PDA

View Full Version : Rainier Custom Upper Vs. BCM

usctrojan
05-19-2011, 8:01 AM
Would you get a Rainier Custom or a BCM upper? I am looking at the combat style uppers and trying to decide what to get and interested in why somebody would get one over the other.

mlevans66
05-19-2011, 8:08 AM
Depends on what you're looking for, price and availablity. I have had a couple of BCM upper and they are all pretty nice for the price.

usctrojan
05-19-2011, 8:36 AM
Looking for a good range gun, accurate, reliable. Overall length is going to be legal minimum. I am putting in a two stage trigger. A combat style weapon that will drive a nail when properly used.

dieselpower
05-19-2011, 8:41 AM
Looking for a good range gun, accurate, reliable. Overall length is going to be legal minimum. I am putting in a two stage trigger. A combat style weapon that will drive a nail when properly used.

most AR15 uppers are like that out of the box.

whats the deal with people thinking they need a 2 stage trigger for a GP carbine?

I am looking for a general purpose truck to get around town, haul some stuff if needed.... and then put a full roll cage with a 4 spare tire carrier in the bed.

romadant
05-19-2011, 8:42 AM
I'd say either one is fine, but it's hard to catch BCM stuff when it's in stock sometimes.

I've been VERY happy in all of my dealings with Rainier. Their CS is top notch and everything I've purchased has been perfect so far. If they have what you're looking for and it's the right price I'd go with them - I bet the end product will be great.

esskay
05-19-2011, 8:45 AM
Don't think you could go wrong either way... Unless one is a better value than the other -- whichever has the exact configuration you want in stock when you're ready to buy should be GTG.

missiontrails
05-19-2011, 8:51 AM
most AR15 uppers are like that out of the box.

whats the deal with people thinking they need a 2 stage trigger for a GP carbine?

I am looking for a general purpose truck to get around town, haul some stuff if needed.... and then put a full roll cage with a 4 spare tire carrier in the bed.

I can't stand 2 stage triggers on GP carbines. Single stage with a clean 6lb pull is more like it.

usctrojan
05-19-2011, 8:56 AM
I can't stand 2 stage triggers on GP carbines. Single stage with a clean 6lb pull is more like it.

Am I experiencing more money than brains? I just want a great trigger and I was told the Geissele SSA-E was the one. Could you recommend a single stage that is awesome?

dieselpower
05-19-2011, 9:02 AM
Am I experiencing more money than brains? I just want a great trigger and I was told the Geissele SSA-E was the one. Could you recommend a single stage that is awesome?

the trigger that comes in the lower parts kit after it has been pulled 1000 times.

missiontrails
05-19-2011, 9:13 AM

LWRC enhanced trigger.... $110 for the entire lower parts kit including the trigger, or $95 for trigger parts only.... you buy it from their website. Same trigger that they use on their $3000 rifles. I love the feel.

OutkastSL
05-19-2011, 10:27 AM
someone in the marketplace is selling a 16" BCM middy for i think $350-360 without BCG/CH.

esskay
05-19-2011, 11:43 PM

Geissele SSA-E is a great trigger... but triggers tend to be a pretty personal preference. Best would be for you to try some out to see for yourself. Some people like two stage, some like one stage. Also, what is suitable depends on your intended application -- e.g. you might run a 2.5 lb trigger on a competition gun but not in a defensive gun.