PDA

View Full Version : MP5 Clone.

Fantomas
05-19-2011, 9:50 AM
Quaestio.1.- if mp5 clone are picky with ammo the real hk pm5 is picky with ammo too.
2.-where I can get 10/10 round magazine. for MP5clone?

redcliff
05-19-2011, 9:57 AM
Quaestio.1.- if mp5 clone are picky with ammo the real hk pm5 is picky with ammo too.

1. No evidence to support your conclusion. Few clones are built anywhere near as well as an HK factory built HK94/Mp5.

2. I've not seen any 10/10 magazines. You can obtain 15 round rebuild kits and block them yourselves to 10/15.

tomd1584
05-19-2011, 10:11 AM
#1 doesn't really sound like a question, but rather an unsupported claim.

xfilterx
05-19-2011, 10:18 AM
1.- if mp5 clone are picky with ammo the real hk pm5 is picky with ammo too.

There are several MP5 clones on the market. If you are referring to a Special Weapons/Coharie/Bobcat Weapons clone then there might be other issues with the weapon than just simply ammo. Coharie's specifically are infamous for shipping with weak extractor springs, ejector lever springs, odd tolerances/gaps, etc. If you do have a Coharie, replace the extractor and extractor spring with factory HK parts immediately. I would also replace the ejector lever and the ejector spring. Additionally I would check bolt gap and adjust rollers if necessary. If you pick up a clone from a major builder like Mike Otte, Jayson Cotter, Chopstix, Jeff Walters, Mike Turner, etc., the gun should run superbly. They either build their guns from real MP5 PD turn-ins or use parts from RCM which are known to be higher quality than SW junk. I have MP5 pistols from Mike Otte, Jayson Cotter, and Jeff Walters....all built from factory MP5 kits, and they all run flawlessly with various types of ammo. Additionally, depending on the ammo used, you may have to swap out your locking piece AND a common mistake I've see are people running standard 100 degree locking pieces in a MP5K build where a 110 degree locking piece (Number 16) should be used instead.

If the MP5 was unreliable it would not have survived as long as it has. It is hands down one of the most widely used and infamous SMG's in history.

Coharie built some 10 rounds mags during the ban but those mags are pretty rare and don't come up very often. Instead, you could buy German 30 round mags or Korean contract ATI 30 round mags for around $10 and then go buy mag blocks from LSC manufacturing for $15 each. These work well.

for2nato
05-19-2011, 1:22 PM
mp5 is hands down probably the best sub-machinegun on the planet. there is a reason almost all srt's use them. or at least have some in the armory. hk has built a reputation on finely crafted firearms with high attention to detail when qc is concerned. if the clone companies had the same standards they would be building their own guns. but that being said. usually a few original parts swaps and a little effort can bring a clone into a very reliable gun.

11C ABN
05-19-2011, 10:45 PM
10 round magazines have been custom built but very $spend'y$ get a 15 round with a block check the vendors section.

Some MP5 clone builds did have issues with hollow points and silencers, this issue can be corrected, do a search on HKPRO.com on how to overcome this issue. As mentioned before if your weapon was built by the reputable H&K smiths this should not be an issue.

TurboChrisB
05-19-2011, 11:04 PM
As the others said....10 round mags for Mp5's are pretty much unavailable....take a 30 or another and mod it. As far as ammo...once sorted...they'll eat anything. At least mine does.