PDA

View Full Version : Turner's selling Evan's AR's?

Kruzr
12-06-2006, 2:33 PM
Anyone see the new Turner's ad?
http://www.turners.com/engage/ads/12-07-06/bushmaster.gif

caduckgunner
12-06-2006, 2:36 PM
No that is not Even's, it Bushmasters

SemiAutoSam
12-06-2006, 2:38 PM
Sorry but a Carbon 15 isn't a Evans modified AR15 series rifle.

Bushmaster makes it to sell in the PRC.

Its a carbon fiber weapon and the mag well is not welded its just manufactured that way by bushmaster.

TonyNorCal
12-06-2006, 2:38 PM
Why not available in Reseda? Has some local municipality usurped state authority?

EBWhite
12-06-2006, 2:45 PM
reseda is in the city of LA. City of LA has a ban on small handguns and turners does not sell those only at that store. They might not be selling those out of precaution or the city might have its own AWB?

Kruzr
12-06-2006, 3:10 PM
Sorry but a Carbon 15 isn't a Evans modified AR15 series rifle.

Bushmaster makes it to sell in the PRC.

Its a carbon fiber weapon and the mag well is not welded its just manufactured that way by bushmaster.
Haven't seen one, thanks for the info.

As Emily Latilla used to say.............."Never Mind."

:)

cornholio1
12-06-2006, 3:27 PM
So wheres the mag?

grammaton76
12-06-2006, 3:27 PM
Anyone see the new Turner's ad?

Yep... the Carbon 15 is not listed by make or model. :)

blkA4alb
12-06-2006, 3:28 PM
So wheres the mag?
Internal 10 rounder..like the Fab-10s.

SemiAutoSam
12-06-2006, 3:28 PM
WOW that was first season SNL now your showing your age.

Or I suppose you could have seen it in a rerun.

Haven't seen one, thanks for the info.

As Emily Latilla used to say.............."Never Mind."

:)

Pryde
12-06-2006, 3:56 PM
That's about $2000 too cheap to be one of Evan's rifles!
:D :D :D

Kruzr
12-06-2006, 4:02 PM
WOW that was first season SNL now your showing your age.

Or I suppose you could have seen it in a rerun.
I was out of college two years before SNL started. :)

Unfazed
12-06-2006, 4:35 PM
I can verify Kruzr really is that old...::ducks::: :cool:

I was out of college two years before SNL started. :)

volcanic
12-06-2006, 5:41 PM
I thought that was Roseanne Roseannadanna?

Then again I was born 10 years after SNL started.

SemiAutoSam
12-06-2006, 5:52 PM
Same actress but diffiernt character She passed of Ovarian cancer from what I remember Her name was Gilda Radner.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gilda_Radner

I thought that was Roseanne Roseannadanna?

Then again I was born 10 years after SNL started.

2ma2
12-06-2006, 9:40 PM
Saw the ad and was interested in getting one-Anyone own one? How do you like it? Can the magwell be opened up if I relocate to another state? Is this a good barrel in regard to acccuracy?
Thanks

TonyNorCal
12-06-2006, 9:41 PM
Saw the ad and was interested in getting one-Anyone own one? How do you like it? Can the magwell be opened up if I relocate to another state? Is this a good barrel in regard to acccuracy?
Thanks

For $1000 you can build a nicer AR or have a complete one (minus pistol grip shipped).

rod
12-07-2006, 6:28 AM
Thanks

Build your own. The mag well can probably be cut open but I'm not sure. My bro-in-law has one and likes it. I've shot it a couple of times and it's a good shoot'n gun. Bushmaster makes some quality stuff. I say build your own because it's cheaper and you can build it the way you want.

Dave in LB
12-07-2006, 10:30 PM
Thanks

No the magwell can't be altered later. It is a molded magwell as is carbon reinforced polymer. the whole lower is essentially plastic includding the mag. It makes for a very light gun. You can still swap uppers and be legal. Accurracy should be comparable to any other bushmaster.

M1A_KICHI
12-07-2006, 11:03 PM
I got one. I bought it before I bought a spike lower. If you want it go for it but also pick up an aluminum receiver while you're at it too. My buddy bought one and took out the "weld" and fixed a ten round magazine for the looks...plus he didn't want to buy another one. It is a good rifle though. I like mine.

dondo
12-08-2006, 7:07 AM
I was at TURNERS yesterday in Fountain Valley and checked out this rifle. Henry told me that for $40.00 Bushmaster will actually modify the magwell to accept mags if you are moving out of state. The mag release button is there and the spring as well. It feels as if it is totally functioning. Anyway, thats what I have to chime in with.