PDA

View Full Version : Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over...

chiefcrash
12-06-2006, 3:01 PM
http://www.housegun.com/

wow. just, wow.....

JPglee1
12-06-2006, 3:04 PM
Ive often thought about the same idea... a modern "blunder buss"

I wonder how well such a device would actually pattern 00 buck?

J

Socal858
12-06-2006, 3:11 PM
i wouldnt trust buying gun parts from a dumb *** company that invented a step-open toilet seat. look through their links

they probably piss all over the bowl anyways.

SemiAutoSam
12-06-2006, 3:38 PM
You like hogue products (grips and such) dont you ?

Hogue also makes a toilet seat did you know that ?
http://www.hogueproducts.com/Ultra/images/photos/seat_open.jpg

http://www.hogueproducts.com/

i wouldnt trust buying gun parts from a dumb *** company that invented a step-open toilet seat. look through their links

M. Sage
12-06-2006, 6:50 PM
http://www.housegun.com/

wow. just, wow.....

At only a 75% loss in muzzle velocity...

"Imagine staring down a huge barrel..."

Umm... ask someone who got robbed at gunpoint how big the barrel of the gun shoved under their nose was. Odds are, they'll hold their hands up to show an impossible caliber. And that's HAND GUNS.

Why intimidate? Just shoot the bastard already and be done with it...

50ae
12-06-2006, 6:57 PM
The House Gun is the loudest shotgun ever made. The barrel acts like a megaphone. The House Gun is a hand held cannon. There is nothing more intimidating.

Because normal shotguns just aren't loud enough:rolleyes:

Spiggy
12-06-2006, 7:53 PM

ERGONOMIC TOILET SEAT COVER!? :eek:

the step toilet seat lifter is actually a brilliant idea. I know a few people that could maybe learn to lift the seat once in a while *grumble*

ivanimal
12-06-2006, 8:01 PM
http://www.housegun.com/images/mini_cannon1024.gif

This is absurd. Can you imagine going out to shoot some trap with one of these.:eek: I would imagine you would be laughed at a little bit.:D

Fjold
12-06-2006, 8:09 PM
Yeah, but a 24" pattern at 10 feet would work well at home.

slick_711
12-06-2006, 8:10 PM
Someone tell the dumbass in that picture to get his finger off the trigger of that contraption.

As someone who has had all manner of weapons pointed at me on multiple ocassions, I can honestly say that that shotgun barrel would be more likely to make me laugh than do anything else.

And 00B already patterns out to cover a man sized torso @ 15 yards out of most 18" shotguns... you spread it out much more than that, you're losing lethal effectiveness, as well as velocity. Why not just throw a handful of airsoft pellets at the intruder and yell boom?

Furthermore, (joking...)
who needs a louder shotgun? The louder the gun the sooner the cops come... what if you need time to drag the body into the house, or at least wipe down one of your old beater guns and stick it in his hand...

Spiggy
12-07-2006, 1:17 AM
Why not just throw a handful of airsoft pellets at the intruder and yell boom?

Dont try this, it doesnt work :D

Rumpled
12-07-2006, 1:22 AM

Gives a whole new meaning to overmolded, eh?

CalNRA
12-07-2006, 1:38 AM
so, can I stuff that full of confetti on top of a blank and use it for the Macy's Parade?

xenophobe
12-07-2006, 1:54 AM
Ideas of the stupid... Well, at least it's a unique product... even though it can't be anything but crap.

I bet the gangsta crowds will love it.

chiefcrash
12-07-2006, 7:39 AM
oh god....

imagine a dragon's breath round through one of those things....

metalhead357
12-07-2006, 7:50 AM
hmmmmmmm, I still think one would be better served with one of those 'barrel squishers'. Anyone remember those? A choke that took the round bore to a rectangular one so that the shot would fan out?

Pokey
12-07-2006, 10:00 AM
hmmmmmmm, I still think one would be better served with one of those 'barrel squishers'. Anyone remember those? A choke that took the round bore to a rectangular one so that the shot would fan out?
I think they were refered to as a 'duck bill" or "duck foot"

Aluisious
12-07-2006, 10:32 AM
Because normal shotguns just aren't loud enough:rolleyes:
Once, a dude shot at me with a shotgun, and I got out from behind cover to yell "What? I can't hear you!"

:p

Aluisious
12-07-2006, 10:35 AM
Anyway...that product solves a problem that doesn't exist. If you can't hit someone across the room with an 18 inch barreled, shoulder mounted weapon, you really need to just place an artillery shell in the middle of the room and set that off for "home defense."

maxicon
12-07-2006, 10:35 AM
You could cut down a rifled slug barrel to HD length and get a similar effect - the rifling tends to spread shot a lot faster.

You still have the basic problem of delivering a certain amount of terminal energy to disable a target. Too much spread and you're more likely to hit with some pellets, but maybe not enough, and the impacts would be spread all around.

The basic rule still holds - it's shot placement that counts.

max

triaged
12-07-2006, 2:54 PM
You could cut down a rifled slug barrel to HD length and get a similar effect - the rifling tends to spread shot a lot faster.If it has a rifled barrel can you cut it down to 16":confused: What is the legal difference between a rifled shotgun shooting slugs and a 44mag lever action shooting snake shot?

Aluisious
12-07-2006, 3:15 PM
If it has a rifled barrel can you cut it down to 16":confused: What is the legal difference between a rifled shotgun shooting slugs and a 44mag lever action shooting snake shot?
Jail time?

M. Sage
12-07-2006, 6:45 PM
Anyway...that product solves a problem that doesn't exist. If you can't hit someone across the room with an 18 inch barreled, shoulder mounted weapon, you really need to just place an artillery shell in the middle of the room and set that off for "home defense."

Lol, no kidding. Hitting a target ten feet away with a long gun is almost too easy.

RE: Duckbills... they were actually pretty effective, but not really meant for indoors use.

I always thought the nice thing about buckshot wasn't that it was "easier" to hit a target... I always thought it was the multiple wounds caused. Put 'em all center mass next to each other (instead of spread all over the place), and serious damage happens.

triaged
12-07-2006, 7:00 PM
Jail time?Note the bold

(c)(1) As used in this section, a "short-barreled shotgun" means any of the following:
(A) A firearm which is designed or redesigned to fire a fixed shotgun shell and having a barrel or barrels of less than 18 inches in length.
(B) A firearm which has an overall length of less than 26 inches and which is designed or redesigned to fire a fixed shotgun shell.
(C) Any weapon made from a shotgun (whether by alteration, modification, or otherwise) if that weapon, as modified, has an overall length of less than 26 inches or a barrel or barrels of less than 18 inches in length.
(D) Any device which may be readily restored to fire a fixed shotgun shell which, when so restored, is a device defined in subparagraphs (A) to (C) inclusive.
(20) As used in this section, a "rifle" means a weapon designed or redesigned, made or remade, and intended to be fired from the shoulder and designed or redesigned and made or remade to use the energy of the explosive in a fixed cartridge to fire only a single projectile through a rifled bore for each single pull of the trigger.
(21) As used in this section, a "shotgun" means a weapon designed or redesigned, made or remade, and intended to be fired from the shoulder and designed or redesigned and made or remade to use the energy of the explosive in a fixed shotgun shell to fire through a smooth bore either a number of projectiles (ball shot) or a single projectile for each pull of the trigger.

So what does this do to snake shot? Is that not a "shot shell"?

kap
12-08-2006, 12:13 AM

Exactly what I was thinking. Especially since he called it the EZPZ.

E. Fudd
12-12-2006, 12:13 PM
Ya think they ripped off the idea from "No Time for Sergeants"?

http://movies.msn.com/movies/movie.aspx?m=71649

Andy Griffith's character as "PLO" (Permanent Latrine Orderly) rigged a whole line of toilet seats that way to "salute" the general inspecting the barracks... :D

As to the Housegun, wonder how many 00 flyers will swisscheese apartment or house walls and pose a threat to neighbors and familly in the area... :eek:

What? No front sight? ;)

Would be great for going after dem wascally wabbits tho'...

Elmer

CWM4A1
12-12-2006, 3:44 PM
I don't know why, but as soon as I see this thing, Wild-E-Coyote, Road-runner, Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck all run acorss my head with a big ACME sign with flashing bulb/neon lights jumping around... I just can't stop laughing....

Rob454
12-12-2006, 3:46 PM
At only a 75% loss in muzzle velocity...

"Imagine staring down a huge barrel..."

Umm... ask someone who got robbed at gunpoint how big the barrel of the gun shoved under their nose was. Odds are, they'll hold their hands up to show an impossible caliber. And that's HAND GUNS.

LOL when I was 16 I used to work at this cowboy store where they sold Wranglers and cowboy boots and western wear. One night it was me and my manager ( girl). so this guy walks in and goes to get some wranglers. Comes up to the counter and puts them down. We exchange hellos and stuff then I tell him the cost and he said thats fine but I need the money in your register. I looked at him and said HUH. he wiggled something BETWEEN the wranglers ( he had two pairs) and I looked down to see the barrel of a gun. To me and my manager it looked liek a freaking howitzer. Anyway he got 130$ and got caught abotu 2 hrs later. the gun ended up being a .22.
When I was in the marines I had this one guy come out of a house and AIM right at me with a AK. as the barrel swung my way the hole got bigger and bigger and bigger in slow motion. .
having a gun pointed at you is NFFAT. ( no f*****g fun at all)

STAGE 2
12-13-2006, 10:46 AM
Yet another answer to a problem that did not exist.

M. Sage
12-13-2006, 7:01 PM
Not from the creators' points of view.

"Problem: Wallet is too thin. Solution: Create a useless POS product that will probably be detrimental to performance in the intended use and market it to people who don't know any better."

dychen
12-13-2006, 7:08 PM
I want one, just for the asshat factor

Socal858
12-13-2006, 7:12 PM
so.

lets start a betting pool on the fudd barrel's first appearance in a rap video

slick_711
12-13-2006, 7:50 PM
I always thought the nice thing about buckshot wasn't that it was "easier" to hit a target... I always thought it was the multiple wounds caused. Put 'em all center mass next to each other (instead of spread all over the place), and serious damage happens.

Indeed! Air in, Blood out. Shot placement is one of the key factors in taking down any target, but putting 3 shots in the same hole like a bullseye shooter does you no extra good. Nor would spreading out your shot pattern to the point you don't put any pellets on the target. Putting 3 shots into a six inch circle on the other hand does 3x the lethal damage... and in the case of 00B thats 9 .32 caliber shots. :eek:

M. Sage
12-13-2006, 8:30 PM
Yep. That's kinda like a decent SMG burst, eh?

jerryg1776
12-13-2006, 9:26 PM

I like my Hogue grips... I told the wife I was going to go get some Hogue toilet seats.. looked like she cringed a little bit, especially when I told her that they might be comfortable enough to sit on for a few hours straight and not cause any cramping!!! I can feel it now.... an ovemolded *** gasket for my crapper. HAHAHHAHAHAHAHA