PDA

View Full Version : First Lower Color-Fill Job

762.DEFENSE
05-18-2011, 2:52 PM
Picked up a few PSA Lowers from a Calguns Group Buy a few weeks ago, and decided to do a D.I.Y. color fill on one.

I just used white nail polish I picked up at Target, along with nail polish remover. I was amazed how easy this was to do. :D

http://img808.imageshack.us/img808/2710/imag0368.jpg

Then I figured I'd hit up my CMMG 22 Lower.

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/9355/imag0369m.jpg

tomd1584
05-18-2011, 2:58 PM
Nail Polish belongs on nails. Maybe its just me, but i don't get the whole 'color fill' thing.

furfam4
05-18-2011, 3:02 PM
Nail Polish belongs on nails. Maybe its just me, but i don't get the whole 'color fill' thing.

Whatever looks good.

tomd1584
05-18-2011, 3:14 PM
Whatever looks good.

Ahh yes, looks. I forgot. :cool2:

Droppin Deuces
05-18-2011, 3:16 PM
To each their own. Not a fan of the color fill thing on guns, BUT since you're doing it, I might as well give some advice. Clean that sucker up with some acetone, homz. Should have done that before it dried because you might have to use some elbow grease now.
I used to repair/restore golf clubs for a living, and to do this exact job we would just spray enamel on with an airbrush then wipe it clean with a chem towel dipped in acetone.

762.DEFENSE
05-18-2011, 3:23 PM
To each their own. Not a fan of the color fill thing on guns, BUT since you're doing it, I might as well give some advice. Clean that sucker up with some acetone, homz. Should have done that before it dried because you might have to use some elbow grease now.
I used to repair/restore golf clubs for a living, and to do this exact job we would just spray enamel on with an airbrush then wipe it clean with a chem towel dipped in acetone.

That's not the final product, I cleaned it all up. Just thought Id share.

762.DEFENSE
05-18-2011, 3:24 PM

It's all good, I figured I'd give it a try and see how it turned out.

EDIT: The lower and DROS came out to $80 out the door, no biggie.

Sgt. Slaughter
05-18-2011, 3:27 PM
Ahh yes, looks. I forgot. :cool2:

Wouldn't do it myself, but wouldn't blast on someone who did. If that's what you like great! BtW, why would you even look at the thread anyways, it's title is clearly marked.

tomd1584
05-18-2011, 3:32 PM
Wouldn't do it myself, but wouldn't blast on someone who did. If that's what you like great! BtW, why would you even look at the thread anyways, it's title is clearly marked.

Because i'm tired of looking at blueprints all day and decided to read every single thread on calguns.net

762.DEFENSE
05-18-2011, 3:34 PM
Now ladies...ladies...you're both beautiful; we don't have to fight over my simple color-fill thread ;)

Sgt. Slaughter
05-18-2011, 3:35 PM
Because i'm tired of looking at blueprints all day and decided to read every single thread on calguns.net

Cool! Now do like I do, go outside the job trailor, grab an apprentice and rip his a*s. You'll feel much better I swear.

jdouglas
05-18-2011, 3:35 PM
It looks nice. :)

762.DEFENSE
05-18-2011, 3:37 PM
It looks nice. :)

arsilva32
05-18-2011, 4:40 PM
well i do get the colorfill thing, its about adding contrast and detail to something that is drab and all one color or shade.makes it look more tricked out,as long as you dont go overboard with it.its just like how a nice wood stock makes a bolt or lever action look sweet. i think your rifle lower looks nice. some guys just want performance out of there stick, others like me want performance and good looks . its all just personal pref. nice work on the colorfill man. ;-)