PDA

View Full Version : HADAR II GALIL the list?

Steyr_223
12-04-2006, 9:10 PM
http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=61661764

Has a trumb hole stock, but that can be filled. Is it on the ban list? I think Galil are but not sure about the Hadar..

jumbopanda
12-04-2006, 9:16 PM
Don't think so, although I would never fill the stock on that thing. Just can't make myself butcher expensive guns.

xenophobe
12-04-2006, 11:18 PM
No. I would avoid it because the mags are expensive as hell. I'm sure the 5 or 10 round mags can be found for under $100 though.

When I sold my Galil .308 AR, I sold the 25 round mags at $175 each out-of-state.

rssslvr
12-04-2006, 11:20 PM
No. I would avoid it because the mags are expensive as hell. I'm sure the 5 or 10 round mags can be found for under $100 though.

When I sold my Galil .308 AR, I sold the 25 round mags at $175 each out-of-state.
yeah but if you get a galil in .223 and use the AR15 mag adapter mags would be cheap

xenophobe
12-04-2006, 11:27 PM
But the Hadar II is a .308.

grammaton76
12-04-2006, 11:27 PM
Man, that's pretty. I'd go ahead and find a way to lock the mag in place, on that particular setup.

rssslvr
12-04-2006, 11:28 PM
But the Hadar II is a .308.
I know thats why I said galil and not hadar II.I hope to have a galil .223 clone done here pretty soon

xenophobe
12-04-2006, 11:30 PM
Man, that's pretty. I'd go ahead and find a way to lock the mag in place, on that particular setup.

Actually, they're pretty horrid. A VERY cheaped-down version of the .308 AR.

They only imported them for 1 year because nobody wanted to buy them. They were most unpopular back then.

jumbopanda
12-04-2006, 11:50 PM
Just go with a .308 Saiga :)

grammaton76
12-04-2006, 11:58 PM
Actually, they're pretty horrid. A VERY cheaped-down version of the .308 AR.

They only imported them for 1 year because nobody wanted to buy them. They were most unpopular back then.

Actually, I wasn't looking at it with a comparison to the AR's.

I just like the contours on the wood, at least visually. Being semi-auto doesn't hurt it any either.

Provided the price was right (that price ISN'T right... for that much, I'd buy a second variant of PTR-91), I'd go for one.

JPglee1
12-04-2006, 11:58 PM
yeah but if you get a galil in .223 and use the AR15 mag adapter mags would be cheap

Shhh, stop tellin ;)

We're gonna make the ultimate AK....

Use an AK flat that we RSSSLVR bends himself, weld the trunnion stubs from the Galil kit into the AK flats...Then we'll have .223 AK with kick *** sights.

Then we are gonna weld a AR-15 to Galil magazine adaptor, probably TIG welded to the bottom of the receiver,

Last step is to work open a true last round bolt hold open. I have an idea in my head for stamped AKs that would drop in by replacing the center support....

J

rssslvr
12-05-2006, 12:03 AM
Shhh, stop tellin ;)

Use an AK flat that we RSSSLVR bends himself, weld the trunnion stubs from the Galil kit into the AK flats...Then we'll have .223 AK with kick *** sights.

Then we are gonna weld a AR-15 to Galil magazine adaptor, probably TIG welded to the bottom of the receiver,

Last step is to work open a true last round bolt hold open. I have an idea in my head for stamped AKs that would drop in by replacing the center support....

J
J acctually I want to do some cutting and welding on one of my AKs next time I come over if we have some extra time.

grammaton76
12-05-2006, 12:26 AM

...(weldweldweldweldweld)...

Please tell me that you're not seriously thinking that you're going to get ahold of one of those beautiful, rare Galil kits I managed to secure, in order to perform this? :eek:

Dunno about the other two guys, but mine's not getting touched for anything other than a true, proper Galil build! :p Well, other than being Califonicated of course...

rssslvr
12-05-2006, 12:33 AM
Please tell me that you're not seriously thinking that you're going to get ahold of one of those beautiful, rare Galil kits I managed to secure, in order to perform this? :eek:

Dunno about the other two guys, but mine's not getting touched for anything other than a true, proper Galil build! :p Well, other than being Califonicated of course...
Well I didn't buy a galil receiver for nothing:p

Steyr_223
12-05-2006, 6:40 AM
"When I sold my Galil .308 AR, I sold the 25 round mags at $175 each out-of-state."

Do you regret it? Someone let me shot their Galil AR 308 and I found it was great! Loved the side folder on the thing, is it true it was a milled reciever? It has those tritium night sites..

I want to make an OLL clone version of it someday..