PDA

View Full Version : binladens death

level 10
05-18-2011, 6:23 AM
Has anyone heard what weapon was used to take this sorry piece of crap out i know there must some rumors floating around .

Farva
05-18-2011, 6:26 AM
There is like 3 different rumors going around, but the 'buzz' is an HK416. Doesnt really matter though, a Navy SEAL is what killed him. Those guys are weapons themselves.

Droppin Deuces
05-18-2011, 6:33 AM
hvpUtAzBg3w

r6raff
05-18-2011, 8:51 AM
Has anyone heard what weapon was used to take this sorry piece of crap out i know there must some rumors floating around .

The most consistent stories I hear is that the HK556 ( or rather the 516 =p ) did the job

FatalKitty
05-18-2011, 9:30 AM
Guns don't kill people.
sorry, just doesn't happen. You must be a brady?
a SEAL killed BBL... not sure what he used to do it, but the latest rumor is an hk416

geeknow
05-18-2011, 9:32 AM

his death was caused by us. that is the important part. :D

NorCalAthlete
05-18-2011, 9:36 AM
http://i.imgur.com/EqRSF.png

Some type of handgun maybe? lol

UserM4
05-18-2011, 9:37 AM
So a 5.56 didn't just bounce off his beard? Well I guess that settles it. 5.56>7.62 :p

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Colt-45
05-18-2011, 9:38 AM
An AK or a FAL wasn't used, we know that much.:43:

Mr_Monkeywrench
05-18-2011, 9:53 AM
They must have shot him 20 times in the head just to get him on the ground. Everyone knows that 5.56 has no stopping power :rolleyes:

THT
05-18-2011, 9:59 AM

Talked to LAV about it last week and he got the story from an "insider"

nrvnqsrxk
05-18-2011, 10:04 AM
Vickers said HK416 on facebook. I don't think SEALs would lie to him.

MrPlink
05-18-2011, 1:55 PM
my buddy who is SF said he heard from DEVGRU that they were using HKs. I suppose at this point its looking like the 416, but he heard mentions of the Mp-7 as well, which he found odd.

tomd1584
05-18-2011, 2:14 PM
I heard it was a Lefty Stag.

Bigbird19
05-18-2011, 2:17 PM
I heard it was a Lefty Stag.

I heard it was a Hi-Point :TFH:

Lead Waster
05-18-2011, 2:17 PM
So ... time to buy stock in HK?

killshot44
05-18-2011, 2:24 PM
So ... time to buy stock in HK?

Nope. Time to buy was before 5-1..........;)

brando
05-18-2011, 2:28 PM
I heard it was a ninja sword...

Inquirer
05-18-2011, 7:49 PM
Whatever it was, gives a whole new meaning to the term "mushroom stamp".

Ross
05-18-2011, 8:59 PM

Talked to LAV about it last week and he got the story from an "insider"

Then he probably wasn't talking to a Seal on AMPHIB Base Coronado.

OhDannyBoy
05-18-2011, 9:12 PM
Shobi-Zue

VytamenC Tactical
05-18-2011, 9:21 PM
i heard it was chuck norris

i<3HK
05-18-2011, 9:31 PM

:43:

Rock_Islander
05-18-2011, 10:37 PM
Chuck Norris? I actually heard the SEALs called in Chris (Costa of course) to lay the final smackdown, LOL LOL LOL

247Nino
05-18-2011, 10:45 PM
I heard it was hot dogs, hamburgers and rocknroll

7.62 Charlie
05-18-2011, 10:47 PM

Awww you beat me to it!

762.DEFENSE
05-18-2011, 11:08 PM

ROFL.

MrPlink
05-18-2011, 11:23 PM

but did they fire chuck out of a GP or DI gun?

TRICK QUESTION.

Its both! :D

morfeeis
05-18-2011, 11:34 PM
great now there will be a new wave of HK "fans" saying HK must be the best that's why the SEALS used it to kill bin......

ClickClickBoom
05-19-2011, 7:02 AM
H&K is a manufacturer, that produces fine weapons systems, operators have been using them for decades, they work with annoying German predictability. I put more than 10k rounds through mine and the only failure to fire was a bad primer. The G3/91 variant is one of the most popular free world weapon produced. I was in Mexico a few years back, clearing customs in Ensinada, where after landing I was met by a squad of Mexican marines. They all had G3s and them suckers were spotless, phosphate worn clean off from their nonstop cleaning, well oiled, well used, well taken care of. Pretty squared away troops, chatted with the squad leader while waiting for the customs crew, nice guy.
eric
P.S. I will bet the average SEAL team armory would be a fantasy, for almost any other operator. Any weapon system just projects the will of it's operator. I would not want to be standing between a SEAL and his objective either!

xfilterx
05-19-2011, 7:31 AM
It was this guy right here:

z5tDgkdj71U

gVV3kswAALA

SDS-Ruger
05-19-2011, 7:59 AM
while i'm pretty sure it was not what they used. It would kinda poetic justice if they used a US made 1911.

luckystrike
05-19-2011, 9:18 AM
I wonder if he got noob-tubed

EvoXRiley
05-19-2011, 9:53 AM
it was a hello kitty plum crazy lower double star upper AR

21SF
05-19-2011, 10:14 AM
I wonder if he got noob-tubed

LOL, thats cuz he was camping in the corner.

Muttley
05-19-2011, 10:31 AM

The Delta Force was in town :D ?

http://blogs.amctv.com/future-of-classic/delta.jpg

DudeDoug2000
05-19-2011, 11:39 AM
The Delta Force was in town :D ?

http://blogs.amctv.com/future-of-classic/delta.jpg

I spot tape on the bottom of the rocket, looks like maybe a bottle rocket Is taped to the side lol, good ol' Chuck

Ryan in SD
05-19-2011, 12:43 PM
H&K is a manufacturer, that produces fine weapons systems, operators have been using them for decades, they work with annoying German predictability. I put more than 10k rounds through mine and the only failure to fire was a bad primer. The G3/91 variant is one of the most popular free world weapon produced. I was in Mexico a few years back, clearing customs in Ensinada, where after landing I was met by a squad of Mexican marines. They all had G3s and them suckers were spotless, phosphate worn clean off from their nonstop cleaning, well oiled, well used, well taken care of. Pretty squared away troops, chatted with the squad leader while waiting for the customs crew, nice guy.
eric
P.S. I will bet the average SEAL team armory would be a fantasy, for almost any other operator. Any weapon system just projects the will of it's operator. I would not want to be standing between a SEAL and his objective either!

:rolleyes:
oh shut up

We've all played rainbow six.

Lead Waster
05-19-2011, 1:00 PM
They didn't even need guns. He OBL didn't reach for a gun. And seriously, 3 seals encountered him and his wife. He was in the hallway in his pajamas.

3 seals vs old guy = burial at sea for the old guy regardless of any weapons lying around.

AlliedArmory
05-19-2011, 1:28 PM
Last I heard it was a HK416

lewisracing
05-19-2011, 1:48 PM

http://fivebeforechaos.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/chuck-norris.jpg

greasemonkey
05-19-2011, 2:03 PM
HK416. Not speculation.

ClickClickBoom
05-19-2011, 4:49 PM
oh shut up

We've all played rainbow six.
So sorry trash man, I will call them "NAVY SEALS" from now on. Sorry, never played Rainbow Six nor any other kill games, I will defer to the Master Mall Ninja from now on......
Whatever, get a life....
eric

Tiberius
05-19-2011, 8:12 PM
A little off topic, but has anybody else wondered at how it played out. Helicopters land. Gunfire. Apparently he pokes his head out and someone takes a shot. Yet when the SEALs breach his room, he's unarmed, tho there's an AK and a pistol there.

WTF? Did he go full wimp, or maybe he was hoping for a surrender and long showy trial?

This isn't a critique - I'm glad they shot him, just like everyone else. But I don't get what he was doing. Even if the SEAL weapons were silenced, and the helos muffled, there had to have been some noise, plus the shot taken at him. Or maybe the true story is the first he knew the SEALs were there was when he saw a bright flash and then darkness and then a big guy with horns, a pitchfork, and rude intentions.

Ryan in SD
05-20-2011, 1:06 AM
So sorry trash man, I will call them "NAVY SEALS" from now on. Sorry, never played Rainbow Six nor any other kill games, I will defer to the Master Mall Ninja from now on......
Whatever, get a life....
eric

I'm not the one writing paragraphs about how great HK is.

They suck, they only care about LE and military and are usually way over priced.

Kinda like the ferrari of the gun world. Lots of silly fan boys out there.

ClickClickBoom
05-20-2011, 6:47 AM

They suck, they only care about LE and military and are usually way over priced.

TM,
Your problem is reading comprehension, seem I was writing about.....HK......Navy Seals...... and the fact that the HK family is a good system. Please elaborate on how "they suck". So what you are saying is that the Navy Seal that capped Osama is a "silly fan boy" because he used a HK. I use the "O" word because it's easier than typing Navy Seal on my iPad with my fat sausage like fingers.
You might direct your rage at people who shoot Justin Beiber posters and beer bottles.
Eric

RONIN.
05-20-2011, 7:14 AM
Ryan in sd.. LOL question for ya? Have u fired a hk416?? Even held one?? By your thinking KAC would suck also.. Due to there catering to mil and Leo more then civilians.. Having fired the hk it is a great weapon system.. Just because u can't get ur grubby little paws on it doesn't make it "suck"

Making statements makes like that makes u look like a... Well u get the point..

xfilterx
05-20-2011, 7:17 AM

Always take what a AK47 fan boy says with a grain of salt. :)
I've fired a 416 in full auto (check the videos on the previous page of this post). It's a slick weapon system. Surprisingly light and VERY easy to control. Check out the plane of the barrel as I fire and see how steady and level the rifle stays. I have no military or LEO experience and don't often get to fire in full auto. For a noob getting to fire the 416 in full auto and to see my groupings at 50 yards with it was a sight to behold. I can't imagine how the 416 would perform in the hands of a trained SEAL.

Ryan: I see that you're in North County San Diego. I'll be picking up my MR556 at National Police Supply in Vista today at noon...you're welcome to come by and check it out.

ClickClickBoom
05-20-2011, 7:30 AM

2:06AM, drunk posting almost never works out well. Now if you are on a WoW pee break and fetching another RedBull and feel the mall ninjia need coming on well....that's another thing. Now what is the Lat/Long of your beer bottle shooting spot again?
Eric

ClickClickBoom
05-20-2011, 7:35 AM
I've fired a 416 in full auto (check the videos on the previous page of this post). It's a slick weapon system. Surprisingly light and VERY easy to control. Check out the plane of the barrel as I fire and see how steady and level the rifle stays. I have no military or LEO experience and don't often get to fire in full auto. For a noob getting to fire the 416 in full auto and to see my groupings at 50 yards with it was a sight to behold. I can't imagine how the 416 would perform in the hands of a trained operator like a SEAL.

Ryan: I see that you're in North County San Diego. I'll be picking up my MR556 at National Police Supply in Vista today at noon...you're welcome to come by and check it out.
Sweet Jeebus man,
Don't use the "O" word in regards to Navy Seals, it will make Ryan crazy and he will mess up the next level of his WoW game, and start him ranting about Justin Beiber posters and cardboard.
Eric

Hyper
05-20-2011, 7:36 AM
It was him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4g7LGMkYTM

xfilterx
05-20-2011, 7:40 AM
Sweet Jeebus man,
Don't use the "O" word in regards to Navy Seals, it will make Ryan crazy and he will mess up the next level of his WoW game, and start him ranting about Justin Beiber posters and cardboard.
Eric

Edited. :D

tleeocinca
05-20-2011, 7:44 AM
I heard that Ralphy took him out with his Daisy Red Ryder BB Gun. He found Bin Laden using his Little Orphan Annie Secret decoder.

Shark06
05-20-2011, 12:13 PM

I was just there filling out a DROS. I shoulda asked Sean if he had any cool rifles to fondle. :chris: FWIW - DEVGRU has the HK416C in its arsenal. :cool2:

xfilterx
05-20-2011, 12:43 PM
I was just there filling out a DROS. I shoulda asked Sean if he had any cool rifles to fondle. :chris: FWIW - DEVGRU has the HK416C in its arsenal. :cool2:

Pshh, Sean woulda told you no. He knows not to let anyone's grubby hands touch my guns. :D

All kidding aside, up until today I had my MR556, 3 PTR-91 receivers, a MP5 receiver, a Vector V93 receiver, a SW93 receiver, a Browning Buckmark .22, and a MP5 pistol waiting for the 10 day to expire. I have a sickness and I fear there's no cure my friends.

RugerFanRyan
05-20-2011, 12:50 PM
I heard that Ralphy took him out with his Daisy Red Ryder BB Gun. He found Bin Laden using his Little Orphan Annie Secret decoder.

:rofl:

1911su16b870
05-20-2011, 1:10 PM
SUPPRESSED HK416 FTW! :patriot:

Ryan in SD
05-20-2011, 10:56 PM
Ryan in sd.. LOL question for ya? Have u fired a hk416?? Even held one?? By your thinking KAC would suck also.. Due to there catering to mil and Leo more then civilians.. Having fired the hk it is a great weapon system.. Just because u can't get ur grubby little paws on it doesn't make it "suck"

Making statements makes like that makes u look like a... Well u get the point..

Im saying the company sucks, not their gear.

How they view "mere" civilians annoys me.

I do like Hk guns, but fan boyism bothers me when adults do it. I voiced my opinion, I heard yours.

Neat, now get over it.

Ryan in SD
05-20-2011, 11:00 PM
I've fired a 416 in full auto (check the videos on the previous page of this post). It's a slick weapon system. Surprisingly light and VERY easy to control. Check out the plane of the barrel as I fire and see how steady and level the rifle stays. I have no military or LEO experience and don't often get to fire in full auto. For a noob getting to fire the 416 in full auto and to see my groupings at 50 yards with it was a sight to behold. I can't imagine how the 416 would perform in the hands of a trained SEAL.

Woulda loved to but I had to finish up a project at work and didnt see the post till now.

I'm going shooting tomorrow evening with some co workers (no im not a mailman)

If you feel like meeting us out there off the 76 let me know.

ClickClickBoom
05-21-2011, 7:11 AM
Im saying the company sucks, not their gear.

How they view "mere" civilians annoys me.

I do like Hk guns, but fan boyism bothers me when adults do it.
So,
How do you feel about AK systems? How is your tech support from the Kalishnikov factory? HK sucks how? Because they make a product, tailored to a specific demographic, and then charge what the market will bear, sounds like capitalism to me. It would seem on the surface you are bitter and envious because they don't cater to your particular market share.
Eric

greasemonkey
05-21-2011, 7:17 AM
So,
How do you feel about AK systems? How is your tech support from the Kalishnikov factory? HK sucks how? Because they make a product, tailored to a specific demographic, and then charge what the market will bear, sounds like capitalism to me. It would seem on the surface you are bitter and envious because they don't cater to your particular market share.
Eric

No, it's not just the 'market they cater to', they're of the mindset that only gov't should have guns and not civilians. That bothers me, too.

Ryan in SD
05-21-2011, 7:29 AM
So,
Eric

Aren't you bored yet? :rolleyes:

chicoredneck
05-21-2011, 7:53 AM
No, it's not just the 'market they cater to', they're of the mindset that only gov't should have guns and not civilians. That bothers me, too.
+1
HK is extreamly anti-gun. I know that seems odd, them being an arms manufacturer, but the only reason they sell to the public is because begrudgingly in order to compete with all the other manufacturers out there they have to. Military sales are not constant and by selling to the public it keeps the flow and interest up as well as get their product out there to somebody whom may have influence in arms deals down the road. They only sell what they absolutly have to, to the public, and that is reflected in the prices they charge. I personally do not buy HK products for that reason.

As a system, HK products have an excellent reputation.

ClickClickBoom
05-21-2011, 8:28 AM
Aren't you bored yet? :rolleyes:
Naaahhaa,
I like to poke fun at people who are extreme in their opinions.
eric

ClickClickBoom
05-21-2011, 8:59 AM
+1
HK is extreamly anti-gun. I know that seems odd, them being an arms manufacturer, but the only reason they sell to the public is because begrudgingly in order to compete with all the other manufacturers out there they have to. Military sales are not constant and by selling to the public it keeps the flow and interest up as well as get their product out there to somebody whom may have influence in arms deals down the road. They only sell what they absolutly have to, to the public, and that is reflected in the prices they charge. I personally do not buy HK products for that reason.

As a system, HK products have an excellent reputation.
I think, as opposed to being anti gun, I would submit that they don't want their guns used by the most unpredictable segment of the population, the masses. When you think of "gangbangers" what is the most popular weapon used, other than the universal junk gun?
Glock, AK? These names are now even part of the gang lexicon. I would submit that since post WWII, some German weapons mfgs, are very perception oriented. In many countries weapon ownership is strictly limited by their governments. With weapon sales to governments, unless you are building a better mousetrap, sales stagnate, since rebuilding and maint. limits new sales. Consumer sales would be a difficult balance between keeping manufacturing lines open, and making profit and allowing R&D to continue. Why else would they offer semi auto versions of their premium products?
eric

chicoredneck
05-21-2011, 9:28 AM
I think, as opposed to being anti gun, I would submit that they don't want their guns used by the most unpredictable segment of the population, the masses. When you think of "gangbangers" what is the most popular weapon used, other than the universal junk gun?
Glock, AK? These names are now even part of the gang lexicon. I would submit that since post WWII, some German weapons mfgs, are very perception oriented. In many countries weapon ownership is strictly limited by their governments. With weapon sales to governments, unless you are building a better mousetrap, sales stagnate, since rebuilding and maint. limits new sales. Consumer sales would be a difficult balance between keeping manufacturing lines open, and making profit and allowing R&D to continue. Why else would they offer semi auto versions of their premium products?
eric

This is one of the most intelligent posts I have yet seen on Calguns. kudos
It's that association and image protectionism, if that is what HK's reasoning is, that drives me bonkers.

Gang banger's guns used to be lever actions in the late 1800's, yet today they are classic good 'ol boy rifles without any bad image attached to them by the general populace. That same image and mindset needs to apply to modern rifles as well.

You see, the anti's argument is that modern semi-autos give criminals an unfair advantage. However in 1879 did the lever action give criminals an unfair advantage? No, people simply responded to ever increasing technology. The police and general populace at the time all shared in arming themselves equally with the criminals.

If HK and other manufacturers stopped feeding into this mentality as well as if the general populace of the US started hunting/shooting with modern semi-autos the labeling of modern semi-autos as bad guy guns or killing machines would eventually fade away. AR's and Ak's would share the same spot that the rest of the old military rifles do today, tools for hunting, self protection, and target shooting. This does seem to be happening, but there is still a long way to go.

HK's policy may be seen as self preserving (by itself or others), but in actuallity it is against the right of an individual to protect himself and pro tyranny.

ClickClickBoom
05-21-2011, 12:56 PM
CRN,
The USA is most unique inasmuch the general populace is allowed relatively unfettered gun ownership. Go to any other large populace and compare gun laws, as restrictive as ours are, I will bet most will find other countries even more restrictive/odious.
Eric

Ryan in SD
05-23-2011, 1:59 AM
eric

Why does a USP cost $800+ when an XD costs $450? :confused:

HK35
05-23-2011, 7:43 AM

Ryan,

Have you even owned an H&K gun? If so, have you experienced bad customer service yourself?

I can tell you from experience that, as a civilian, I have been treated kindly by H&K. I had a question, called and left a message and they called me back the same day. Talked to me about their guns and all was good.

In regard to the USP, have you shot one back-to-back with an XD? I have shot it back-to-back with Glock 19 & 17 and XD and I prefer the feel of the USP. It is indeed personal preference but to me, the felt recoil was less with the USP. I also like the fact that you can carry it with a round in the chamber either condition 2, 1 or 0.

As far as cost, it is made in Germany and labor costs more their. Plus the Euro to USD exchange rate & import fees bumps the price up a bit.

UserM4
05-23-2011, 9:11 AM

Because it's almost 2x better duh.

Bigbird19
05-23-2011, 9:56 AM
What optic do you think was used!?!?!

aimpoint, acog, eotech?

HK35
05-23-2011, 10:07 AM
What optic do you think was used!?!?!

aimpoint, acog, eotech?

None of the above. I'm positive they used Retina Optics.

1911su16b870
05-23-2011, 10:51 AM
Here is the burial at sea footage...:D enjoy!

http://www.brasschecktv.com/page/1101.html

deadcoyote
05-23-2011, 2:50 PM
This is total speculation but I bet it wasn't a Kel-tec SU-16.

jokat989
05-23-2011, 3:21 PM
it was a semi auto ar 15 with a bb and 10/30 mag lol

brando
05-23-2011, 3:24 PM
CRN,
The USA is most unique inasmuch the general populace is allowed relatively unfettered gun ownership. Go to any other large populace and compare gun laws, as restrictive as ours are, I will bet most will find other countries even more restrictive/odious.
Eric

I can walk into a gun store or hunting shop here in New Zealand and buy a rifle suppressor without any paperwork. :P

Bigbird19
05-23-2011, 3:53 PM
Switzerland issues full autos to its civilaians and has paid range days where they take the day off of work and get paid to shoot and sweden is mandatory supressors to avoid noise complaints

ihorn
05-23-2011, 5:38 PM
Switzerland issues full autos to its civilaians and has paid range days where they take the day off of work and get paid to shoot and sweden is mandatory supressors to avoid noise complaints

Ok, maybe we all need to move to Switzerland. I would love to get paid to shoot.

ihorn
05-23-2011, 5:40 PM
Ok I found the video of the SEAL Operator who shot Bin Laden. I hope you guys enjoy.

IO9rcjnu7cU

Ryan in SD
05-27-2011, 12:07 PM
Ryan,

Have you even owned an H&K gun? If so, have you experienced bad customer service yourself?

I can tell you from experience that, as a civilian, I have been treated kindly by H&K. I had a question, called and left a message and they called me back the same day. Talked to me about their guns and all was good.

In regard to the USP, have you shot one back-to-back with an XD? I have shot it back-to-back with Glock 19 & 17 and XD and I prefer the feel of the USP. It is indeed personal preference but to me, the felt recoil was less with the USP. I also like the fact that you can carry it with a round in the chamber either condition 2, 1 or 0.

As far as cost, it is made in Germany and labor costs more their. Plus the Euro to USD exchange rate & import fees bumps the price up a bit.

I'm sorry, the correct answer is "because people think they are better".

Yes Ive shot a couple of USPs back to back with a couple other guns including the XD.

High bore axis, flexy trigger, heavier, superfluous safety, bad magazine release, and a $350 premium. I still want one, but there's a lot of guns I want before it.

HK Dave
05-27-2011, 3:15 PM
I wonder how many SEALS actually shot him. I think if I was one of them, and one of my buddies shot him, I'd shoot him a couple more times just to make sure. ;)

LBDamned
05-27-2011, 11:39 PM
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u72/OCG35/Guns/bin-laden-fish-food-300x214.jpg

REIxD
05-28-2011, 12:08 AM
A man walks into a bar. Bar tender asks " what'll it be?" man says "Bin Laden pls". Bar tender goes "Bin Laden,....laden...laden,nope I don't know that drink. Whats in it?" man answers " 2 shots and a splash of water!"!!!!!!!!!

Womenbeshoppin
05-28-2011, 4:24 AM
years ago from a lung condition is the likely cause

H2O MAN
05-28-2011, 1:07 PM
I'm getting some good indications that it was an HK MP7 A1 (http://www.heckler-koch.de/HKWebText/detailProd/1926/81/4/20) that fired the Osama kill shots.

http://www.heckler-koch.de/media/Products/Submachine_guns/MP7A1_KeyVis.jpg

Code7inOaktown
08-01-2011, 5:04 PM
Hmm, HK416? Maybe not.

"...That night, he wore a shirt and trousers in Desert Digital Camouflage, and carried a silenced Sig Sauer P226 pistol, along with extra ammunition; a CamelBak, for hydration; and gel shots, for endurance. He held a short-barrel, silenced M4 rifle. (Others SEALs had chosen the Heckler & Koch MP7.) A “blowout kit,” for treating field trauma, was tucked into the small of James’s back. Stuffed into one of his pockets was a laminated gridded map of the compound. In another pocket was a booklet with photographs and physical descriptions of the people suspected of being inside. He wore a noise-cancelling headset, which blocked out nearly everything besides his heartbeat."

Read more http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2011/08/08/110808fa_fact_schmidle#ixzz1TpT5kVbD

llamatrnr
08-01-2011, 5:37 PM
Bin Laden's dead?

CK_32
08-01-2011, 5:39 PM
Who the f brought this thread back. It's been dead for like 3 months

NorCalK9.com
08-01-2011, 7:02 PM
An AK or a FAL wasn't used, we know that much.:43:

Not an Ak. Not a fal. And surely wasnt an Ar! Hk's rock binladen to sleep.

NorCalK9.com
08-01-2011, 7:04 PM
You know what kinda dog went in with the Seals? Not a gsd but a bonafide man eating belgian malinois. Btw I have knpv line mals for sale lol

ahren111
08-01-2011, 7:17 PM
http://cdn2.screenjunkies.com/wp-content/uploads/images/rambo-v.jpgi heard it was chuck norris
WHAT?!?!?! no way it was Rambo

Plisk
08-01-2011, 7:18 PM
My tin foil hat still points toward a health related death. Kidney or lungs.

UserM4
08-01-2011, 7:22 PM
I consistently see more HK haters than fanboys. It's like driving a Camry and hating on a guy in a BMW just because he drives a BMW. Seriously?

slick_711
08-01-2011, 7:29 PM
Who the f brought this thread back. It's been dead for like 3 months

inorite!

It was this genius right here
vvvv

Hmm, HK416? Maybe not.

Like Osama, this thread need not see the light of day again. :p

NorCalK9.com
08-01-2011, 7:41 PM
Dang I cant help but notice alot of you are very crotchetty. If someone wants to dicuss something and you dont like it dont read it! I think alot of you when youre showing off a pic of your ar ak sig or watever that has been talked about 10million times you dont complain but as soon as someone talks about something you dont wanna talk about your bashing like women folk in a hair salon. You dont like it dont read it

Maddog5150
08-01-2011, 8:43 PM
"I heard this!"
"I heard that"
"I heard it was my fanbois rifle!"
"Oh yeah! well it was MY fanbois rifle that killed him!"

This is probably what killed him in 2001
http://www.aviationnews.eu/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/JDAM-Laser.jpg

pacifico23
08-01-2011, 8:46 PM
Bare hands. Th seal used his pinky finger to make the holes. Trust me I would know I was there. I was the one giving the seals motivational help by rocking a getto blaster with the song "America F$*ck Yeah" blasting during the whole raid.

08-01-2011, 8:48 PM
Reliable source:

A friend of the cousin of the mother in law of a seal told that he used his pinky and it poked right through the eye and penetrated the skull.

08-01-2011, 9:00 PM
Bare hands. Th seal used his pinky finger to make the holes. Trust me I would know I was there. I was the one giving the seals motivational help by rocking a getto blaster with the song "America F$*ck Yeah" blasting during the whole raid.

You beat me by 2 seconds... just like how fast the pinky actions... :D

slick_711
08-01-2011, 10:17 PM
Dang I cant help but notice alot of you are very crotchetty. If someone wants to dicuss something and you dont like it dont read it! I think alot of you when youre showing off a pic of your ar ak sig or watever that has been talked about 10million times you dont complain but as soon as someone talks about something you dont wanna talk about your bashing like women folk in a hair salon. You dont like it dont read it

k.

;)

Mister BLASTEE
08-01-2011, 10:22 PM
Pics or it didn't happen!!!!

djleisure
08-01-2011, 10:28 PM
Well, that was an entertaining read. I'll put my vote in for a Kel-Tec SU-16B (the 'B' is for Badass!)

SureShot241
08-01-2011, 10:28 PM
I bet you a Ruger 10/22 ended his life.

llamatrnr
08-01-2011, 10:31 PM

That was you? :D

God Bless The Mauser
08-01-2011, 10:47 PM
http://cdn2.screenjunkies.com/wp-content/uploads/images/rambo-v.jpg
WHAT?!?!?! no way it was Rambo

That's true. If Chuck Norris wanted him dead he would have been dead a long time ago.

Sikhawk
08-02-2011, 2:00 PM
http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/9945/71948417.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/837/71948417.jpg/)

stormy_clothing
08-02-2011, 3:01 PM
That's true. If Chuck Norris wanted him dead he would have been dead a long time ago.

By dressing up as Mohammad and telling osama to suicide himself. Since no ones ever seen an image of Mohammad he dressed up like Mickey Mouse, and it worked like a charm. 1980's delta force tactics FTW!

Although it's miraculous that the Mossad said he was dead, the IDF said he was dead the CIA said he was probably dead back in 2001 and all of a sudden ratings dip for the prez and now he's dead.

Bush must have known that's why he didn't show up at ground zero after. Actually has anyone checked under Jr's bed out at his ranch because I'm thinking you might just find Saddam there too.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-P7LPQC4VL4M/Tb-oyAa7D4I/AAAAAAAAAUQ/RTwQqI6qUnY/s1600/226772_10150586979850215_873480214_18575375_793067 8_n.jpg

Maplewood
08-02-2011, 3:18 PM
Good link to the Funny or Die video of the Navy Seal that shot Bid Laden, it's hilarious!

The guy in the video is actually a Marine Corp Reservist Officer

"Riggle is currently a Lieutenant Colonel[4] in the United States Marine Corps Reserve and served in Liberia, Kosovo, and Afghanistan. He is currently a public affairs officer with the New York City Public Affairs unit and is a recipient of the Combat Action Ribbon.[5] Riggle joined the Marines in 1990 after getting his pilot's license, intending to become a Naval Aviator, but left flight school in order to pursue his comedy career.[6] He has referred to his military experiences on The Daily Show, often when acting as the show's "Military Analyst", publicly stating he could kill any other member of the show.[7]
In August 2007, Riggle went to Iraq to report for The Daily Show as well as to entertain the troops under the purview of the USO.[8]"

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/8e464776e6/the-navy-seal-who-killed-osama-bin-laden

mike_the_wino
08-02-2011, 3:23 PM
You know what kinda dog went in with the Seals? Not a gsd but a bonafide man eating belgian malinois.
Figured that from the get-go. When it absolutely, positively has to be bit...make it a Malinois!

Btw I have knpv line mals for sale lol
No thanks, those dogs need 10 acres and a personal trainer. Too f-ing smart for a four legged beast. :D

bomb_on_bus
08-02-2011, 8:22 PM
http://www.instructables.com/files/deriv/F70/WPYU/FJXP7ZLK/F70WPYUFJXP7ZLK.MEDIUM.jpg

I heard he was taken out by one of these from a roof top.

hkuspc40
08-02-2011, 9:49 PM
In-depth story as to what happened that night and how the seals got OBL. A Sig was also in the room. :).
Enjoy: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2021260/Osama-Bin-Laden-Full-details-raid-catch-Al-Qaeda-leader-know-SEALs-identity.html

MrPlink
08-02-2011, 11:00 PM
In-depth story as to what happened that night and how the seals got OBL. A Sig was also in the room. :).
Enjoy: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2021260/Osama-Bin-Laden-Full-details-raid-catch-Al-Qaeda-leader-know-SEALs-identity.html

the daily mail?

Did the enquirer not have an online article up?

winxp_man
08-02-2011, 11:51 PM
I think his disease problem killed him. :)

Centurion_D
08-03-2011, 12:09 AM

Hmmm..if we are to go by this article then it was a silenced M4 that did OBL in!

patriot_man
08-03-2011, 1:20 AM
HK416 in a 10.4 inch barrel loaded with a 77gr MK262 Mod 1.

A standard DEVGRU assault kit consists of the HK MP7A1, HK416 w/ AAC can, HK45CT, P226R and P239. My money is on the HK416.

kace
08-03-2011, 8:03 AM
I still don't get why we sent in a bunch of 300lb animals with whiskers and flippers to do the job when we could have sent in Marines or something.

How did they get their damn flippers around the trigger?

Uxi
08-03-2011, 8:39 AM
http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2011/08/08/110808fa_fact_schmidle

says once in the chest and and as he was falling, once in the head.

A second SEAL stepped into the room and trained the infrared laser of his M4 on bin Laden’s chest. ... The first round, a 5.56-mm. bullet, struck bin Laden in the chest. As he fell backward, the SEAL fired a second round into his head, just above his left eye. On his radio, he reported, “For God and country—Geronimo, Geronimo, Geronimo.” After a pause, he added, “Geronimo E.K.I.A.”—“enemy killed in action.”

Article isn't consistent, though. It says one SEAL had an M4 while the rest had MP7. But later on seems to imply another one had an "M4", unless that was their way of identifying the shooter.

omgwtfbbq
08-03-2011, 9:13 AM
http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2011/08/08/110808fa_fact_schmidle

says once in the chest and and as he was falling, once in the head.

Article isn't consistent, though. It says one SEAL had an M4 while the rest had MP7. But later on seems to imply another one had an "M4", unless that was their way of identifying the shooter.

Previously mentioned a member noted that SEAL teams typically carry an assault carbine as well as an MP7. The real question is whether the author simply generalized "M4" as an AR pattern, carbine length rifle, and possibly misidentified the HK416, or if the SEAL was actually using an M4. Could go either way, and frankly, I don't think it really matters to split hairs at that point... fairly similar rifles, forgiving the gas system.

Uxi
08-03-2011, 9:39 AM
The real question is whether the author simply generalized "M4" as an AR pattern, carbine length rifle, and possibly misidentified the HK416, or if the SEAL was actually using an M4.

Page one says "a short-barrel, silenced M4 rifle."

Could go either way, and frankly, I don't think it really matters to split hairs at that point... fairly similar rifles, forgiving the gas system.

Agreed.

INDABZ
08-03-2011, 10:00 AM
Heard it was a SIG.......

But dead is dead.....:D

stormy_clothing
08-03-2011, 10:38 AM
I still don't get why we sent in a bunch of 300lb animals with whiskers and flippers to do the job when we could have sent in Marines or something.

How did they get their damn flippers around the trigger?

2 words "stealth helicopter"

http://www.devilshopyard.com/images/satellite/government/stealth_black_hawk.gif

Plus the marines don't really have the same level of an elite unit capable of these kinds of stealth mission with this kind of secret tech.

They probably would have sent in the detla force had they not gone on the history channel and convinced people the government stopped us from getting him in 01 when they had him cornered in Pakistan.

It was the 416 but what I'd be interested in is whether it was equipped with a burst mode. On other rifles this allows for a 2 shot burst at 1800 rpm basically putting the first two shots into the same hole to defeat armor ect.