.

I got the same call, guess that's why the slide didn't have the CA label. I just canceled my deposit with Target Masters yesterday and don't know if i can be put on the list again over the phone.

jrara
07-22-2011, 11:08 AM
I got the same call, guess that's why the slide didn't have the CA label. I just canceled my deposit with Target Masters yesterday and don't know if i can be put on the list again over the phone.

What the Hell?? :mad:

Too good to be true, I guess.

jonzer77
07-22-2011, 1:07 PM
I've never heard of that problem on the GSG 1911's. Mine grip safety is easy to push in, lighter than my Kimber's grip safety.

Lucky, I read few people saying it was really stiff and when I went to look at one I noticed that as well. Haven't fired it so I don't know how it shoots though.

jrara
07-22-2011, 1:47 PM
Got my refund.
Uncle V said the barrel made it a non-roster gun.

jonzer77
07-22-2011, 1:52 PM
Head down to Markleys, they have them for $330!

mif_slim
07-22-2011, 9:34 PM
Called all around today and all the shops (10 of em?) have em in backorder. :( might have to make a excuse to go to San Jose and swing by watsonville!

joe321
07-22-2011, 9:39 PM
I guess Browning has a 1911 22 as well. Not sure if it's out in stores yet. May have to wait for this one.

http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd402/cltemp/SHOTShow2011-82.jpg

DaveFJ80
07-23-2011, 11:33 AM
I read few people saying it was really stiff and when I went to look at one I noticed that as well.

When you tried it out at the store, was the empty mag inserted into the gun? Because if not, then the mag disconnect would keep the grip safety from engaging. I've seen some people mistake that for a really stiff grip safety, and once the mag was in then the grip safety was very soft & easy to push in.

k1dude
07-23-2011, 1:28 PM
I guess Browning has a 1911 22 as well. Not sure if it's out in stores yet. May have to wait for this one.

http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd402/cltemp/SHOTShow2011-82.jpg

MSRP on the Browning is $600. I imagine the street price will be significantly higher than the GSG. It appears it's also a basic bare-bones 1911 with plastic grips. The GSG has a skeleton trigger, wood grips, upgraded sights, and a beavertail. It'll be interesting to compare the two when the Browning comes out.

http://www.browning.com/products/catalog/firearms/detail.asp?value=028B&cat_id=051&type_id=802&content=1911-22-a1-firearms#center

Ripon83
07-23-2011, 1:41 PM
Isn't the browning sized smaller? I thought I read it was 90% the size of a true 1911 govt model?

jeep7081
07-23-2011, 2:27 PM
Going to head over to Alamo Pawn to see if I can get one there, if not I will go to Turners and put a deposit down. I am hoping for 2 of them

Alamo Pawn didn't have any. I asked on my recent PPT.

k1dude
07-23-2011, 2:43 PM
Isn't the browning sized smaller? I thought I read it was 90% the size of a true 1911 govt model?

I too read that it was a scaled down version. At least that's what American Rifleman said. But when I pulled it up on Browning's website, there was no mention of it being scaled down. Unfortunately, they don't even provide the specs, so I can't tell for sure.

yoitsbruce
07-23-2011, 4:29 PM
i got mine from ade's for $422 after tax dros

Boris
07-23-2011, 6:39 PM
Talked to ATI in New York on Thursday. They say they just got the CA models in and should be shipping this week.

SuMoSam
07-23-2011, 11:11 PM
Isn't the browning sized smaller? I thought I ead it was 90% the size of a true 1911 govt model?

On the Browning website it mentions the new gun is scaled to 85%, which is not attractive to me at all.

k1dude
07-24-2011, 8:29 AM
On the Browning website it mentions the new gun is scaled to 85%, which is not attractive to me at all.

I must've missed that. I went back to the website and still couldn't find it. I agree, that takes it off my list as well.

xs2k
07-24-2011, 10:14 PM
I just pre-ordered one on Friday and manager (cool guy BTW) at Turners said these should be coming in this week or next week at the latest. $349 + tax and DROS.

yoitsbruce
07-24-2011, 10:45 PM
i seen a dude put a box of rgb's through it with just 5 ftf's not to bad using the cheapo stuff

rubber duckie
07-24-2011, 10:59 PM
hey bruce you wouldn't know if they have anymore in stock would you?

sava
07-25-2011, 1:21 PM
I picked mine up in early July. Since then, I have put about 700 rounds through it. After playing with the sights for a while I got the gun sighted in at 15-20yds. I shot Blazer, Remington, and Winchester Wally World ammo through it.

Other than a few FTE spent cases the GSG ran flawlessly. At first, the slide and frame fitment felt "gritty", but after some lube and a couple hundred rounds the slide feels like butter. For $350 OTD with 2 mags(instead of the standard 1 mag), this is the best investment I have made. I really enjoy this pistol and my girl loves shooting it as well. The accuracy at 20 yds isn't anything to write home about, but the barrel bushing does nothing to keep the barrel in a consistent place. I can place 5 mags worth of rounds(50) in the area a little larger than a CD at 20yds. Again, nothing impressive, but it does the job of a plinker.

Would I buy this gun again? You bet your @$$!!!

yoitsbruce
07-25-2011, 6:04 PM
ades will order it for you as long as you put 1/2 down. the guys there tell me they usually ship out 2 air.

mif_slim
07-25-2011, 8:00 PM
You guys need to stop flaunting your GSG 1911!! I'm about to drive across the state to look for one!! Lol!

SuMoSam
07-25-2011, 8:34 PM
You guys need to stop flaunting your GSG 1911!! I'm about to drive across the state to look for one!! Lol!

I feel this way everytime i click on this thread.

DaveFJ80
07-25-2011, 8:50 PM
I was at Turner's West Covina picking up a gun tonight, and I was talking to the store manager who was working behind the counter. I asked him when did they think they'll have the GSG 1911 guns in. He said around November :eek:.

For all we know they can come in at any time, depending on ATI. But he was pretty confident about the late Fall arrival time. Either way, they're currently taking deposits on them and the price is $399.

Rallyfan
07-25-2011, 8:53 PM
The price seems high (?) and I wonder if it's because of low supply.

So there are no confirmed live sightings in SoCal then?

DaveFJ80
07-25-2011, 10:01 PM
This was from a couple of weeks ago. I ran (walked) this stage slow, but fast forward to 1:47 and you'll see the GSG in action.... the little action that it saw on that day :p.

And yes, the GSG 1911 is much louder than the 15-22.... really noticable at the indoor range.

o_o-Pf2UiMc

SuMoSam
07-25-2011, 10:23 PM
This was from a couple of weeks ago. I ran (walked) this stage slow, but fast forward to 1:47 and you'll see the GSG in action.... the little action that it saw on that day :p.

And yes, the GSG 1911 is much louder than the 15-22.... really noticable at the indoor range.

o_o-Pf2UiMc

Dave, this looks like a lot of fun. Now I have to looking in these Steel Madness event.

jonzer77
07-25-2011, 10:26 PM
I have one on hold for $382 otd :)

xs2k
07-25-2011, 11:33 PM

o_o-Pf2UiMc

You suck!!! (kidding) Making me impatient waiting for my GSG to come in!!! lol

jrara
07-25-2011, 11:52 PM
I have one on hold for $382 otd :)

Markley's?

Oldrice
07-26-2011, 1:52 AM
The price seems high (?) and I wonder if it's because of low supply.

Well, it's that and they're just sticking it to you guys because of your demand for them. They are definitely overcharging you for the pistols.

The GSG 1911s have always been $319 - $329 out here (even when they first came out) and now they're down to $299 at one of the larger, local places. (Fin, Feather and Fur)

The few changes that they have had to make to sell the gun in California cannot justify a $100.00 increase in cost. You all should take a stand.

rubber duckie
07-26-2011, 2:10 AM
The GSG 1911s have always been $319 - $329 out here (even when they first came out) and now they're down to $299 at one of the larger, local places. (Fin, Feather and Fur)

The few changes that they have had to make to sell the gun in California cannot justify a $100.00 increase in cost. You all should take a stand.

maybe once they stay on the shelves for a while the prices will go down. once turners has theirs and sells them at 350 soon everyone else will fallow.

gorenut
07-26-2011, 8:30 AM
ades will order it for you as long as you put 1/2 down. the guys there tell me they usually ship out 2 air.

I'd be willing to put half down for one. How much are they quoting as far as pricing?

dllma70
07-26-2011, 9:46 AM
I had to cancel my order for the ISSC M22 once I saw this thread. Waiting for my local FFL to get some in stock. Hopefully riflegear or OC Armory will be willing to get some and sell for about $325-$350

jonzer77
07-26-2011, 11:10 AM
Markley's?

Yeah, I am going to see how I like it and if I decide to keep it I am going to sell my kadet kit.

cprieto
07-26-2011, 9:34 PM
I'm not a big Turners fan but I need one of these!

Warguy
07-30-2011, 1:58 PM
So I just held one at the Ontario gun show, it felt great, but the dude wanted 469!!!!! Crazy, ifit would have been 369 I would have pulledthe trigger but damn that's a ripoff. It was the only one I saw there too.

cprieto
07-31-2011, 4:21 AM
I just checked on the ATI with Turners and they are taking pre-orders. They are, however, quoting around 700 something for it! Unless the kid behind the counter was on drugs that day I will be skiping the ATI.

Boris
07-31-2011, 8:14 PM
I just checked on the ATI with Turners and they are taking pre-orders. They are, however, quoting around 700 something for it! Unless the kid behind the counter was on drugs that day I will be skiping the ATI.

Divide that in half, broham. Pre-orders are $349.99.

Ubermcoupe
08-01-2011, 5:35 PM
Ok, ok...

I broke down and bought one today from the only shop that had them (and seemed willing to sell one). I was getting really discouraged with the folks here in NCal giving me the "we'll get them if we get them" attitude. Once again Calgunners to the rescue!
$339 + Tax and Fees came to just shy of $400.

Picked up a couple extra mags from GSG5rife.com (http://www.gsg5rifle.com/item/435535_American_Tactical_Imports_High_Capacity_Mag azine_.aspx). Not really a savings on the price BUT the 2.99 flat rate shipping saves some overall costs.

I am really happy with it, felt it out and knew right away I had to buy it. They did not have the railed version available. It was actaully a pleasant trip over the hill, one of the "regulars" @ the shop owns a Chiappa 1911, and some of the other guys and I started discussing the other .22 options (Browning 80%, Chiappa, Kimber conversion, & the Colt/Umarex version, etc) and came to the end the conversation that this .22 was not the usual 1911 clone.

I took some pictures but I am having issues getting them off my phone, I will post 'em if I get it working. :D

yoitsbruce
08-02-2011, 9:17 AM
ades is selling them for $359, stockade & fowlers $390

triplestack3
08-02-2011, 9:27 AM
As badly as I want one, they're going for more than I want to pay right now. I'm playing the waiting game until it dies down a little bit, maybe buy next year.

gorenut
08-02-2011, 10:46 AM
As badly as I want one, they're going for more than I want to pay right now. I'm playing the waiting game until it dies down a little bit, maybe buy next year.

I think I'll do the same. I'll get a Glock .22 conversion kit to tide me over in the meantime. I figure if I wait it out, prices will go down and if there are any known kinks.. they'll get resolved.

DaveFJ80
08-02-2011, 12:58 PM

So instead of paying $349 - $399 for one now (at most places that people have listed above... even Turner's at $399), you'd rather wait a year and try to get it at $299 - $349, for maybe a $50 savings?

IMO, spend the $50 now and enjoy the gun now.

xs2k
08-02-2011, 11:46 PM
So instead of paying $349 - $399 for one now (at most places that people have listed above... even Turner's at $399), you'd rather wait a year and try to get it at $299 - $349, for maybe a $50 savings?

Turners = $349

pisarski
08-03-2011, 3:34 AM
but turners don't have any in stock have been wating for a long time for them to come in but not yet

triplestack3
08-03-2011, 8:10 AM

That's like 3 bricks of CCI Blazer :D Got plenty of other rimfires to mess around with, so waiting isn't going to be a big deal. The pistol is at the top of my to-buy list. It's the perfect combination of my favorite caliber and favorite pistol platform.

Ubermcoupe
08-03-2011, 12:21 PM

Nothing wrong in waiting, and not that I am justifying my own splurging ;), but I agree with dave, get it now. The cheapest one I saw went for $280 used on GB and that was free state to free state. I cannot really imagine it getting much lower, unless 10000 of these CA approved models are in hiding and hit the market all of a sudden.
As far as I am concerned I have waited a year for one so I am glad I got mine while the shop had it.

puRe59
08-03-2011, 4:22 PM
Who took the gsg 1911 from ade's???! It was mineeeeee.... until you took it.

AlbcAlbrr
08-03-2011, 6:37 PM
Who took the gsg 1911 from ade's???! It was mineeeeee.... until you took it.

It wasn't me - but I did buy the one at Fowler's Gun Room on Saturday. :D

6 days left on the count down to get it out of jail. :(

pisarski
08-03-2011, 6:41 PM
i wanted it to be me but it was gone when i called the stockade has some but they want to much for me so i will keep waiting for turners hope it is soon

blasterman88
08-03-2011, 11:20 PM
So let me check for understanding, has anyone actually purchased a CA approved model? Or are they still on back order?

triplestack3
08-04-2011, 5:59 AM
Haha I was going to stop by ade's yesterday. Looks like I am going to be waiting by default

Ubermcoupe
08-04-2011, 6:12 AM
So let me check for understanding, has anyone actually purchased a CA approved model? Or are they still on back order?

Yes! - Just did.

yoitsbruce
08-04-2011, 6:45 AM
as long as you pay up then they will ship to your ffl pretty quick. it seems that if your ffl buys in bulk then theres a wait. mine took 3 days for them to ship to ades. turnners probably orders about couple hundred at a time.

The Hen
08-05-2011, 1:23 PM
3 days left of the 10 day sentence on a GSG 1911 Ca.

SuMoSam
08-05-2011, 5:14 PM

Hey Hen, where did you get your's from?

Innovative
08-05-2011, 5:59 PM
This is by far the best 1911 (in .22 RF) I've ever seen.

http://www.larrywillis.com/ATIandCCI.jpg

www.larrywillis.com (http://www.larrywillis.com/ATI%20pistol.html)

I wrote about the good AND the bad features of this ATI handgun. Overall it's a great shooter, and it can be tweaked into a super shooter with very little effort.

It doesn't have the accuracy of a quality match pistol, but if you like shooting the .45 ACP . . . you'll love this handgun. It's one of my favorites.

The Hen
08-05-2011, 8:12 PM
purchased the GSG 1911 22 Calif. edition from a local gun shop in Temecula. The Shootist

Ubermcoupe
08-05-2011, 8:17 PM

6 for me. :D Range report and pictures are a must!

SuMoSam
08-05-2011, 9:25 PM
We still don't have any in the bay area.

Warguy
08-06-2011, 12:02 AM
+1 on the avatar triplestack3 looks like we got some more stuff in common :cheers2:

blasterman88
08-06-2011, 2:45 PM
I just dros'd mine here in the Sac area today! Call TDS in Rocklin i think they had more?

philc
08-06-2011, 3:51 PM
After 500 rounds, my guide rod broke. I had a feeling this gun wouldn't hold up. Feels like a tin can.

Ubermcoupe
08-06-2011, 6:00 PM
After 500 rounds, my guide rod broke. I had a feeling this gun wouldn't hold up. Feels like a tin can.

Bummer, I have heard about that happening from some of the reviews online. They mentioned that ATI shipped them a new one. Pictures if you can please, and let us know how the customer service route goes, hopefully it won't happen to others, but it would be great to know how to handle it if it did happen. Sorry Phil. :(

I just dros'd mine here in the Sac area today! Call TDS in Rocklin i think they had more?
+1 for TDS. I got my ODG27 when they had them last. :)

blasterman88
08-06-2011, 10:51 PM
TDS is the best for sure..iv bought all my Guns from them, Don in there is a HUGE help!

yoitsbruce
08-07-2011, 9:30 AM
instead of gettin my eotech i bought the gsg1911

SuMoSam
08-07-2011, 12:29 PM

Hey Phil, do you want to sell it?

SuMoSam
08-07-2011, 12:33 PM

If TDS was closer to San Francisco it would mine.

pisarski
08-09-2011, 6:26 PM
turners add for the month has the gsg 1911-22 on sale for $319.98 glad that i havent put all the money down so will go in on friday to get the deal

xs2k
08-09-2011, 8:18 PM
Any stock updates from Turners in the last couple of days? Did they get these yet or not?

Ubermcoupe
08-09-2011, 9:30 PM
turners add for the month has the gsg 1911-22 on sale for $319.98 glad that i havent put all the money down so will go in on friday to get the deal

Not to be discouraging, but I hope they have them in stock. Keep us updated either way :thumbsup:

DaveFJ80
08-09-2011, 10:33 PM
turners add for the month has the gsg 1911-22 on sale for $319.98

I saw that too today. For that price, I'm probably going to pick up another one to have as another fun plinker :)

slowxturtle
08-09-2011, 11:34 PM
I saw that too today. For that price, I'm probably going to pick up another one to have as another fun plinker :)

Where is their 'month' ad? Only see their Weekly and Wednesday ad's.

Oldrice
08-10-2011, 3:03 AM

There have been alot of problems associated with the newer, plastic, fluted guide rod that GSG has been putting in the pistols. Supposedly, ATI is aware of the problem and has been working with GSG to get it resolved. The earlier GSG 1911 had a solid guide rod that was virtually problem free... it seems that they went to this as a "cost savings." Right.:rolleyes:

There have been a bunch of posts about this on Rimfire Central and the 1911 forums and the good, cheap, permanent fix appears to be this SS guide rod (scroll down...): http://www.cwaccessories.com/services.html

The guys that have bought them give them good reviews. I have no affiliation with the link.

ATI has very good customer service as well. You should call them immediately and advise them of the failure; they will send you replacement parts at no charge.

pisarski
08-10-2011, 3:44 AM
my add came in the mail but it should be online to

gorenut
08-10-2011, 7:37 AM
Thanks for the info. I was originally going to go out and buy one as soon as it was available.. but I think I'll wait it out a bit until either kinks get worked out or I can get one cheap enough to cover costs of potential replacement parts.

DaveFJ80
08-10-2011, 10:02 AM
There have been alot of problems associated with the newer, plastic, fluted guide rod that GSG has been putting in the pistols. Supposedly, ATI is aware of the problem and has been working with GSG to get it resolved. The earlier GSG 1911 had a solid guide rod that was virtually problem free... it seems that they went to this as a "cost savings."

My GSG has the solid guide rod and a metal barrel bushing (came that way, never had to get anything replaced from ATI).

Never had any problems feeding or ejecting the ammo that I use, except for the Federal Champion BLUE box stuff (red box is fine). I wonder if the newer guide rode would make any difference, but I don't really care to find out since what I have now is working great.

Oldrice
08-10-2011, 12:30 PM
My GSG has the solid guide rod and a metal barrel bushing (came that way, never had to get anything replaced from ATI).

Never had any problems feeding or ejecting the ammo that I use, except for the Federal Champion BLUE box stuff (red box is fine). I wonder if the newer guide rode would make any difference, but I don't really care to find out since what I have now is working great.

Mine also has a solid guide rod and I have not experienced a problem with it either - and I've got over 4000 rounds through mine to date.

My post made reference to the newer, fluted plastic one that many guys have found in more recent production purchases. It is obviously inferior to the solid rod that was originally installed in the pistol by GSG; some of those that have them have experienced failures.

Ubermcoupe
08-10-2011, 3:09 PM

Dang Dave, Double fisting... ;)

DaveFJ80
08-10-2011, 3:33 PM
Dang Dave, Double fisting... ;)

Akimbo GSG-1911's :2guns:

xs2k
08-11-2011, 9:54 AM
Just heard 100 guns shipped. Not sure if this is 100 guns per shop, or 100 guns total. I sure as hell hope it's 100 per shop.

SuMoSam
08-11-2011, 11:03 AM
Just heard 100 guns shipped. Not sure if this is 100 guns per shop, or 100 guns total. I sure as hell hope it's 100 per shop.

Did you get this info from ATI?

pisarski
08-11-2011, 12:19 PM
i called ati and they told me that it whould be 2 to 3 weeks to ship so who knows when we will get them

toyturbo
08-11-2011, 1:11 PM
Sum manager in the Turner's @signal hill said the 1911's just got off the boat, said they should be receiving them in 3-4 wks

mif_slim
08-11-2011, 1:26 PM
i called ati and they told me that it whould be 2 to 3 weeks to ship so who knows when we will get them

haha thats what they told me two or three weeks ago.

Boltz
08-11-2011, 1:59 PM
:twoweeks:

Sorry, but that had to be done :D

Ubermcoupe
08-11-2011, 2:02 PM
Akimbo GSG-1911's :2guns:

"yeeeehawwww"

xs2k
08-11-2011, 11:16 PM
Did you get this info from ATI?

Director of sales from Turners.

Yes, yours will be discounted and I also have been told that 100 guns shipped and should be here in 2-4 days.

Rob Zubak
Director of Sales

philc
08-12-2011, 1:30 AM
There have been a bunch of posts about this on Rimfire Central and the 1911 forums and the good, cheap, permanent fix appears to be this SS guide rod (scroll down...): http://www.cwaccessories.com/services.html

That was the route that I went. Received it today. Will play with it on the 21st at USI (Bay Point). BYOA and you can play with it too.

mif_slim
08-12-2011, 8:44 AM
Director of sales from Turners.

Tuners ordered 100 GSG1911CA?!?!?!?!?! Thats where they all went!

slowxturtle
08-12-2011, 7:14 PM
Just put a deposit today at Turners for 1 of the 100! :punk:

The manager said it should be at the warehouse this coming week.

rmz45099
08-12-2011, 8:35 PM
Anyone know how the non-ca models have the thread protector attached?
Is it permanently attached?

pisarski
08-16-2011, 12:00 PM
just got a call from turners and the guns are in the warehouse going down to do the paperwork and then the wait will get it on friday of next week

clbshooter
08-16-2011, 12:22 PM

triplestack3
08-16-2011, 12:32 PM
I have been hearing 1 week or 2 weeks from Turner's since May...

slowxturtle
08-16-2011, 12:59 PM
Got my call as well last night. GSG's are in. Going to DROS today.

Ubermcoupe
08-16-2011, 1:48 PM
Got my call as well last night. GSG's are in. Going to DROS today.

:thumbsup:

You will love it. I just left the range after putting a brick through my mine. Love it! If I find time in between some packing I will post my review today *fingerscrossed*

Warguy
08-16-2011, 3:57 PM
just got mine!!! San bernardino turners has them in and I DROS'd it today!!!! w00t!!!

yoitsbruce
08-16-2011, 4:49 PM
i need to sell mine

slowxturtle
08-16-2011, 6:09 PM
:thumbsup:

You will love it. I just left the range after putting a brick through my mine. Love it! If I find time in between some packing I will post my review today *fingerscrossed*

Nice! Write up a review. I want to know how reliable it was for you.

Ubermcoupe
08-16-2011, 9:31 PM
Nice! Write up a review. I want to know how reliable it was for you.

Pretty reliable! I am typing up the review now! Maybe I will make it to "sticky" status! ;)
:BRB:

DaveFJ80
08-17-2011, 8:15 AM
I saw this and thought it was pretty cool looking. Cerakote to look like a MC Operator (and it actually does).

I need to cerakote my GSG because the finish sucks, probably in all black.

http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae253/JFLOINDUSTRIES/7fff3a6f.jpg

mif_slim
08-17-2011, 1:20 PM
i need to sell mine

I'll take it! Haha

ElvenSoul
08-17-2011, 1:35 PM
How do they shoot? How is the balance?

slowxturtle
08-17-2011, 5:08 PM
I saw this and thought it was pretty cool looking. Cerakote to look like a MC Operator (and it actually does).

I need to cerakote my GSG because the finish sucks, probably in all black.

http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae253/JFLOINDUSTRIES/7fff3a6f.jpg

Funny. I have an MC Operator and I just bought a GSG 1911. All that is missing is the Pachmyer Rubber Grips.

SuMoSam
08-17-2011, 5:15 PM
For a second I thought you so cal guys took all the supply, but i got a call from City Arms today saying they had a shipment, too. Finally DROSed the CA version. Thankful I got into shooting Skeet and Traps the other week or else it will be hell waiting for her to get out of jail.

blasterman88
08-17-2011, 9:47 PM
I picked mine up today from TDS....Cant wait to shoot it!!

xs2k
08-17-2011, 11:44 PM
Can anyone confirm/deny if it comes with stainless bushing?

The Hen
08-18-2011, 4:41 AM
Guys. I got my calif edition gsg 2 weeks ago. It has a metal, magnet tested, barrel bushing. But the interesting thing is they added a ramp to the barrel so that the guide rod cannot be mis-intalled after a field strip cleaning. Works great.

japbeercow
08-18-2011, 12:00 PM
SuMoSam - Do you know if City Arms had anymore of these in stock?

SuMoSam
08-18-2011, 1:15 PM
Hey Japbeercow, I just gave them a call and they still have a handful of them. If you want them to hold one for you, just give them a call and ask to make the purchase over the phone. Their number is 650-738-6896.

Tzvia
08-18-2011, 3:10 PM
Been wanting one of these GSGs the moment I first heard of them here. Waited patiently for them to be in stock locally, so I jumped on one at Turners Reseda today. $319, not a bad price. So I will calmly wait till the 28th to pick it up....

It will make a fine addition to my other 22s.
Lee Enfiled .22 Short Rifle Mark IV
2 Romanian M69s
Sig Mosquito
'59 Colt Targetsman
Beretta Neos
CMMG 22 upper on Spikes lower.

ELIXIR
08-18-2011, 3:44 PM
What was the OTD price? I'm thinking of going to Turners in Reseda my self and picking up one of these bad boys. I believe they are on special until the 1st or 2nd of September, if I'm not mistaking.

Been wanting one of these GSGs the moment I first heard of them here. Waited patiently for them to be in stock locally, so I jumped on one at Turners Reseda today. $319, not a bad price. So I will calmly wait till the 28th to pick it up....

It will make a fine addition to my other 22s.
Lee Enfiled .22 Short Rifle Mark IV
2 Romanian M69s
Sig Mosquito
'59 Colt Targetsman
Beretta Neos
CMMG 22 upper on Spikes lower.

mif_slim
08-18-2011, 4:13 PM
I bit the bullet and bought one locally. 395.00. Expensive but we'll see. Their a new shop and one of the friendliest shop I've been to in my life, might as well support them. Their guns are all great pricing, just the GSG was pretty high. Haha.

PhalSe
08-18-2011, 4:25 PM
So i've been excited about this gun and just noticed it was available in CA now through reading this thread. I saw a couple people post that it's reasonably accurate but not great. Given that it's price is pretty close to a Ruger 22/45 or Kimber conversion kit how do those three compare as far as accuracy, feel compared to a full size .45 1911, and overall quality? I'd rather have a separate gun than the conversion kit so i can use it to introduce newbies while i practice with my .45 but since it's main purpose is training i'd like to know that as i get better with my form i won't hit a wall on accuracy from the pistol too quickly. My 1911 is my first handgun and i'm consistantly getting about 6 inch groups at about 20 yds and occasionally able to get a 2-4 inch group.

Smitherines
08-18-2011, 4:47 PM
Walked into the West Covina Turner's during lunch today, and they had them in stock (not sure how many). Sooo, purchase made! $378 OTD. It looks nice - can't wait to shoot it.

Tzvia
08-18-2011, 5:11 PM
What was the OTD price? I'm thinking of going to Turners in Reseda my self and picking up one of these bad boys. I believe they are on special until the 1st or 2nd of September, if I'm not mistaking.

Yep, $378 OTD. They had none physically there, but the salesperson said they were in their 'warehouse' as they just got 100 in. Shipments from their warehouse come in Tuesday's and mine will be in then. They did get a few last Tuesday but they sold pretty quick. So he got a serial# from their warehouse and I started dros.

Warguy
08-18-2011, 9:50 PM
yup 378 for me too! nice

SuMoSam
08-19-2011, 6:23 AM
OTD at Turners is cheaper than the sticker price Mif and I had to pay. Turners need to look into a Bay Area store.

Ubermcoupe
08-19-2011, 12:43 PM
Guys. I got my calif edition gsg 2 weeks ago. It has a metal, magnet tested, barrel bushing. But the interesting thing is they added a ramp to the barrel so that the guide rod cannot be mis-intalled after a field strip cleaning. Works great.

Yup!
http://i.imgur.com/Q8hZm.jpg

gorenut
08-20-2011, 9:50 AM
Darn, both Turners in my area is sold out.

XDshooter
08-21-2011, 10:46 PM
Yep, $378 OTD. They had none physically there, but the salesperson said they were in their 'warehouse' as they just got 100 in. Shipments from their warehouse come in Tuesday's and mine will be in then. They did get a few last Tuesday but they sold pretty quick. So he got a serial# from their warehouse and I started dros.

I was one of the first people in on the 12th to the Reseda store. I paid in full for a GSG 1911, and they haven't called me yet to come in to start DROS.

Turner's customer service is ****ing bull****. They need to get their act together.

pisarski
08-22-2011, 5:02 AM
if you paid for the gun on the 12th there are a lot of guys in front of you that paid 1 to 3 months before you

JoeinLA
08-22-2011, 7:11 AM
I was at turners on Friday and the guy told me they (the whole chain) received 100 on Tuesday and only had 6 left in the warehouse. I'd like to think he wasnt just giving me the hard sell tactics and that he was tellin the truth - that they're selling like hotcakes.

I chose to pass for a few different reason, but it does seem like quite the hot item. I'd be interested in ppl's experiences after putting several thousand rounds through them.

XDshooter
08-22-2011, 8:08 AM
if you paid for the gun on the 12th there are a lot of guys in front of you that paid 1 to 3 months before you

I know for a fact that quite a few people in this thread stated they bought one on the 12th and have already been called.
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=6952776&postcount=197
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=6974697&postcount=202

So there is no way 100 people bought one prior to this.

My paperwork says 10:07am.

Tzvia:

When did you pay in full for your gun?

DaveFJ80
08-22-2011, 10:40 AM
Turner's West Covina had a few in stock at the store on Friday morning when I stopped by there to check them out.

I would've bought one, but I had just DROS'd a Springer TRP down the street at Alamo a few minutes earlier :p

jeep7081
08-22-2011, 12:29 PM
Turners is sold out. They got 86 in and all sold.

gorenut
08-22-2011, 1:15 PM

Kind of a blessing for me, cause this weekend I was ready to buy. After reading how much of the GSG is Zinc (pot metal), I think I'll pass and just get either a Buckmark or Ruger 22/45.

Though if I owned a 1911 already, I'd probably still be more inclined to get the GSG.

triplestack3
08-22-2011, 2:31 PM
Kind of a blessing for me, cause this weekend I was ready to buy. After reading how much of the GSG is Zinc (pot metal), I think I'll pass and just get either a Buckmark or Ruger 22/45.

Though if I owned a 1911 already, I'd probably still be more inclined to get the GSG.

Once you get a 22/45, you'll still want one. :cool2:

gorenut
08-22-2011, 2:52 PM
Once you get a 22/45, you'll still want one. :cool2:

So you telling me I should get a Buckmark instead? :)

triplestack3
08-22-2011, 3:01 PM
Why not all three? :)

paintballdad
08-22-2011, 3:33 PM

I thought about buying one sight unseen on the 15th but opted to hold out until i read more shooting feedback from early adopters. If these really are made of zinc castings then i'll probably pass. I'm glad i didn't sell the Buckmark to fund a GSG 1911.

gorenut
08-22-2011, 4:16 PM
I thought about buying one sight unseen on the 15th but opted to hold out until i read more shooting feedback from early adopters. If these really are made of zinc castings then i'll probably pass. I'm glad i didn't sell the Buckmark to fund a GSG 1911.

The slide is aluminum, but the frame is zinc.. as is some of the other parts that have reported to have failures. As far as I know.. since the CA models are coming around later.. some of these parts have been upgraded already from the factory - but not for certain about that.

Still, zinc frame is obviously here to stay and I'm not a huge fan of that.

jeep7081
08-22-2011, 6:20 PM
Too late. I put a deposit down on one. Manager goofed and quoted me $299 and honored it. Well see how the next batch is. :cool:

pisarski
08-26-2011, 4:40 PM
i picked my gun up today and it looks great can't wait to shoot it
it comes with a lock but turners said it was not cal legal so had to buy one and they tryed to take the one that came with the gun and i said that if you want the lock then pay me for it
i got to keep the lock

jeep7081
08-26-2011, 4:42 PM
it comes with a lock but turners said it was not cal legal so had to buy one and they tryed to take the one that came with the gun and i said that if you want the lock then pay me for it
i got to keep the lock

Too funny. I have a deposit down until they come in. 1 mag or two?

Ya, that's BS about the lock. I got charged by Turners too.

SuMoSam
08-26-2011, 5:12 PM
Buy the lock for the legality of taking possession of the firearm and then go return the lock.

pisarski
08-26-2011, 6:16 PM
it just comes with 1 mag

Warguy
08-26-2011, 9:00 PM
I picked up mine today too!!!

Tzvia
08-27-2011, 5:47 AM
i got to keep the lock

Awesome. Typical Turners. Which store was that? I can pick up mine tomorrow and will watch for that bull. Maybe I can call it a wash, I buy yours, and you buy mine :43:. I hope they have extra mags...

MongooseV8
08-27-2011, 7:14 AM
BAY AREA SHOOTERS!

Just a heads up, Davidsons Gallery of Guns has 87 in stock and will ship to a local FFL for free. I have bought several guns through them and they are awesome and very cheap. My local shop will do $420 OTD. I little higher than Turners but we dont have another option right now.

jeep7081
08-27-2011, 7:59 AM
BAY AREA SHOOTERS!

Just a heads up, Davidsons Gallery of Guns has 87 in stock and will ship to a local FFL for free. I have bought several guns through them and they are awesome and very cheap. My local shop will do $420 OTD. I little higher than Turners but we dont have another option right now.

I paid $360 otd @ Turners.

XDshooter
08-27-2011, 10:52 AM
I canceled my order for a GSG 1911 and bought a Browning Buckmark that was on sale.

Even got an extra mag for the price difference.

This is the second GSG I have tried to buy that turned out to be a wait-fest.

:22:GSG

And this gun won't break apart.

paintballdad
08-27-2011, 11:52 AM
^I had thought about selling my Buckmark to fund a GSG 1911. After reading about some of the issues and the cast zinc frame, i decided against it. I think your going to be glad you went with the Buckmark.