PDA

View Full Version : ZOMBIES!!!

Greg Mercurio
05-18-2011, 2:31 PM
This is too funny. Now every mall-ninja coast to coast will be wetting their beds in anticipation of being able to use their multi-functional black rifles, night vision goggles, and tactical vests against a CDC recognized threat. Bwhahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!! :eek:

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2011/05/18/cdc-warns-public-prepare-zombie-apocalypse/?test=latestnews

mrvash
05-18-2011, 2:46 PM
This is too funny. Now every mall-ninja coast to coast will be wetting their beds in anticipation of being able to use their multi-functional black rifles, night vision goggles, and tactical vests against a CDC recognized threat. Bwhahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!! :eek:

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2011/05/18/cdc-warns-public-prepare-zombie-apocalypse/?test=latestnews

I have nothing against being prepared for natural disasters, riots, home invasions, but zombies and/or the Rapture on May 21st? do people actually believe this stuff or is it all just fun and games as I am taking it as.

MrPlink
05-18-2011, 2:58 PM
if you read the article, CDC says its a tongue and cheek campaign to bring attention to being prepared for natural disaster and the like.

wjc
05-18-2011, 3:23 PM
if you read the article, CDC says its a tongue and cheek campaign to bring attention to being prepared for natural disaster and the like.

...or is it? :D

POLICESTATE
05-18-2011, 3:23 PM
Any excuse to buy more guns works for me :D

I just seem of that Obama money to finance my purchases!

762.DEFENSE
05-18-2011, 3:33 PM

I just seem of that Obama money to finance my purchases!

Totally agree. :cool2:

mike_the_wino
05-18-2011, 3:36 PM
My buddy sent this to me this morning. Their 'preparedness list' is full of fail. Not one mention of a machete or shotgun. :confused:

bloodhawke83
05-18-2011, 3:57 PM
i'm going to a guy show this sat. if it happens, i'll buy ammo and it not i'll buy more guns.

Uriah02
05-18-2011, 4:21 PM
My buddy sent this to me this morning. Their 'preparedness list' is full of fail. Not one mention of a machete or shotgun. :confused:

A) It is a tongue and cheek campaign
B) Why on earth would any gov't organization encourage people to buy guns?

RONIN.
05-18-2011, 4:29 PM
being prepared for natural disasters, riots, home envasion is one thing. have a plan drawn up for that. zombies really just makes me laugh.

but when it comes down to it, earthquakes happen, floods happen, attacks on US soil can happen.. it is always good to be prepared for things..

hell just think of this, what if one of the nuke power plants suddenly went down.. you would have no power.. flashlights, canned food, water.. etc etc would be things you would need..

ronin

xSARSx
05-18-2011, 4:32 PM

finally i've been waiting for this day to come. need to buy more ammo and shoot all those zombies down
:43::37:
its not even real, its a fake. some crack head wrote it and posted it up and making it sound legit!

ryan0320
05-18-2011, 4:50 PM

Hide the message in plain sight and this is the common technique....
My Zombie busters are ready and secured !
I am good to go !
:D

Secret
05-18-2011, 4:54 PM
NOTLD zombies please :) i dont want no fast ****ers

ZX-10R
05-18-2011, 5:21 PM
Better to be prepared than not.

TacticalPlinker
05-18-2011, 5:22 PM
I'm looking forward to zombies. The end of government and politicians. I loathe both, and I want an excuse to use my weapons for what they were primarily designed for (legally of course). I'm also looking forward to watching the end of stupid people because without question they won't survive a zombie attack...

When all is said and done, you can laugh if you want, but I say if you prepare for zombies, a SHTF/WROL situation should prove not to be an issue, aside from the intelligence factor as zombies are believed to have little (or none) capacity to think or innovate...

Zombies also mean an end of virtually everything that pisses me off. Like anti-gun activists who won't be able to fight off an invasion because they've banned the concept of personal defense.

// End rant.

Secret
05-18-2011, 5:43 PM
When all is said and done, you can laugh if you want, but I say if you prepare for zombies, a SHTF/WROL situation should prove not to be an issue, aside from the intelligence factor as zombies are believed to have little (or none) capacity to think or innovate...

You forgot about the people who have guns in a SHTF/WROL situation, so that would be a lot hard than zombies.. lol

with zombies you could hide in a armored car and drive through **** or hide in a house where instead humans would ram the house with a car LOL

TacticalPlinker
05-18-2011, 5:56 PM
You forgot about the people who have guns in a SHTF/WROL situation, so that would be a lot hard than zombies.. lol

with zombies you could hide in a armored car and drive through **** or hide in a house where instead humans would ram the house with a car LOL

Hence the last part of that statement about intelligence. But yeah, when its guns against guns, the situation changes and becomes something entirely different. Just hope you have more ammo, more guns, bigger guns and can shoot faster and more accurate than your opponent.

Secret
05-18-2011, 6:02 PM
Hence the last part of that statement about intelligence. But yeah, when its guns against guns, the situation changes and becomes something entirely different. Just hope you have more ammo, more guns, bigger guns and can shoot faster and more accurate than your opponent.

more ammo!!! Get the 10,000 empty ammo cans lol
nice picture btw ;)

Inquirer
05-18-2011, 7:45 PM

Yeah, makes you wonder if some big virus has been discovered in the South Pacific or something and our world is about to be turned upside down.

In all seriousness, though, the fact that they're using pop culture to encourage disaster readiness is a pretty cool concept. Preparedness for any disaster is a pretty similar process.

Read an interesting blog article about the American SHTF Preparedness movement that's been taking off lately (http://blog.mrblakeney.com/post/5407931115/philosophyofapocalypse). Guy's got some interesting, if unrelated posts on the UBL Death Photos (http://blog.mrblakeney.com/post/5187073633/ubldeathphotos), too.

Back on topic, though, as someone who's done disaster relief it amazes me how unprepared most people are for any break in their daily routine.

--Inq

PuppY_K1ck3R
05-18-2011, 8:16 PM
Zombies!!! I'm busy stock piling for this may 21st rapture business. I know im not being sent up there.

advocatusdiaboli
05-18-2011, 8:19 PM
A) It is a tongue and cheek campaign
B) Why on earth would any gov't organization encourage people to buy guns?

Because it believes in liberty? Oh yeah, right—you re taling about a government funded by the wealthy. Never mind. Carry on.

G1500
05-18-2011, 9:46 PM
http://emergency.cdc.gov/socialmedia/zombies_blog.asp

hardluck
05-18-2011, 10:46 PM
i'm going to a guy show this sat. if it happens, i'll buy ammo and it not i'll buy more guys.

There fixed it for you :rofl:

MrPlink
05-18-2011, 11:16 PM

hmmmm, it is what they would WANT us to think isnt it?

good point, Im sold. More guns it is.

inbox485
05-19-2011, 3:31 PM

They are saying prepare as if there was going to be a zombie Apocalypse. That is as close as the .gov can get to saying if you don't have some, GET SOME. Frankly if sheeple think zombie and things with sharp pointy edges and things that go boom don't come to mind, I'm fine with them not having any.

MrPlink
05-19-2011, 4:32 PM
Frankly if sheeple think zombie and things with sharp pointy edges and things that go boom don't come to mind, I'm fine with them not having any.

translation: EASY MEAL ;)

stix213
05-19-2011, 4:47 PM
The dead are going to rise on May 21st after all!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

lincoln6echo
05-19-2011, 5:10 PM
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b212/iamjackspictures/obama_zombies_motivator.jpg

And anyone planning on departing Sat can you please post date me a check for your account balance? I'll take paypal as well.

inbox485
05-19-2011, 5:19 PM
translation: EASY MEAL ;)

More like some knuckle head that couldn't hit the broad side of a barn shooting at noises and shadows in an urban area. If they are too stupid to understand that "prepare as if you anticipated a zombie apocalypse" means have a means of defense, they are too stupid to be handling firearms at all. And yes, easy meal.

Oh, and another insight somebody recently pointed out. After each major calamity (depression, famine, plague, etc.), there tends to be a massive surge in technology and productivity. What history teachers leave out is that it is because the welfare systems dry up, and the lazy morons all die, and the rest of intelligent society is free to be productive without dragging baggage around.

Eat Dirt
05-19-2011, 5:36 PM
If the Goverment ( CDC ) said it ......It must be True !!!!!!:willy_nilly:

killshot44
05-19-2011, 5:39 PM
Two words: Double Tap

Don't forget to stretch!

EvoXRiley
05-19-2011, 8:52 PM
I like how they left out guns for the retards who take this article serious!

smittty
05-19-2011, 11:43 PM
Sad thing is that many people won't read the article, Only the title and react to it.

Stupid people + fear = ?

Agent Akin
05-19-2011, 11:56 PM
its not even real, its a fake. some crack head wrote it and posted it up and making it sound legit!

Nope, it's a real article.

Folks who can't tell that it's a tounge-in-cheek attempt to get people to prepare by having fun with a popular topic are likely beyond help and will be messily devoured when the zombies rise anyway...

*grin*

CK_32
05-19-2011, 11:58 PM
Woo now all this bad boys praying for these zombies can nutt up or shut up.. hahaha

I love seeing the guys wanting zombies... because if that ever did happen or a hostile take over happened they would more than likely be one of the first to hide in a dark corner.

I'll admit ill be one of the first to sh*t my self lol.. But at least ill go down trying :)

So if may 21st it is then good day fellas ill be putting my extra underoos on tonight :D

Inquirer
05-20-2011, 1:08 AM
More like some knuckle head that couldn't hit the broad side of a barn shooting at noises and shadows in an urban area. If they are too stupid to understand that "prepare as if you anticipated a zombie apocalypse" means have a means of defense, they are too stupid to be handling firearms at all. And yes, easy meal.

Oh, and another insight somebody recently pointed out. After each major calamity (depression, famine, plague, etc.), there tends to be a massive surge in technology and productivity. What history teachers leave out is that it is because the welfare systems dry up, and the lazy morons all die, and the rest of intelligent society is free to be productive without dragging baggage around.

I don't mean to incite fact-less debate, but that's a facile argument. Saying that because welfare systems die out (which are only a modern invention), productivity and social elevation rise is just not based in fact. It's oversimplifying to say that "all the morons die" and intelligent society makes the jump another hundred years or so because the baggage of the average isn't there to bog them down in their advances.

That argument is like an elementary version Ayn Randism without any of the logical argument tossed in to back it up. Again, I don't mean to be offensive but that argument is not grounded in fact, nor is it sound. Yes, there is a correlation between religious domination and a dearth of scientific advancement (see 500-1400AD), but there's no link between social programs (or lack thereof) and breakthroughs in technological progress. Most of the leaps in industry, technology, and society occurred completely independent of social programs or the lack thereof.

Again, it's with all due respect, but I don't think that argument holds up. At all.

--Inq

Inquirer
05-20-2011, 1:11 AM
Nope, it's a real article.

Folks who can't tell that it's a tounge-in-cheek attempt to get people to prepare by having fun with a popular topic are likely beyond help and will be messily devoured when the zombies rise anyway...

*grin*

Inquirer Likes This Post...

Rebellious
05-20-2011, 2:03 AM
Well.....I'm prepared ;)

Remaxman
05-20-2011, 11:51 AM
Does anyone know when the season actually opens or what a zombie license runs? and what about tags? I heard they taste like chicken!:grilling:

nrvnqsrxk
05-20-2011, 11:53 AM
lols 10char.

It's cool that they started changing their approach to reach out to a wider audience. Coincidentally I was just discussing how to prepare for an earthquake or fire and this was a great primer.