PDA

View Full Version : Building a true Mil-spec AR

M16 Matt
05-18-2011, 2:19 PM
Any suggestions already have an eagle upper with a stripped stag lower with eagle parts but doesnt mesh right im thinking buchmaster lmt i heard lwrc was pretty good but not sure ?

pointedstick
05-18-2011, 2:22 PM
There's no such thing as a mil-spec AR-15. "Mil-spec" would define an M16, and you can't have one of those.

Why don't you explain what you want out of the rifle and what your budget is? That way we can better help you decide.

21SF
05-18-2011, 2:32 PM
THe funny thing is everyone is always concerned with mil-spec and most people that have been in the military will tell you their M-16's suck, as far as worn out rattle cans.

My boy that just came back from afghanistan likes my ST-15 better than his issued M-16

M16 Matt
05-18-2011, 2:34 PM
a mil spec rifle something i can count on drop it in dirt mud kick around and still work and yes i do have an eagle ea-15 m16 bought in 1993 thats why i got the stag lower so it was legal

M16 Matt
05-18-2011, 2:36 PM
very true thats why they only use the m16 for tranning because i heard that there barrels get hot and start to malfunction plus they were to heavy and now use the m4 but what brand do they use?

dieselpower
05-18-2011, 2:43 PM
LOL...nice troll dude....

M16 Matt
05-18-2011, 2:46 PM
u a m16 fan?

tomyboy
05-18-2011, 2:54 PM
I had the pleasure of being issued a brand new straight out of the crate FN M16A4, and it was a good rifle. Before that I had a worn out A2, that was a POS, but it was serviceable. There is a difference between nice or new, and serviceable. The government is a business, and any business will get the most use possible out of their equipment before they decide to trash it.

*Further more the only issues I had with reliability had to do with magazines.

CHS
05-18-2011, 2:54 PM
Can we lay off the heavy phone text and get some full words and punctuation up in here? It's damn near impossible to understand what you're trying to say.

762.DEFENSE
05-18-2011, 2:56 PM
:troll:

M16 Matt
05-18-2011, 2:58 PM
I had the pleasure of being issued a brand new straight out of the crate FN M16A4, and it was a good rifle. Before that I had a worn out A2, that was a POS, but it was serviceable. There is a difference between nice or new, and serviceable. The government is a business, and any business will get the most use possible out of their equipment before they decide to trash it.

very true got mine brand new and i only put maybe 500 rounds through it

pointedstick
05-18-2011, 3:04 PM
This thread is heading for a big fat lock. It's helpful to use correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation; your point will come across much more easily. So far, I think you're asking who makes the M16s that the U.S. military uses. That would be Colt. But Colt isn't going to sell you an M16, so you'd have to buy a semi-auto AR-15 from them.

But before we talk about brand, the most important questions to ask yourself are, "what do I want to do with this rifle?" and "what's my budget?". Once you know the answers to those questions, everything will be simpler. There are many very high-quality AR-15 brands that aren't used by the military or any LEOs.

MrPlink
05-18-2011, 3:05 PM
very true thats why they only use the m16 for tranning because i heard that there barrels get hot and start to malfunction plus they were to heavy and now use the m4 but what brand do they use?

you make a statement like that yet you have M16 in your name?

I guess the marines never get to stop training....

You are either really lost or in fact a troll

CHS
05-18-2011, 3:10 PM
This thread is heading for a big fat lock. It's helpful to use correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation; your point will come across much more easily. So far, I think you're asking who makes the M16s that the U.S. military uses. That would be Colt. But Colt isn't going to sell you an M16, so you'd have to buy a semi-auto AR-15 from them.

Colt
FN
Sabre Defence
LMT

Those are currently the biggest contractors. Colt is the sole source for the M4 and does M203's. FN is the current big M16 contractor. Sabre had a Navy(?) M16 contract. LMT makes the Navy MK18 uppers and M203's.

I believe the military sources the parts and builds their own DMR's, but I'm not positive on that one.

But Colt is not the only one.

pointedstick
05-18-2011, 3:14 PM
Colt
FN
Sabre Defence
LMT

Those are currently the biggest contractors. Colt is the sole source for the M4 and does M203's. FN is the current big M16 contractor. Sabre had a Navy(?) M16 contract. LMT makes the Navy MK18 uppers and M203's.

I believe the military sources the parts and builds their own DMR's, but I'm not positive on that one.

Ahh, I didn't know that. Musta been thinking of the M4. Thanks for the info!

jdouglas
05-18-2011, 3:16 PM
i asolutly cnat stand it when ppl cant lern how 2 spell without punctation without grammer right either they must have mist a few yrs at school i am a mall nijna cuz they r teh beast

:p

M16 Matt
05-18-2011, 3:26 PM
you make a statement like that yet you have M16 in your name?

I guess the marines never get to stop training....

You are either really lost or in fact a troll

i got the m16 from my father who never used it and to do so i had to buy a lower to put in my name great rifle no problems i like the style i want to build my own just with new more upgraded parts

and whats this troll thing ?

CHS
05-18-2011, 3:28 PM
i got the m16 from my father who never used it and to do so i had to buy a lower to put in my name great rifle no problems i like the style i want to build my own just with new more upgraded parts

PUNCTUATION. LEARN IT.

M16 Matt
05-18-2011, 3:29 PM
Colt
FN
Sabre Defence
LMT

i really wanted a colt and i have been told lmt is really nice my buddy built one and its bad and super light what do u think about the buchmaster ?