PDA

View Full Version : AK Doubling

alpalwal
05-18-2011, 8:28 PM
I was at the range a couple days ago and there was a guy a couple lanes down from me shooting his new AK.

It looked like everything was going well for him and his buddy but then I hear two shots go off right after each other. I was talking with them later about it and apparently it fired when they pulled the trigger, and then again when the trigger was released.

I had an issue like this once with my AR and it was because the trigger pin was backing out and I guess the disconnector wasn't working properly. We took a look inside of his rifle and everything seemed to be working well. How do problems like this happen in AKs?

69Mach1
05-18-2011, 8:34 PM
No disconnector spring. Operator error.

EBR Works
05-18-2011, 8:36 PM
Might be a light trigger induced bump fire. My Vector does this if not pulled tightly to the shoulder. Surprised me the first time it happened for sure!

luckystrike
05-18-2011, 8:59 PM
No disconnector spring. Operator error.

NOT operator error. manufacture error.

alpalwal
05-18-2011, 9:08 PM
So you think it was probably just an accidental bump-fire?

EBR Works
05-18-2011, 9:18 PM
If it was as they described with one round firing with the trigger pull and another when the trigger was released, then they have a mechanical issue and it needs to be repaired ASAP.

If they aren't sure what actually happened, it may have been an unintentional bump fire.

Better to have the trigger checked out/do a function test to be absolutely certain.

alpalwal
05-18-2011, 9:20 PM
If it was as they described with one round firing with the trigger pull and another when the trigger was released, then they have a mechanical issue and it needs to be repaired ASAP.

I agree. I just met the guy there so I don't know how the story ended but now I'm just curious because I don't know what it could have been and I don't know AKs very well.

tujungatoes
05-18-2011, 10:11 PM
I'd be willing to bet no disco spring.

NOT operator error. manufacture error.

Lucky, that was 2 separate theory's. no dico spring, or operator error. Either one quite likely.

alpalwal
05-18-2011, 10:26 PM
When we took a look at it I saw that the disconnector was in place and springing. Maybe the spring was bad and didn't have enough tension?

tujungatoes
05-18-2011, 10:49 PM
In that case I'd say operator error, or(less likely but entirely possible) the disconnector is off angle or not pivoting far enough forward and allowing the hammer to slip past the trigger hook(s) when it transfers from the disco.

alpalwal
05-18-2011, 10:52 PM
Hmm. Interesting.

Thanks for the info!

DesertGunner
05-19-2011, 12:01 AM
Cosmolime stickying up the firing pin.

MrPlink
05-19-2011, 12:40 AM
Might be a light trigger induced bump fire.!

not hard to do with a tapco trigger, Ive accidentally done it once or twice with my WASR.

DesertGunner
05-19-2011, 2:53 AM
How has this thread made it so far without somebody ignorantly mentioning how "that one guy" got prosecuted when his rifle doubled?

blazeaglory
05-19-2011, 6:52 AM
In that case I'd say operator error, or(less likely but entirely possible) the disconnector is off angle or not pivoting far enough forward and allowing the hammer to slip past the trigger hook(s) when it transfers from the disco.

thats what i was thinking. maybe it is deformed or a defect hammer/hook from the factory..or a light trigger if it has one?

they say that %5 of grenades are defective and %2 will go off without notice..so i guess the same thing could happen with stamped/milled steel also. the defective ratio i mean