PDA

View Full Version : JAE/Promag Arcangle M1A stock..do I need Bullet Button?

sniper4usmc
05-18-2011, 2:16 PM
Is JAE/Promag Archangel M1A stock good to go in California? or does it need maglock?

Don29palms
05-18-2011, 2:34 PM
Is it a centerfire semi-automatic rifle that can accept a detachable magazine and has
A pistol grip
OR
A flash suppressor
OR
A collapsable stock

If the answer is yes the you need a locked magazine.

Sumo99
05-18-2011, 2:40 PM
JAE and Promag ARE NOT the same stock even though they look very similar.
If you are just dropping in a M1a or M14 variant...
JAE - No mag lock needed
Promag - From the pictures I've seen it looks like it needs a mag lock to me.

evollep3
05-18-2011, 3:36 PM
the ProMag is coming in really close as a pistol grip I would get a lock just in case

evollep3
05-18-2011, 3:40 PM
actually looking at it again
http://www.promagindustries.com/v/vspfiles/photos/AAM1A-2.jpg
http://www.jae100.com/images/homepage/slides_show_homepage/home_page2_04.jpg

the web of your hand is above the action so i dont think so..... its a close call

Noobie
05-18-2011, 3:43 PM
Check out the FAQ on JAE site. For JAE no, other I don't know.

Bigbird19
05-18-2011, 3:45 PM
I know JAE doesnt require a maglock...

From JAE

"Hi Jason,

The JAE-100 is California Compliant and you can use a removable magazine. It does not have a pistol grip which would make it an assault weapon.

We have been selling our stocks in California and everywhere else for over 5 ˝ years now."

AlliedArmory
05-18-2011, 3:52 PM
No maglock required.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4087/5000088131_d75e2e9679_b.jpg

762.DEFENSE
05-18-2011, 4:39 PM
You're a 100% good to go. :thumbsup:

hellraiser
05-18-2011, 5:32 PM
Eesh... The promag one looks like it's cutting it close.

WILDMAN442
05-18-2011, 5:34 PM
The JAE is GTG. Very slick looking as well.

Justin

X-NewYawker
05-18-2011, 6:13 PM
The Pro-mag people at the SHOT show told me their stock was not compliant. When I pointed out that a) the stock they were copying WAS, and 2) hey were in California, the guy told me "we're making it for the rest of the country, in CA you can get a mag lock. It "allows the web of the hand to be below the top of the trigger," (don't be fooled by pics and videos showing the shooter gripping the PMS high, the grip allows it, and that is enough) as well, the stock is adjustable for length, so, BB or Maglock required for Pro-Mag in CA.

SAR_boats
05-18-2011, 6:28 PM
the only aftermarket mod stocks for m1a that are ca compliant (that I know of) are the McMillan M3A and the JAE

Sniper3142
05-18-2011, 6:55 PM
The JAE stock is GTG.

Never handled the POS stolen copy that is called the Promag Archangel stock and wouldn't trust it at all.

ginnz
11-15-2013, 6:59 PM
I KNOW im reviving an old thread, but I HAVE to address this.... I LOVE my ProMag M203 stock! For one, it didnt cost me a rediculous amount to re-stock my M203! And the most important point is that it feels great, the adjustablity is top notch, and its built very well, and fits the M203 very well.... to call it a POS is is plain ignorant. Id bet the poster never actually seen one in person, or used one for that matter.you can almost buy five ProMag stocks for one JAE! Its a no brainer to buy the Promag over the JAE, and use the savings to tune the M203, and put the rest towards some good glass..... unless you got more money than brains, of course. ;-)

The JAE stock is GTG.

Never handled the POS stolen copy that is called the Promag Archangel stock and wouldn't trust it at all.

MrPlink
11-15-2013, 7:59 PM
Gentlemen, you may now wear your flame suits

vliberatore
11-15-2013, 8:13 PM
I KNOW im reviving an old thread, but I HAVE to address this.... I LOVE my ProMag M203 stock! For one, it didnt cost me a rediculous amount to re-stock my M203! And the most important point is that it feels great, the adjustablity is top notch, and its built very well, and fits the M203 very well.... to call it a POS is is plain ignorant. Id bet the poster never actually seen one in person, or used one for that matter.you can almost buy five ProMag stocks for one JAE! Its a no brainer to buy the Promag over the JAE, and use the savings to tune the M203, and put the rest towards some good glass..... unless you got more money than brains, of course. ;-)

Yes, lowest cost is usually my first criteria for a stock

:facepalm:

Sailormilan2
11-15-2013, 9:12 PM
Thsi thread was posted back in August.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=804859&highlight=promag+archangel

From post #10:

Before I bought my Archangel, I phoned ProMag and spoke to them. I was told that they had submitted the stock design to the DOJ for an opinion and the DOJ decline to issue one. The person I talked to (IIRC, MIke) said that opinions were divided there at ProMag as to whether or not it was legal. Split about 50/50.
I was told they then showed the stock to some LAPD/LASO SWAT Team members they knew, and all of them said it was legal and good to go.
As far as I know, I have not heard of one case yet where someone was convicted for a Possession of an AW for having one on a rifle.
So, that leaves us in the position that all of these comments are nothing but opinions(yes, even this one of mine), since there has not been one legal precident setting case.

Here is the CA DOJ defintion of a pistol grip:
978.20 Definitions
(d) "pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon” means a grip that allows for a pistol style grasp in which the web of the trigger hand (between the thumb and index finger) can be placed below the top of the exposed portion of the trigger while firing.

desert dog
11-16-2013, 12:31 AM

So you bought a stock for your grenade launcher???? :p

I have seen the Promag stock. It is a cheap POS. It is not a real chassis system and does not have an Aluminum bedding block. It is plastic with pillars like any other POS stock. It is also a POS knock off of a JAE stock, an obvious copy of their design.

I would argue that you are the ignorant one and have obviously not handled a JAE stock. To say the quality is even remotely similar is laughable at best. But perhaps you are just trolling old threads in firearms forums to pimp this stock, as has been happening lately on all gun forums. I hate companies that do that crap.