PDA

View Full Version : Del Mar Crossroads of the West GS this weekend

sthornwall
12-06-2006, 2:05 PM
FYI
The GS at Del Mar Fairgrounds is back in town this weekend (Dec. 9th and 10th). CWS will be there for all your blackrifle needs. I got a friend of mine coming from Riverside CA to purchase his first LR. So far this will be the 10th LR :p total I have had my hand in bringing into CA. Make that number 60,001. Anyone going this weekend?

grammaton76
12-06-2006, 2:26 PM
Going... I'll be working at the CWS table.

BTW, if your friend is in Riverside, he might wanna think about doing the transfer through Bright Spot Pawn.

sthornwall
12-06-2006, 3:03 PM
Going... I'll be working at the CWS table.

BTW, if your friend is in Riverside, he might wanna think about doing the transfer through Bright Spot Pawn.

Thanks for the info, I will let him know. He was a little worried about who could handle his transfer. CWS has been very good at taking care of their customers. I purchased all three of my LR's through them as well as all of my friends.

grammaton76
12-08-2006, 4:16 PM
Ok, just bumping this thread as we're about to hit the Del Mar show. :)

I'm not sure what the other dudes will have, but I know Ammobros will be there (not sure if they have the Monsterman grips there or not).

CWS will be there - I'll be at the booth, we've got Morepoop4u's mag lock for sale, as well as HDM 10/30 AK mags (ask about the combo pack), and the Century AES-10's. Also, anyone who needs a G2 trigger... we're selling those for about what you'd pay with S&H coming from MidwayUSA.

I got a chance to fondle my own AES-10 yesterday - and, while I'm going to be selling these things, this IS pretty free from bias. Others are welcome to double check me here.

1. Century likes grease. A lot. Clean it before you use it; the bolt face in mine was completely covered.

2. The leather slings are NICE on these! I threw mine on my PAR-1, and I've never liked the slings I've seen on AK's before.

3. The bipod, while quite serviceable, is definitely a couple notches below a true Romanian RPK's bipod. It's not as convenient to deploy, and it doesn't telescope. That having been said, that's comparing a Civic to a Porsche. The other cheap bipods out there - the clamp-on's and such - are way below this one in quality.

4. The barrel is indeed long, the sights were fine, and the metal finish is excellent. Internals are all nice and shiny. The rivets were VERY well-formed. The serialization was the same electropencil job we've come to expect from PAR-series rifles, but that's minor.

5. The trigger group was nice. I checked it out, and it has a pretty smooth action.

6. The bolt carrier slide action was very slightly rough, and wanted to hang in a couple places when I was manually cycling it. As someone with a fair amount of AK builds under my belt, I'll state with confidence that the bolt WILL smooth itself out after a few hundred rounds. Almost every single build I've dealt with has had some slight roughness in initial break-in, and it's felt exactly like this.

7. The trunion and receiver are standard AK, not RPK. The gun does feel quite solid, though. A POSP side-mounted scope would be a perfect companion for this rifle.

8. The wood is VERY well formed, without splinters or other roughness. However, it hasn't been varnished/lacquered, which means you can do that yourself and get a perfect color match if you're so inclined. In strict wood quality, it's easily comparable to the furniture on my Romanian RPK.

psssniper
12-08-2006, 4:51 PM
I'll be there with my buddy Scott, early am, look for the giant white beard

PIRATE14
12-08-2006, 8:04 PM
CWS will have a POF 308 lower for all to eyeball as well..........:D

Come by and let me know what you think.......

Richard
12-08-2006, 8:07 PM
CWS will have a POF 308 lower for all to eyeball as well..........:D

Come by and let me know what you think.......

How many do you currently have? Is there a waiting list for the ones you have or will be getting?

M24
12-09-2006, 8:12 AM
Can anyone tell me if there's a parking fee? I assume the ticket price to get in in about $12 like the OC show? Anyone confirm that? Thanks in advance.

grammaton76
12-10-2006, 4:37 PM
Can anyone tell me if there's a parking fee? I assume the ticket price to get in in about $12 like the OC show? Anyone confirm that? Thanks in advance.

For future reference, every Del Mar show I've been to it's been $8/day, no in/out privileges (i.e. if you leave, and come back, you pay them again)

Ticket price however is only $9, $8 if you bring the $1 off coupon.

psssniper
12-10-2006, 4:49 PM
and thats $8 even if you're on a motorcycle. :mad: Next time we're sneaking through the side entrance and going thru the concrete pillars, we measured and it'll work.

anotherted
12-10-2006, 5:18 PM
So how was the jerky...

Okami
12-10-2006, 5:52 PM
Those AES-10s' look pretty sweet!

Ok, just bumping this thread as we're about to hit the Del Mar show. :)

I'm not sure what the other dudes will have, but I know Ammobros will be there (not sure if they have the Monsterman grips there or not).

CWS will be there - I'll be at the booth, we've got Morepoop4u's mag lock for sale, as well as HDM 10/30 AK mags (ask about the combo pack), and the Century AES-10's. Also, anyone who needs a G2 trigger... we're selling those for about what you'd pay with S&H coming from MidwayUSA.

I got a chance to fondle my own AES-10 yesterday - and, while I'm going to be selling these things, this IS pretty free from bias. Others are welcome to double check me here.

1. Century likes grease. A lot. Clean it before you use it; the bolt face in mine was completely covered.

2. The leather slings are NICE on these! I threw mine on my PAR-1, and I've never liked the slings I've seen on AK's before.

3. The bipod, while quite serviceable, is definitely a couple notches below a true Romanian RPK's bipod. It's not as convenient to deploy, and it doesn't telescope. That having been said, that's comparing a Civic to a Porsche. The other cheap bipods out there - the clamp-on's and such - are way below this one in quality.

4. The barrel is indeed long, the sights were fine, and the metal finish is excellent. Internals are all nice and shiny. The rivets were VERY well-formed. The serialization was the same electropencil job we've come to expect from PAR-series rifles, but that's minor.

5. The trigger group was nice. I checked it out, and it has a pretty smooth action.

6. The bolt carrier slide action was very slightly rough, and wanted to hang in a couple places when I was manually cycling it. As someone with a fair amount of AK builds under my belt, I'll state with confidence that the bolt WILL smooth itself out after a few hundred rounds. Almost every single build I've dealt with has had some slight roughness in initial break-in, and it's felt exactly like this.

7. The trunion and receiver are standard AK, not RPK. The gun does feel quite solid, though. A POSP side-mounted scope would be a perfect companion for this rifle.

8. The wood is VERY well formed, without splinters or other roughness. However, it hasn't been varnished/lacquered, which means you can do that yourself and get a perfect color match if you're so inclined. In strict wood quality, it's easily comparable to the furniture on my Romanian RPK.