PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have 1911 work done @Entreprise Arms in Irwindale CA?

1911ZENSHOOTER
05-19-2011, 5:06 PM
Considering sending a Springfield GI out for some parts fitting, front strap checkering and repark, wondering if anyone has any feedback based on their experience with Entreprise Arms.

Had one buddy have an M1A built and another who's Polish UF AK came out very well and super-fast.

Any and all remarks and or PICS are welcomed and appreciated. :)

INJUNTOM
05-19-2011, 5:30 PM
Now that you mention the name, I've always wondered if their name was a typo and they just went with it because it was too late to turn back by the time they realized it. Or is it a real word?

Entreprise
Enterprise

1911ZENSHOOTER
05-19-2011, 5:50 PM
Now that you mention the name, I've always wondered if their name was a typo and they just went with it because it was too late to turn back by the time they realized it. Or is it a real word?

Entreprise
Enterprise

That is Entreprise as in the French language. I am still perplexed about that route, but that is the beauty of being an American, you can call your business whatever you so choose.

Finding almost NO info on 1911 work thus far. (Sad face)

Black_Talon
05-19-2011, 5:56 PM
For 1911 work in the LA area, Jim Hogue in Canoga Park, Will O'Hara in Corona and Alan Tanaka in Gardena would be the only ones on my list.

1911ZENSHOOTER
05-19-2011, 5:58 PM
Perhaps I will shoot for Jim or Tanaka. Heard good things of both. Any contact info on them?

scamp62
05-19-2011, 6:04 PM
Hoag Gun Works
8523 Conoga Ave C

818-998-1510

no web !!!! he is old school !
but he is very good !

INJUNTOM
05-19-2011, 6:14 PM
That is Entreprise as in the French language.

Yeah, the little bit of google searching I did turned up a french vessel named Entreprise... Still wondering if it was just mis-spelled to start with though...

Around here we have a lot of small mexican car lots, and I'm always intrigued by the names.

Example:

Jesse used cars rather than Jesse's used cars. Similar things with other hispanic businesses as well.