PDA

View Full Version : Priors

Mr.1904
05-20-2011, 5:10 PM
What do priors consist of?

Is it prior arrests or prior convictions that shows up when a police officer runs your name?

The reason i ask is whenever im pulled over in a specific town they always mob like 8 cars deep and are always very interested in the last time i was arrested. My logic being i was arrested for fighting in that said town when i was 18?

Was just curious.

thanks in advance.

9mmepiphany
05-20-2011, 5:23 PM
When I used to run stuff like that, I used to always run it for all prior arrest and dispositions...as well as warrants

Mr.1904
05-20-2011, 5:33 PM
So it is prior arrests?

ckim34
05-20-2011, 5:38 PM
Depends on what the officer asks dispatch to run. They can just ask for a DL and warrants hit which is standard, or they can add a probation check (at my agency dispatch does not automatically do that for us) on top of that. As well as a RAP and prior contacts.

Mr.1904
05-20-2011, 6:29 PM
k, thanks guys.

The only thing is he had already called the backup before he ran my actual license. Is there a way he could see those while he was initiating the stop? I know it's standard for most police officers to call for back up on routine stops. But there were literally 6-8 cruisers there. It was just odd

Roddd
05-20-2011, 6:55 PM
It's possible he knew who you were. Or he ran your plate, and then your name, assuming you're the registered owner. Is it a bad part of town you were in? Or maybe there were a lot of officers close by. It could be a number of things.

TRICKSTER
05-20-2011, 7:03 PM
Some departments have their own local records also, so they know every contact you had with them. Plus some problem children are so well known that everyone nearby rolls so there won't be a problem.

Falconis
05-20-2011, 8:25 PM
was the arrest for fighting with the police?

Roddd
05-21-2011, 3:21 AM
Do you look like a dirtbag? No offense, I get it all the time. I'm tattooed and get stopped when I'm walking my dog in the city I live in every now and then. I usually let it go on until they find out i'm LE.

Mr.1904
05-21-2011, 10:44 AM
It's possible he knew who you were. Or he ran your plate, and then your name, assuming you're the registered owner. Is it a bad part of town you were in? Or maybe there were a lot of officers close by. It could be a number of things.

I think it's this. Cause it's not necessarily like that when i get pulled over in different parts of town. I dont think i look like a dirtbag? and the part of town i was in was nice, but there are bad parts of the same town. The fighting charge was for fighting in a public place (disturbing the peace). I was never convicted, DA dropped the case. Which was awesome

Mr.1904
05-21-2011, 10:45 AM
Some departments have their own local records also, so they know every contact you had with them. Plus some problem children are so well known that everyone nearby rolls so there won't be a problem.

this also.

Roddd
05-21-2011, 5:07 PM
It's probably just coincidence. What area are you in?

Spyder
05-21-2011, 9:11 PM
Hahaha, sounds like you get pulled over often?