PDA

View Full Version : Palmetto won't ship to Sac......

jeffrice6
05-19-2011, 2:11 PM
Went to order ammo through Palmetto & found this:
__________________________________________________ _______________
1. You agree and accept all policies described in our Terms of Use.
2. You are at least 21 years of age (for handgun ammuntion) or 18 years of age (for rifle ammuntion).
3. By purchasing ammunition, you are not violating any local, state, or federal laws.
4. You have not been convicted of any felony, a misdemeanor of domestic abuse, and you are not chemically dependant.
5. You have no legal restraint which would prohibit you from possessing, ordering, owning, or transferring ammunition.
6. You have never been committed to any mental institution, or been adjudicated as mentally defective.
7. You will not sell ammunition to any minor.
8. You do not live in a state, city, or county that prohibits you from owning, purchasing, or transferring ammunition. The following is a list of areas where we will not ship ammunition to. This is not a comprehensive list, but is meant as a guide. It is in no way meant to include all laws and restrictions accross the United States. Please contact the authorities in your area for any possible restrictions. If you do live in a restricted area, your order will be canceled.

California: The cities of Los Angeles, Oakland, Sacramento and San Francisco.
Hawaii: No sales.
Illinois: The city of Chicago. All Illinois residents must fax us a copy of their FOID card in addition to their State ID.
Massachusetts: No sales
Maryland: City of Annapolis and Montgomery County
New York: City of New York, or its five burroughs
Washington DC: No sales.
New Jersey: When ordering ammunition commonly used in a handgun/to be used in a handgun, we need a copy of your Fireams ID.
__________________________________________________ _______________

Its been quite awhile since I've ordered ammo....... But what gives?

Speedpower
05-19-2011, 2:16 PM
They ship ammo to me all the time! I believe it really depends on the policy of the city.

missiontrails
05-19-2011, 2:29 PM
Lol... my giant box arrived today.... I have not seen it yet, but I heard that the box sounded like all the rounds were loose in there......

OutkastSL
05-19-2011, 3:00 PM
i saw that too, good thing I don't live in Oakland anymore.

Crowesnest
05-19-2011, 3:10 PM
I live in Los Angeles and for certain cities like LA, there are local regulations governing sales to those areas.

mlevans66
05-19-2011, 3:49 PM
Oh man that's an epic fail. I did notice that myself when looking to by ammo. Sorry for your loss.

762.DEFENSE
05-19-2011, 4:04 PM
Get on your local legislators, not the vendor. They're only following the law. You could however have it shipped to a buddy outside city limits and pick it up...just saying.

rromeo
05-19-2011, 4:08 PM
There is no law against shipping ammo to the city of Sacramento. Ammunition dealers must get a thumbprint and copy of a DL, but that only applies to face to face sales.

FourLoko
05-19-2011, 4:09 PM
Lol... my giant box arrived today.... I have not seen it yet, but I heard that the box sounded like all the rounds were loose in there......

I got some ammo from Cabelas that arrived today. One box managed to open itself so the box was jingling.

send it_hit
05-19-2011, 4:10 PM
whaaaat? does anyone know why that is? i mean, the law that those cities hold?

jeffrice6
05-21-2011, 10:43 PM
Looks like other online outfits are stating the same........

rromeo
05-22-2011, 5:00 AM
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=98747&d=1305871285

NorCalNative
05-22-2011, 6:38 AM
Does anyone know the specific code/ordanace for this restriction?

bodger
05-22-2011, 9:10 AM
There is no law against shipping ammo to the city of Sacramento. Ammunition dealers must get a thumbprint and copy of a DL, but that only applies to face to face sales.

EXACTLY! And it is the same with the ordinance adopted by the Los Angeles City Council.
Some vendors, such as Midway and obviously now Plametto, have decided to interpret the law so as to include their internet sales, which as I understand and have been told by an attorney, is not something they have to do. In the case of Los Angeles' ordinance, it is unenforceable against any entity other than a seller within the city limits.

Cabela's knows this, and will ship ammo to Los Angeles city zip codes without hesitation, as will many other vendors.

These sellers that cave in to the whims of the City of LA do not get my business on anything. It's their choice as to whether or not to ship ammo to LA, but as far as I'm concerned, they are placating the antis and giving them power they don't have.

This kind of thing is Kevin DeLeon's wet dream. A city council enacts laws that don't apply to internet sales or out of state vendors, but the vendors quiver and hide anyway and refuse to ship when it's LEGAL for them to do it.

TNP'R
05-22-2011, 9:13 AM
I never ordered from them but I've ordered from other places and they've sent me ammo, I live in Sacramento county.

bodger
05-22-2011, 9:54 AM
Does anyone know the specific code/ordanace for this restriction?

Here's some info on Sacramento's 5.66.010:
http://sacramento.granicus.com/MetaViewer.php?view_id=25&clip_id=1307&meta_id=112348

And a related post on CalGuns from a few years back:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=876422&postcount=16

And here's a news story where McCarty pats himself on the back for the success of the Sac ordinance. Hold your nose.

http://www.cityofsacramento.org/council/policies/files5125/One%20Year%20On,%20City%20Calls%20Ammo%20Ordinance %20A%20Success%20-%20CBS%2013%20-%208.11.08.pdf