PDA

View Full Version : Shoul I buy a Sig Mosquito - 22LR

santamonica9
05-18-2011, 6:59 PM
should I buy a sig mosquito 22lr pistol? brand new 350 plus dros&fees? I want a economical practice pistol and im leaning toward this one. any thoughts? thank you

eville
05-18-2011, 7:07 PM
I picked up our reverse two tone for $330 + tax, fees, etc.

It is a little finicky. It likes mini-mags. When it's dirty, it's a little temperamental.
the trigger is crap. the magazine disconnect fell apart during a range visit and caused the gun to stop working.

My wife loves it, but I'm a little disappointed in it.

cmoore
05-18-2011, 9:20 PM
I've shot one that belongs to a friend. It's not going to eat all ammo, and I'm also not a fan of the trigger.

My Ruger MKII bull barrel eats anything I feed it, and the trigger/reset is really nice too. I'd shoot both side x side before you drop any coin...

Good luck...

Izzy43
05-19-2011, 6:06 AM
No.

Nator51
05-19-2011, 6:18 AM
It's an 'ok' gun. Like others said, it's finicky. I've polished the ramp and have approx 700rnds and it's pretty consistent shooter with no FTF's till about 200rds, then it NEEDs to be cleaned. If you have other 22 pistols and you want to add to your 22LR collection (like me) and can get a great deal, go for it. I got a great deal on a reverse two-tone and couldn't pass it. However, My best trust-worthy 22 pistol is the Ruger MkIII 22/45.

Rob_G
05-19-2011, 8:00 AM
If your buying it for an economical trainer for your other SA/DA Sigs. Then I would recommend It. Like everyone says Trigger sucks and it is ammo finicky.

If you just want a 22 pistol for plinking or targets there are better choices.

I've got about 4K rounds through mine and like it for what it is. Starting to look for a second 22 for what its not.

Jaiofspam
05-19-2011, 8:12 AM
pass!!! its a jamomatic... a ruger mkIII, browning buckmark or a .22lr conversion for your 1911 if you have one are far better options.

MrExel17
05-19-2011, 9:00 AM
I had one and traded it in for a Glock+cash, like other member mentioned the performance is ok and agree. Get a Ruger better for the money and meets your criteria's.

M-14
05-21-2011, 5:26 PM
I got mine new off of Gunbroker for $285 shippped. I must have been lucky, because I've had maybe a half dozen FTF's in probably close to 3000 rounds, and than only when its getting gummed up from shooting all day. It shoots everything from junk Winchester to CCI Stingers with the same result, "bang"

If I do my part it, I can put 95% of the shots in a 5" shoot-n-see at 15yds, but it opens up considerably at 25. My old Ruger Mk I will definitely out shoot it, but for its intended purpose, the Sig is a great training pistol. The trigger isn't the best, especially in DA, but it's not as bad as some make it out to be either. If you shoot Sigs get it.

santamonica9
05-22-2011, 2:08 AM
If your buying it for an economical trainer for your other SA/DA Sigs. Then I would recommend It. Like everyone says Trigger sucks and it is ammo finicky.

If you just want a 22 pistol for plinking or targets there are better choices.

I've got about 4K rounds through mine and like it for what it is. Starting to look for a second 22 for what its not.

so far this one pushes me towards the Ruger MkIII's, its trigger control I want to get practice on. later down the orad I can do the 22 conversions on a 45....sounds pretty tempting

joelukehart
05-22-2011, 2:08 AM
No, get a Walther P22 or Ruger MK I,II,or III. My P22 and MK III digest any ammo I chamber.