PDA

View Full Version : My new AR-15, and my SKS (for sale)

JPglee1
12-05-2006, 1:19 PM
http://i11.tinypic.com/4bzldmo.jpg
Here's my new LAR-15. I traded my FAL for it 11 days ago. Pretty slick eh?

Its got a Prince-50 mag lock kit in it and a Bushie 10/20, so don't have a heart attack haha Im trying to find someone willing to trade the upper straight across for an XM177-style upper. I prefer those over the 16" upper. This one appears to be LMT (keyhole forge mark).

I'm sellin the SKS. I'm asking $250.00 or trade for .223 ammo, a new AR-15 lower and various AR-15 accessories. Lemme know what you got and I'm sure we can work out a trade. I'd be down for an AR-15 lower and $100.00 cash.

I'm also selling/trading the 20" upper. Make me an offer.

Sock not included :cool: hahaha

JP

slowjonn
12-05-2006, 2:19 PM
How much for the grey sock?:D

Seriously, what make is the SKS?

JPglee1
12-05-2006, 2:28 PM
Seriously, what make is the SKS?

The SKS is an M59/66, er well, it was :cool: :D

ITs got a 16" barrel, thinned wrist @ stock, custom ventilated upper handguard (can't buy one this sturdy) no night sights, no bayo lug, no grenade launcher (obviously)

It runs good on quality ammo. Last year when the WOLF 762x39 was actually worth a crap, it would run flawless, 100%. Now the WOLF is so under-loaded (2200FPS out of my SKS, should be closer to 2400) it sometimes won't blow the bolt carrier allll the way back.

Now, if you run commercial ammo, or brown bear, or anything BESIDES the WOLF the gun still runs 100%.

I'm selling it cuz I'm switching over to .223 in anticipation of the end of the world :D

JP

metalhead357
12-05-2006, 7:31 PM
Gimmie the low-down on the 20" upper; how many rounds, etc.......

caduckgunner
12-05-2006, 7:33 PM
\ Now the WOLF is so under-loaded (2200FPS out of my SKS, should be closer to 2400) it sometimes won't blow the bolt carrier allll the way back.

JP

Replace your gas valve (Where the grenade launcher button is), I've had to do that on both my yugo's. What twist rate is the 20"? Chromed lined barrel? Let me know I'm local.

five.five-six
12-07-2006, 12:45 PM
yep I am interested in the upper if it is right I will take it

JPglee1
12-07-2006, 12:53 PM
I dont know anything about the upper. It looks to me to have under 1000rds thru it based on wear marks. It has a couple storage dings in it. Nothing that can't be worked around.

It has no bolt/carrier or charge handle.

Ask me what you want so I can help you ID it.

I put the handguards on it a couple weeks ago. Something is wrong with the delta ring it doesn't have spring pressure on it (like that when I got it)

It appears to be chrome lined chamber and bore.

The barrel says "FNMI MP Chrome Bore"

the front sight says "5 R" and has a symbol I can't make out.

It fits my LAR lower just fine. My LMT upper and my XM upper's carriers both fit and close on a live round when put into the 20" upper.

The locking lug "bump" on the left side of the receiver has a vertical line forged or cast into it, about 1/32" wide and 3/8" tall.

No muzzle device is included.

If you really want it, make me an offer. I have a rough idea what its worth. I'd rather trade for gun related stuff than for cash.

Send me a PM. Methalhead357 gets dibs cuz he responded first, if he wants it.

CHEERS.

J

JPglee1
12-07-2006, 12:53 PM
Replace your gas valve (Where the grenade launcher button is), I've had to do that on both my yugo's. What twist rate is the 20"? Chromed lined barrel? Let me know I'm local.

I already did that, it has a new CNC machined gas valve.

Its not the gun, its the WOLF ammo. My friends reloads run it just fine as do commercial loads.

JP