View Full Version : Advantage Arms .22 Conversion Recoil

05-19-2011, 7:45 AM
Have a Glock 17 and wondered what the difference was in recoil between a .22 conversion and the regular 9mm. Just curious.

05-19-2011, 8:14 AM
Alot of a difference...

05-19-2011, 9:26 AM
The main difference in recoil will be felt at the cash register when buying ammo.

I regularly get through 350-500 rounds per session at the range now, with a .45 with .22LR conversion, and a bolt action .22 I'm learning to rapid fire on.

Cost, about $17

To answer your question though, I don't notice any recoil at all with the squirrel rounds.

05-20-2011, 8:49 AM
What recoil :) Its really gentle. This conversion is one of my favorite things. Cheap to use and plenty accurate enough for me.

05-20-2011, 8:59 AM
it turns the glock 17 into a little dangerous toy gun. i say this because the frame is plastic, the slide is aluminum, it feels as light as a toy, and barely recoils. its a blast to shoot, buy one, you'll never look back once its broken in

05-20-2011, 9:39 AM
I just ordered a kit for my 17 from CMC Government Services.

If it's similar to the Kimber conversion kit for my 1911, then it has enough recoil that you can still practice tracking the front sight between shots. Also, you really have to grip the gun firmly--just a little limp-wristing will absorb what little recoil the 22LR provides to work the slide, and it will fail to pick up the next round.

05-21-2011, 11:18 AM
Now...here is a mystery question: Can anybody tell me what causes the FTF on these kits?...I have a brand new 17/22 AA kit and a stock Glock 17 without any modification or aftermarket parts (trigger bar or connector). Everytime I use the kit, one or two round, out of each full magazine, fail to fire. So far it's happening with CCI mini-mags round nose, RGB and Winchester but, the most interesting part is that when I eject/remove and re-load the same cartridge in a Ruger MKIII they fires right away at the first strike. Looks like the firing pin spring of the AA kit is not strong enought to make the firing pin hit the rim of the casing hard enought to make it ignite. Any comments, suggestion?...
I asked the same question to Advantage Arms representatives and they can not provide me with any answer, they are as confused as I am right now, they just told me to lubricate the kit, use MiniMags round nose and not to allow any portion of my hand to touch the slide while shooting. OOOK!...I'm sure we're all familiar with that information already...:popcorn:

05-21-2011, 9:15 PM
Anything that will help pinch the rim between the barrel and FP will help. New or stronger FP spring and reducing the face of the FP if it is rectangular to increase the pounds per square inch force on the rim. New spring would be my first attempt. Maybe stronger recoil spring to better seat the cartridge rim against the barrel face and keep the face clean. Some thoughts.