PDA

View Full Version : What kind of taper pins for A2 Front Sight Post?

mrvash
05-19-2011, 1:15 AM
Long story short, I've tried to use DPMS taper pins ordered from Brownells (http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=17625/Product/Sight_Taper_Pin__Front) for my FSP, they didn't fit it seems as if the diameter of the DPMS taper pins may be too big for the FSP holes. Also, when I tried to get them to fit the pins began to go in at an angle rather than go straight in. Are there two types of taper pins? if so, where can I order a set of taper pins that are different than the DPMS model? I've tried Bravo Company Usa, but they are out of stock. Thanks guys!

By the way, this is the front sight post I'm talking about: http://cmmginc.secure-mall.com/item/CMMG-F-Marked-Match-Triangle-Front-Sight-Base-32

gsrious
05-19-2011, 1:21 AM
If you want to give up on this, then that your choice. I highly think its the best choice aswell, as you did say you are in a bit of an ordeal with life's other challenges.

That is for the time only. When you do decide you want to come back, at least then it'll give you much more of a purpose.

Full Clip
05-19-2011, 1:43 AM
I feel your frustration.
Please, let me help.
Just send all those random AR parts to me for proper disposal.

Capita159
05-19-2011, 1:57 AM
I understand your frustration. As gsrious mention, life is full of challenges. And timing has a lot to do with it. I once love the game of golf. But after breaking my 4 iron, loosing all those $5. golf balls to the lakes and tress, marking a score no lower than 100 on the greens, etc... I threw the clubs away and never look back. You shouldn't let things like that bother you.

mrvash
05-19-2011, 2:02 AM
I understand your frustration. As gsrious mention, life is full of challenges. And timing has a lot to do with it. I once love the game of golf. But after breaking my 4 iron, loosing all those $5. golf balls to the lakes and tress, marking a score no lower than 100 on the greens, etc... I threw the clubs away and never look back. You shouldn't let things like that bother you.

Very true.

Thanks guys, this hobby among others are the only ones that keeping me sane, it seems like me losing my taper pins just sparked off a whole lot of anguish that I had bottled up inside and finally let it all out in a frustrated rage.

So I calmed down a little and have thought about using roll pins to install my front sight post with, are these secure enough to keep the front sight in place and to keep it from shifting losing zero?

llamatrnr
05-19-2011, 2:06 AM
Just come visit me; good horses, good chickens, good private land shooting. Get right, you're young. Tell me what I can do for you and your generation. Hey, I did my time for you and my grandkids, why not take advantage of the offering... I meant it

lwbyo1
05-19-2011, 3:31 AM
If you half @$$ it, you're just going to get even more frustrated and pissed off if it doesn't work or gets messed up. Just order another set from Brownell's. I just checked and it's $8.43 with the USPS First Class shipping option.

We've all been there at one time or another. Go get a good nights sleep and you'll feel better in the morning.

missiontrails
05-19-2011, 7:34 AM
Those taper pins are solid, stronger, not hollow like roll pins. Or, get a ARMS #41BL folding front sight post.. it clamps.

chuck762
05-19-2011, 9:55 AM
Roll pins wont work if the barrel and sight are drilled for taper pins. How is a straight pin going to fill up the larger tapered portion?
The front sight will move around and possibly cause functioning issues along with the sights being off.

mrvash
05-19-2011, 10:12 AM
Awesome, I've found my taper pins! for some reason they were in the garage in one of my shirt pockets.

missiontrails
05-19-2011, 10:29 AM
Awesome, I've found my taper pins! for some reason they were in the garage in one of my shirt pockets.

Thats almost as bad as when I found my iPhone one day later in the outside curbside garbage can.

mrvash
05-21-2011, 4:39 PM
Bump for help :(

lwbyo1
05-22-2011, 1:59 AM
It doesn't look like it uses taper pins, it has set screws.