PDA

View Full Version : Rhineland Arms - Help

slowjonn
12-04-2006, 6:01 PM
I bought a Rhineland R22 from one of the forum members. The rifle was in new/ unused condition. Long story short, it had many problems, including a double feed that resulted in one of the 22 casings being lodged in the barrel that could not be removed (like it was swaged to the bore). I called and talked to Rhineland. They told me to send it in for repair. I did.

That was about a month and a half ago. I have tried to call - there is a recording that says they are not accepting calls now. I sent a few emails - the first of which I got a reply stating that it would be another two weeks for the work to be done. That was four weeks ago. Subsequent emails have been unreturned.

I just went to their website to send another email and noticed that they no longer have the R22 (or any firearms) listed for sale.

They have my rifle but it looks like they are tanking as a business. Any thoughts on what to do to get my rifle back?:confused:

Okami
12-04-2006, 6:03 PM
Hope that this does not go the way of the Krinker plinker!:(
Good luck Bro!

KRINKER PLINKER!:eek:

donger
12-04-2006, 6:16 PM
It looks like they're upgrading some stuff and have also had equipment failures.

From their website:

"Due to the very high call volume we can not keep up with the phone. Please place orders for stocks with one of our retailers or by fax only if ordering directly, we are looking at 2-3 weeks to filling all orders.
We experienced a major machine failure in October and all items are behind schedule by 2-3 weeks, we are working to catch up by mid to late November."

The Rhineland R22 has been in the back of my mind for some time now. But I've never pulled the trigger on a purchase because of the many problems I've read about the rifle.

Good luck and just give them a little more time to catch up.

xenophobe
12-04-2006, 6:20 PM
R22 = Nothing but problems.

6172crew
12-04-2006, 7:06 PM
R22 = Nothing but problems.
Mine works 99% of the time, it doesnt like the one Eagle hi-cap mag but other than that she is a great little rifle.

I have never had to trouble shoot mine so Im no help with that but I can bring mine to the range and we can compare...I also have a bunch a 10/22 mags to help see if thats the problem.

Mine was the second batch made but they sent me another one not knowing I laready had one so I let my dealer sell it and i heard that one was having problems which should go back to the factory until she works 100%.

gunrun45
12-04-2006, 10:10 PM
I bought one about a year ago. After working through breaking in 2 mags it functioned fine as long as I used cleaner ammo that was of higher velocity. It was really a cool little gun with excellent fit and finish. I just wish they made a bolt hold open device and longer charging handle.

jumbopanda
12-04-2006, 10:13 PM
Hope that this does not go the way of the Krinker plinker!:(
Good luck Bro!

KRINKER PLINKER!:eek:

KRINKER PLINKER!!!

I've also heard bad things about the R22, although I don't own one. Good luck with yours.

sierratangofoxtrotunion
12-04-2006, 10:17 PM
Mine ran 100% AFTER I replaced the extractor. But mine was pretty early production. It's been running fine ever since up until the barrel nut loosened up on me. Gotta figure out a way to do that.

slowjonn
12-05-2006, 7:08 AM
Got an e-mail late yesterday. They said I should have my rifle back "any day". We'll see. I love the looks of the thing, but I hate that it does'nt run right. Had they come out with the 10/22 stock prior to my purchase, I would have gone that route. Still might. Anyone wanna buy a slightly used, almost fixed R22 to help cover my stock purchase?:D

sierratangofoxtrotunion
12-05-2006, 8:41 AM
Got an e-mail late yesterday. They said I should have my rifle back "any day". We'll see. I love the looks of the thing, but I hate that it does'nt run right. Had they come out with the 10/22 stock prior to my purchase, I would have gone that route. Still might. Anyone wanna buy a slightly used, almost fixed R22 to help cover my stock purchase?:D
I would consider it, but I'm saving my money for something else right now. Rhineland is always slow in getting the job done, I think Thomas should really hire a local high school girl to run the phones and email for him, and then he can concentrate on getting the product out. It's a small shop, like only one or two guys. Even if he works as a one-man assembly line, he should be able to get 100 rifles out a month easily. The design is finished, after all. I donno, maybe he has more demand for his product than that.