PDA

View Full Version : $77.00 lowers~!!!

JPglee1
12-04-2006, 5:39 PM
$77.00 for the lower, plus $11.00 shipping according to their webpage!

Anyone know if they will ship to Califas?? Its gotta be "too good to be true"

http://www.essentialarms.com/forged%20lower%20trio.jpg
www.essentialarms.com

JP

P.S. No I aint be workin for them, fool. lol :p

Stanze
12-04-2006, 5:44 PM
Been posted before. They're CA friendly.:) Some people took issue with the FRIGGIN' HUGE 'SAFE' and 'FIRE' roll marks, but they should be go to go.

Joe
12-04-2006, 5:44 PM
Yes, I just saw a thread on here where a person bought three.

JPglee1
12-04-2006, 5:46 PM
Been posted before. They're CA friendly.:) Some people took issue with the FRIGGIN' HUGE 'SAFE' and 'FIRE' roll marks, but they should be go to go.

Yah, I'm not one for "search" usually hahahaha.

As for the "safe and fire" rollmarks... fill them in with JB weld or some other similar epoxy. Thats what I'd do. Or just leave it and shoot it :D :cool:

J

M. Sage
12-04-2006, 6:05 PM
Or just leave it and shoot it :D :cool:

J

Heh, I'm not looking at the roll marks when I'm shooting. :D

mr2.0
12-04-2006, 6:10 PM
Great deal, will order tomorrow :D

The Professional
12-04-2006, 6:12 PM
$77.00 for the lower, plus $11.00 shipping according to their webpage!

Anyone know if they will ship to Califas?? Its gotta be "too good to be true"

http://www.essentialarms.com/forged%20lower%20trio.jpg
www.essentialarms.com

JP

P.S. No I aint be workin for them, fool. lol :p

Awesome price there... Thanks JPGlee!:cool:

Harbinger
12-04-2006, 6:17 PM
Heh, I'm not looking at the roll marks when I'm shooting. :D

Haha... yeah, look at us. We've become roll-mark snobs!

Mike ;-)

Adrian
12-04-2006, 7:47 PM
Nice im going to order 3 ! Build something for everybody in the family!:)

triggerhappy
12-05-2006, 6:58 AM
So how does this work? I mean, the guys at my local gun shop are great guys, but, umm, well, could it cause problems purchasing these?

Can I just get the receivers, do the dros, etc, and wait the ten days, go in, get bring em home sans hassle?

I've poo-pooed the .223 long enough, I think it's time I stop being a caliber snob, and if it's not going to be a hassle (and a Californistan DOJ hassle is never a small thing), then I'd certainly like to give these a try-even with that SAFE/FIRE thing, lol.

Also, how do you do the transfer (I just realized how nice it is to live in a free country, gad)? Do you call the FFL and set it up first, or what? There's alot of great deals out there that I seem to be missing out on, and if I can figure this out, that'd be sweet!

One last thing; Is $100.00 the going rate for a transfer, or is this too much?

Stanze
12-05-2006, 7:30 AM
So how does this work? I mean, the guys at my local gun shop are great guys, but, umm, well, could it cause problems purchasing these?

Can I just get the receivers, do the dros, etc, and wait the ten days, go in, get bring em home sans hassle?

I've poo-pooed the .223 long enough, I think it's time I stop being a caliber snob, and if it's not going to be a hassle (and a Californistan DOJ hassle is never a small thing), then I'd certainly like to give these a try-even with that SAFE/FIRE thing, lol.

Also, how do you do the transfer (I just realized how nice it is to live in a free country, gad)? Do you call the FFL and set it up first, or what? There's alot of great deals out there that I seem to be missing out on, and if I can figure this out, that'd be sweet!

One last thing; Is $100.00 the going rate for a transfer, or is this too much?

:)

A dealer can charge whatever he wants, but $100.00 is way too much for a transfer especially when most others do it for 50 bucks or less!

Either call the FFL and ask if he will transfer a OLL to you, or state your location and somehere here will point you in the right direction to a OLL friendly FFL.

M14Gunman
12-05-2006, 7:34 AM
Hey, 10%...

Do you plan on stocking any of these??

Sydwaiz
12-05-2006, 9:51 AM
Well, if we are still good to go after the 1st of the year, I think I'll get a few of these just to use as bookends or business card holders! I still have 2 other lowers waiting to be built.

tenpercentfirearms
12-05-2006, 11:08 AM
Hey, 10%...

Do you plan on stocking any of these??
Probably not. I heard they weren't the best quality, but I haven't seen one myself. Plus if I stock them, I am going to add in a huge mark up.

Just remember, you generally get what you pay for in the AR business. So when JPGlee says it sounds too good to be true, it might be. I would like to see someone order one in on a transfer so I could check it out. M14gunman that sounds like a good thing for you to do.

TonyNorCal
12-05-2006, 11:12 AM
I've no experience with the Essentials and they might be terrific. But I'd just pay the extra 25 bucks and get a known quantity like a Stag from DDs Ranch.

Fjold
12-05-2006, 11:34 AM
Probably not. I heard they weren't the best quality, but I haven't seen one myself. Plus if I stock them, I am going to add in a huge mark up.

Just remember, you generally get what you pay for in the AR business. So when JPGlee says it sounds too good to be true, it might be. I would like to see someone order one in on a transfer so I could check it out. M14gunman that sounds like a good thing for you to do.

Forego the huge markup and I'll order one. I'll even let you examine it for 10 days at no charge before I pick it up.

acegunnr
12-05-2006, 11:37 AM
I've no experience with the Essentials and they might be terrific. But I'd just pay the extra 25 bucks and get a known quantity like a Stag from DDs Ranch.

I just ordered a Superior Arms Lower from DDS ranch. $89 with free shipping.

Fjold
12-05-2006, 11:54 AM

But they don't come in blue and green. How do you color coordinate? Black is just not a summer color.

JPglee1
12-05-2006, 12:03 PM
Plus if I stock them, I am going to add in a huge mark up. .

Why not stock them and let people get a super cheap option?

My local FFL said he'll carry them and since I initiated the deal he's gonna wave his fee on my first lower I buy.

Puts me at $117.00 out the door... Not bad :D I'm gonna order one and see how good it works. I could give a crap how it LOOKS as long as it WORKS.

JP

JPglee1
12-05-2006, 12:05 PM

I think they probably make a great product.

I talked to Vaughn over at Essential. He said they offer them so cheap because they buy 100s of forgings at a time and run them to completion on their own in-house CNC machines.

Im gonna be getting at least 1 so I'll let y'all know.

I wish someone would hurry up and buy my SKS already... Im about to lower the price to $200, lol

JP

Solidsnake87
12-05-2006, 4:17 PM
Essential arms looks to be great stuff. I pick up 3 EE lowers next monday. I can post pics if ppl want. I posted about essential arms a few days ago. just FYI.

TMC
12-05-2006, 4:23 PM
Yes, I just saw a thread on here where a person bought three.

Hey, I resemble that remark!

one of each color

triggerhappy
12-05-2006, 6:43 PM
A dealer can charge whatever he wants, but $100.00 is way too much for a transfer especially when most others do it for 50 bucks or less!

Either call the FFL and ask if he will transfer a OLL to you, or state your location and somehere here will point you in the right direction to a OLL friendly FFL.

Man, that'd save a bundle. Oh, I'm located near Monterey, so the closest shop is in Salinas. There's a big 5 nearby, but I seriously doubt the do transfers.

Lambchop
12-05-2006, 7:46 PM
A friend of mine bought 2 of those lowers. He put a rock river upper on it and it works great. I installed the LPK for him and noticed no difference between his and my lauer, stag or lar. From what I understand there are only a couple of people that make the forgings for everyone...I dotn see how a roll mark or brand name could make the chunk of aluminum any better.

xenophobe
12-06-2006, 2:27 AM
Not impressed by Essential Arms receivers. Definitely better than a Vulcan though.

Whitesmoke
12-06-2006, 3:39 AM

Wes...if you'll transfer them for me (without a huge markup..lol)......I'll order one for each of my kids (3) and have them sent to you. I need some LPK's and and stuff from you anyways...and I could drop a LPK in right there and we could try it out.:D

I'm serious...let me know if your willing to do it. I won't hold it against you if you say no though......

Dr. Peter Venkman
12-06-2006, 4:20 AM
Which lower is the one that has Legal and Felony as the selector switch? That made me lol enough to want to build my own AR, and I hate ARs.

tenpercentfirearms
12-06-2006, 5:33 AM
guns@tenpecentfirearms.com

PIRATE14
12-06-2006, 7:28 AM
Not impressed by Essential Arms receivers. Definitely better than a Vulcan though.

This thread gets kicked around every few months......EA recievers aren't the nicest ones out there but they'll prob work if you really need one, he's had these rcvrs for years but no one has bought them but if you guys in CALI want'em...........go for it:D

xrMike
12-06-2006, 7:47 AM
Oh, I'm located near Monterey, so the closest shop is in Salinas.Trigger Hill! (i drop in there on my way to Laguna Seca sometimes)

JPglee1
12-06-2006, 7:58 AM
This thread gets kicked around every few months......EA recievers aren't the nicest ones out there but they'll prob work if you really need one, he's had these rcvrs for years but no one has bought them but if you guys in CALI want'em...........go for it:D

OK so what makes a receiver "Nice" or not, besides some cosmetic mumbo jumbo BS that doesn't really equate to HOW the rifle works???

I mean Ive finished 80% lowers that were crooked and the gun still works, how bad can these Essential Ones be???

I get the feeling people don't like them, because they aren't "cool" looking, they are just plain and get the job done. Exactly what I want out of a lower receiver :D

J

PIRATE14
12-06-2006, 9:31 AM
OK so what makes a receiver "Nice" or not, besides some cosmetic mumbo jumbo BS that doesn't really equate to HOW the rifle works???

I mean Ive finished 80% lowers that were crooked and the gun still works, how bad can these Essential Ones be???

I get the feeling people don't like them, because they aren't "cool" looking, they are just plain and get the job done. Exactly what I want out of a lower receiver :D

J

Well that's my point exactly if you like your crooked 80% builds, you'll love the EA rcvrs, they will provide function over form.....you know some of us have to maintain the tacticool look.......:cool:

If you dealt w/ as many people as I have....some guys get pretty upset over the slightest nick or the lower color doesn't match the upper.....etc.

If you don't have these issues go for it:D

cornholio1
12-06-2006, 9:39 AM

J

JP..were the 80%'s crooked to begin with? It wasn't KT was it?

JPglee1
12-06-2006, 12:21 PM
JP..were the 80%'s crooked to begin with? It wasn't KT was it?

I hand-tapped the buffer threads with no guide...got it slightly crooked. Stock has to be clocked at "7 oclock" or so to make it run 100% right.

Nothing of the fault of the 80% lower.

I believe its a Tannery....

I have another thats un finished, I'm waiting till I have access to a lathe or some kind of jig to tap it correctly....

JP

JPglee1
12-06-2006, 12:27 PM
some guys get pretty upset over the slightest nick or the lower color doesn't match the upper:D

Yah...friggen mall ninjas...

It must drive you guys nutz. When I get a new gun, I throw it on the ground first time I shoot it, just to make sure its nice and nicked up :D

Some people shouldn't be allowed to own firearms if they are the kinda "sissy" that makes a big deal over some colors being mismatched or something else that doesn't REALLY affect the function of the weapon.

ITs a DEFENSIVE/OFFENSIVE TOOL not a fuggin ferarri...sheesh.

I'd understand (well not really) on a $10K trap shotgun, or something similar, but on a $77.00 lower receiver... GET OVER IT..>GO SHOOTING!

JP

Sydwaiz
12-06-2006, 12:50 PM
Nothing a rattle can can't fix! If the takedown pins on these line up better than my Stag, I'll be happy. I camo'd my Stag before I even shot it so you can see I'm not really worried about the finish. I do want one of the green ones though.

M14Gunman
12-06-2006, 3:21 PM
M14gunman that sounds like a good thing for you to do.

How much would you charge me to do the transfer?

triggerhappy
12-08-2006, 5:43 PM
That's the one. Ron is usually the one I deal with. He may end up as a raving alchoholic as a result, though. :)