PDA

View Full Version : The "Noob A2" build has begun

Aluisious
12-05-2006, 9:36 AM
I've finished ordering all the parts I'll need for what I am calling the "Noob A2" build.

High Standard HSA-15 OLL
Prince50 kit
Bushmaster mag
Extended takedown pin
5.56mm NATO 20 inch 1:9 twist Chrome Moly bbl w/ A2 upper and flash hider kit from M&A Parts

All together this is running me just under 1k with shipping and taxes included. Yes, I could have done this better had I planned it, but not too bad in the end. I hope to get a nice A2-style AR out of the deal. I'll post pictures once things arrive and everything is assembled.

Can't wait to get my hands on some NATO ammo and have fun :D Hopefully I'm not committing any felonies along the line, either :p

xrMike
12-05-2006, 9:49 AM
Lower parts kit?

If you can $$$ it, go for Rock River Arms kit from 10% with the 2-stage trigger. My buddies have standard triggers, and they really suck compared to mine. (they even say so themselves).

Aluisious
12-05-2006, 10:02 AM
Bit late now :) The kit I had included a lower parts kit...it's a "everything but the stripped lower" kit. I consider this build to be the "cheap learners build." Shooting this thing will give me more experience I can use to build something better one day in the future, and since it didn't cost me much I could probably get rid of the parts without a big loss. This isn't only my first AR, it's my first rifle, so I have much to learn.

That's why I didn't go for fancy stocks, rails, flat top uppers with optics, etc etc. Just enough stuff to get bullets moving.

xrMike
12-05-2006, 10:13 AM
Cool! You're right -- getting in the game is what matters most of all. :D

12-06-2006, 6:44 PM
Congrats my friend!