PDA

View Full Version : Ak Receiver Source In Nor-cal

gunrun45
12-06-2006, 12:27 AM
OK, I know somebody most likely already provided this info somewhere here... I can't find it though.
Does anybody know of a good source for AK receivers in norther California. Say along the I-5 coridor between Redding and Sacramento?
Any help would be greatly apreciated. I have an FFL that will sell them but is having a hard time finding someone from our of state to buy them from for resale.
Any info there?
Pardon my NOB question. I've got 2 rommy kits with monsterman grips that need hosts receivers!!

thedrickel
12-06-2006, 12:37 AM
Tell him to order from Nodakspud. And to give you a discount for telling him that.

JHC
12-06-2006, 4:21 AM
Same as what he said, order from Nodak and have them sent to your FFL. They seem to have the best quality and the lowest prices. You need an NDS-3 for a standard Romy build.

http://www.nodakspud.com/page2.htm

Whitesmoke
12-06-2006, 4:59 AM
thanks for the link.....

acegunnr
12-06-2006, 5:08 AM
You can also try DDS Ranch (http://ddsranch.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=546&osCsid=e441a475f3bacc6e8db5a80d43e1398c)they have ITM Arms Co Model MK99 7.62x39 Caliber AK-47 Style Stripped Receiver.

rssslvr
12-06-2006, 8:43 AM
The ITMs are ok but the receiver is made from a thicker gauge of metal and takes a little more work fitting some of the parts like the dust cove and stock.The ITMs also don't have the trunnion holes pre drilled.Go with the NDS-3 your build will be a little easier.

Harbinger
12-06-2006, 8:52 AM
The ITMs are ok but the receiver is made from a thicker gauge of metal and takes a little more work fitting some of the parts like the dust cove and stock.The ITMs also don't have the trunnion holes pre drilled.Go with the NDS-3 your build will be a little easier.

+1

While DDS ranch may be easier to order from (online CC ordering), my Franken-Saiga was a PITA to build on an ITM arms receiver.

- Slightly canted from the factory
- Rails were EXTREMLY tight and required some bending for proper function
- Drilling through hardened steel takes REALLY GOOD BITS.
- Measure twice drill once. I was sure my trunions would be mis-aligned.
- No metal protection. I believe the NDS-3 is blued.

ETA: A 7.62x39 post for POST NUMBER 223? That's blasphemy! :eek:

Mike

rssslvr
12-06-2006, 8:55 AM
+1

While DDS ranch may be easier to order from (online CC ordering), my Franken-Saiga was a PITA to build on an ITM arms receiver.

- Slightly canted from the factory
- Rails were EXTREMLY tight and required some bending for proper function
- Drilling through hardened steel takes REALLY GOOD BITS.
- Measure twice drill once. I was sure my trunions would be mis-aligned.
- No metal protection. I believe the NDS-3 is blued.

ETA: A 7.62x39 post for POST NUMBER 223? That's blasphemy! :eek:

Mike
The NDS is not blued.It is that color because it is completely heat treated.The ITMs are only spot heat treated.And yeah the ITMs I built were a PITA too.

xenophobe
12-06-2006, 9:56 AM
The NDS receivers are the closest to 'factory spec' stamped receivers that you will find.

gunrun45
12-09-2006, 5:56 PM
Thanks for all the cool info guys!!
I'll put in an order through nodak ASAP!!
My FFL has been trying to find someone to sell to him for the past 2 months off and on due to the heavy demand for them.

PLINK
12-09-2006, 8:12 PM
It looks like CWS is now selling NDS receivers through their web site.

http://www.coldwarshooters.net/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=9&zenid=147ef8794f56f5cc7a3d67f5b42cc7a2