PDA

View Full Version : Shooting out of state

Spearodude
12-05-2006, 10:47 PM
Quick questions concerning shooting out of state, Im pretty sure I know the answers to these but just to make sure. Once in a free state I can legally un-pin my mag and shoot my oll the way it was meant to be correct? Also Ca law concerning hi-cap mags is that I cannot import them, but nothing prevents me from purchasing them out of state as long as I store them out of state (thus never entering Ca) correct? Of course I'd re-pin the mag before entering back into Ca. Thanks in advance!

-Spearo

blkA4alb
12-05-2006, 11:03 PM
You are correct on both accounts. Just be careful when you're driving on the freeways that you know where you're going. When you think you're in Nevada you could actually have reentered California.

(I'm assuming you're going to Nevada :D .)

bwiese
12-05-2006, 11:25 PM
Enjoy your freedoms outside CA.

I've got a number of OLL receivers and I'm gonna be legally stashing full ARs (assembled outside CA) in various areas in OR, ID, and NV (Reno + Vegas) and probably AZ.

Hell, why not have an AR + mags whereever you're likely to go outside CA?

Some people may regard this as insane, but f**k 'em.

Spearodude
12-06-2006, 1:26 AM
Enjoy your freedoms outside CA.

I've got a number of OLL receivers and I'm gonna be legally stashing full ARs (assembled outside CA) in various areas in OR, ID, and NV (Reno + Vegas) and probably AZ.

Hell, why not have an AR + mags whereever you're likely to go outside CA?

Some people may regard this as insane, but f**k 'em.

Heh I can't say that I haven't thought about it, but it's easy enough to convert my pinned mag back and forth so I'll just stick with my one rifle. Unless I ever get an Ak, I'd probably just leave it out of state. Ill probably head over to Arizona, the family has property in pheonix and flagstaff. And, for those that dont know, there's now a cabelas store in pheonix.....hmm wonder if they have any Ar mags:D .

Thanks guys!

ts
12-06-2006, 1:47 PM
I heard some people won't sell high cap mags out of sate to people with CA ID's. Don't know why you need an ID to buy a mag though.

SemiAutoSam
12-06-2006, 1:53 PM
This is a no brainer why would they need to see any ID unless you are paying with a credit card.

simple solution PAY WITH CASH. since each state uses the same cash any other does why do they need your ID unless you have a look that screams I'M FROM CALIFORNIA.

I heard some people won't sell high cap mags out of sate to people with CA ID's. Don't know why you need an ID to buy a mag though.

luvtolean
12-06-2006, 1:54 PM
But without my Birkenstocks and Patchoulli oil I am not really me.

saber
12-06-2006, 5:50 PM
I have a FA (Free America) AR and AK that I'm storing at my sister-in-laws house in Reno. Everytime I go up there, I stock up on mags either at the gun stores or the gun shows. I've got quite the collection going now.

E Pluribus Unum
12-06-2006, 6:07 PM
This is a no brainer why would they need to see any ID unless you are paying with a credit card.

simple solution PAY WITH CASH. since each state uses the same cash any other does why do they need your ID unless you have a look that screams I'M FROM CALIFORNIA.

It depends on where one goes. I have a couple friends of mine that used to live here in California. They moved to Las Vegas. Last year I went up to visit them and we all went shooting. We all pitched in for the ammunition with cash and as we were checking out my buddy wanted to buy a magazine for his Glock. They asked for all of our IDs and because my ID was a California ID they would only sell him the 10 rounder.

He advised us that California residents come to Las Vegas and pay people to buy hi capacity magazines for them. We walked out and purchased our ammunition from Walmart.

It is complete lunacy and paranoia. They said they know it is not illegal for a California resident to buy out of state but they do not want to waste time keeping up on what is and what is not legal so they just decide to ask for ID on all transactions and refuse to do business with anyone carrying a California ID.