PDA

View Full Version : Want to make a present for my wife

wenter
05-18-2011, 4:43 PM
Couple weeks ago I took my wife to range to shoot my first-bough handgun (Ruger P95). On the range not far from us was a guy with AR-15 type rifle. She wanted to shoot it and I offered her to ask owner to shoot couple rounds. She did not agree :)

One gentleman on the range offered us to try his Mosin type rifle and she liked it more than my pistol :(

Now I want to make a present for her and want to find AR-15 rifle to rent from someone or join on the range with my ammo to let her shoot it.

I am in Santa Barbara, so if there is anyone in the area that can help me with this idea I would really appreciate it.

wenter
05-19-2011, 6:20 PM
btt

762.DEFENSE
05-19-2011, 6:48 PM
Most ranges sadly don't keep AR's on hand for rental use. (At least not in Orange County) My suggestion to you would be to find a local Calguns Chapter near you and message a few members who have BRD (Black Rifle Disease) and see if they'd be down to squeeze off a few rounds with you. Or... you could do what most Calgunners will tell you to do, and just suck it up and build/buy an AR.

Even if you or your wife doesn't like the gun, you can easily sell it in the market place for what you paid for in the first place. You could easily build an AR for around $600-700 out the door (cheaper if you buy used from the Market Place.)

Good luck! If you were in Orange County I'd let you try out some of my builds. :thumbsup:

wenter
05-19-2011, 6:55 PM
I am not trying to find a range that rents them :) I am trying to find a local CalGunner to joing on the range and let my wife fire some rounds through :))

I wish you are closer too :)

mif_slim
05-19-2011, 7:26 PM
Ssssuuuuurrrrrrreeeee.... I've used that excuse before to buy a AR for "her". ;)

Sorry but Im on my phone and I don't see your location... I can offer too if your close Fresno/sac.

novabrian
05-19-2011, 7:44 PM
Just put together one of these for her! My wife loves hers.98725

wenter
05-19-2011, 8:38 PM
I wish that I have extra 600-800 around to build one or to buy used :)

Looks like my best bet would be to buy couple boxes of different caliber ammo and go to range with hope that there will be someone with AR :)

What are most common calibers for AR? .223 or .308 ?

FatalKitty
05-19-2011, 8:56 PM
Where are you located?

JaeFern
05-19-2011, 9:12 PM
He's in Santa Barbara. I wish I was closer so I could help. My range actually does have an AR for rent. Why not take her for a trip to San Diego, and during the weekend let one of us meet you at the range with an AR in hand to add to the weekend. I'm always down to let others try out my guns if they're looking to buy one.

wenter
05-19-2011, 9:31 PM
thank you guys :) I will keep this option in mind. I am planning on going to Ventura on Saturday to get some ammo for my handgun from Walmart. Will get box of each .223 and .308 and will keep them in my range bag for just in case :D

motorwerks
05-19-2011, 10:01 PM
If you guys ever make up to Sacramento PM me I'm always looking for a reason to go to the range and give someone else the BRD.

wenter
05-19-2011, 10:11 PM
Thank you all for support. I still wish someone from my area with AR will see this post :)

morfeeis
05-19-2011, 10:26 PM
wenter if you want to make the drive down my way i'd be happy to let you guys run my AR, besides it'd give me a chance to meet up with an old friend......

that would help alot as my wife still hasn't shot my AR so if your wife shot the AR mine would be more open to it....

ckprax
05-20-2011, 8:25 AM
Wenter - I am in Goleta but unfortunately I do not have an AR otherwise I would let you shoot it. If you like rimfire or revolvers I have a couple you could try.

If I were you I would go to the glass factory on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon and politely ask one of the many people with AR's if you can try theirs.

There is also going to be a Calguns range clean up at the glass factory sometime in June, that would be a good time to meet some of the local calgunners (presumably with an AR or two).

wenter
05-20-2011, 10:52 AM
@ckprax

Good to feel that I am not alone from SB/Goleta here :d

Thanks for the offer on your guns - will keep that in mind :)

I also plan on grabbing couple boxes of ammo for AR from Walmart and will plan to go Glass factory on 28th.

When we were on the range last time my wife wanted to shoot AR, but she did not agree that I will go ask someone to shoot theirs. When I will have own ammo - there will be no excuse for her :)