PDA

View Full Version : non corrosive, non magnetic 7.62x39

Cashrip
05-21-2011, 4:04 PM
just purchased my first ak today and i was hoping to get some advice on ammo that i can shoot at the range. i really am that lazy, where i dont want to have to clean the thing right after i shoot it, so i wanna stay away from the corrosive stuff. so can anyone make a recommendation on some cheap non corrosive and non magnetic ammo that they have had some good luck with?

Bentot
05-21-2011, 4:08 PM
Use dummy rounds. :D
Seriously, cleaning corrossive rounds is not that difficult.

Milsurps
05-21-2011, 4:12 PM
Fiocchi green box. Winchester white box at Walmart.

El Gato
05-21-2011, 4:18 PM
for my AK's and my SKS and My mini 30.....

corrosive primed is fine... I keep a bore snake and windex in my kit ....easy button...

tujungatoes
05-21-2011, 4:22 PM
We live in LA. It's a desert here. Without humidity corrosive ammo is almost a non issue. The only time you'll have any immediate rust issues is in the rainy season. Get yourself some yugo surplus ammo and rock that mo-fo.

When it's wet just clean your rifle when you get home from the range. It's not like it's gonna turn your rife into a rusted pile on the drive home. And don't listen to the windex worshipers. All you need is water, or a water based solvent.

Cashrip
05-21-2011, 4:28 PM
that yugo surplus is pretty much the cheapist stuff i can find on the internet too, guess im stocking up on that then lol.

tujungatoes
05-21-2011, 4:38 PM
Keep in mind If you live within the actual "city of los angeles" Most online vendors will not ship to you. I have ammo shipped to a friend in burbank.

Cashrip
05-21-2011, 4:47 PM
ya ive noticed that, im in the south bay so i should be good

RonPogi
05-21-2011, 6:11 PM
+1 to yugo i've got or almost finished all 3 boxes(1260/box) of yugo

The Bacon Eater
05-21-2011, 8:51 PM
Wolf made a yellow/black box that is non metallic and non corrosive. How many rounds are you looking to get? I have a nice stock pile and can sell you a few if you want to go shoot at the range, or buy bimetal and go out to the desert.

CSACANNONEER
05-21-2011, 8:55 PM
I have shot almost 1000 rounds through my AK pistol since I built it about two years ago. I mainly run corrosive Yugo through it and have yet to clean it or see any signs of corrosion.