PDA

View Full Version : A/R Stock Help

VetteBill
05-18-2011, 2:41 AM
Just wondering what you guys recommend as a good choice for an adjustable stock for an AR.

jshoebot
05-18-2011, 2:43 AM
Vltor emod or imod. Also, any of the Magpul stocks are good. I had a Magpul CTR for a while and it was nice. The BEST adjustable stock (in my opinion) is the LMT sopmod. It's a little more pricey, but a sturdier adjustable stock you will not find.

CrossedRifles
05-18-2011, 2:53 AM
I used to have a VLTOR EMOD. Very comfortable and had a nice cheek weld. But it wasn't rock solid, which was a turnoff. It had this tiny wobble, that made my posture feel odd.

Then I switched to a MagPul CTR, with the friction, zero wobble. I guess it's mainly just preference. Most people don't mind the wobble, but it bugs the hell out of me.

jshoebot
05-18-2011, 3:16 AM
Then I switched to a MagPul CTR, with the friction, zero wobble. I guess it's mainly just preference. Most people don't mind the wobble, but it bugs the hell out of me.

I had the exact opposite experience. My CTR wobble even with the friction lock, but my EMOD is great with no wobble. Luck of the draw I guess. :shrug:

The LMT SOPMOD is the only adjustable stock I've ever seen with no wobble at all, no matter whose rifle it was on. I just can't afford it.

missiontrails
05-18-2011, 6:20 AM
Ya, the one I have for sale in the forums... The SOPMOD. Really, VLTOR IMOD and LMT SOPMODS are my personal favorite... http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=431822

Droppin Deuces
05-18-2011, 6:27 AM
The standard LMT gen2 stock is also nice and solid like the SOPMOD, except it's only $55. Perfect if you don't want a big fat stock in your face, or don't want to pay Magpul $90 just to get a stock that doesn't wobble.

rareair
05-18-2011, 6:28 AM
I'm partial to MagPul, but haven't tried Vltor

rainmaker73
05-18-2011, 6:34 AM
PRS

Wicked K5
05-18-2011, 7:50 AM
I was at Riflegear a couple weeks ago and handled a rifle with an LMT SOPMOD and was pleasantly surprised at how solid it was. ZERO slop/wobble and collapsed/extended buttery smooth. I wish I had the funds to replace my MOE (which has some wobble) with one.

VetteBill
05-19-2011, 3:37 AM
I do not like wobble in any stock

jshoebot
05-19-2011, 3:44 AM
I'd avoid the Magpul stuff if you don't like wobble. I had a CTR, and it had wobble even with the friction-lock locked down. All my friends that have CTR's and MOE's have wobble. Go for an LMT or a Vltor.