PDA

View Full Version : Star Model B (local transfer), M38 barreled action for sale.

mike100
12-04-2006, 4:52 PM
$95 ...San Marcos Ca. Two magazines and a leather flap holster . the fees are going to be a big part of this purchase that the buyer will pay, therefore the gun is cheap. It is one of those eastern block refurbs that Turners sold a few months back. the date code on the frame is 1943.

It is fairly accurate when the bushing tight, but misfeeds if you don't download the mags to 5 or 6 rounds. the bluing is ugly. This would make an excellent parts gun for someone with a pretty star or a project for those who don't. I really like the gun ergonomically, but I need a modern gun, not a milsurp pistol.

I don't believe I'm going to be inclined to do anything except local transfers at a shop in san diego or north Co. If you want to feed it, I'm willing to meet for shooting at Iron sights in O'side or at EF&G range at lake wolford since I'm there once a week usually anyhow.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c265/mschrameck/gun%20stuff/throwaway.jpg

hylander
12-04-2006, 4:59 PM
Man if you were near Sac and it wasn't Christmas,
I'd be all over this thing like a Bum on a Bologna Sandwhich.

mike100
12-04-2006, 5:03 PM
Lunch money or ammo trades for an 03 C&R guy who can take this away without having to transfer at a shop. The stock is still on it if you insist on wasting 7.62x54r ammo at a range test.

the good:
doesn't keyhole.
dirt cheap- I don't want to de-mill it and throw it out.
I already cleaned off all the cosmolene

The bad:
crappy dark bore,
1943 wartime build quality,
heavy trigger.
accuracy is not a word I'd use anywhere in this ad.
The wood is lovely, but I kept it for a sporter project.

pic with the bubbed stock on top (m44 not for sale- tack driver).

Stock is NOT included.
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c265/mschrameck/gun%20stuff/milsurps/DSC01329.jpg

FNC80
12-04-2006, 5:24 PM
Do you know if they'll do transfers at the range?

Thanks.

FNC80
12-04-2006, 5:29 PM
Check your IM. I'll take the Star.

NeoWeird
12-04-2006, 5:30 PM
Lunch money or ammo trades for an 03 C&R guy who can take this away without having to transfer at a shop. The stock is still on it if you insist on wasting 7.62x54r ammo at a range test.

the good:
doesn't keyhole.
dirt cheap- I don't want to de-mill it and throw it out.
I already cleaned off all the cosmolene

The bad:
crappy dark bore,
1943 wartime build quality,
heavy trigger.
accuracy is not a word I'd use anywhere in this ad.
The wood is lovely, but I kept it for a sporter project.

pic with the bubbed stock on top (m44 not for sale- tack driver).

Stock is NOT included.
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c265/mschrameck/gun%20stuff/milsurps/DSC01329.jpg

Might be interested.

PM me the details, like price.

mike100
12-04-2006, 6:39 PM
Star B pistol is sold pending inspection...

M. Sage
12-04-2006, 6:58 PM
Can't C&R long guns be transferred face-to-face without running DROS, etc? Even without an FFL03?

mike100
12-04-2006, 7:08 PM
yeah..I 've been hearing that here..school me..if it is legit (ca legal citations please) I'll dump it on whoever wants it I guess.

NeoWeird
12-04-2006, 8:07 PM
I was going to look for the exact code, but then I remember the FAQs have it addressed. This is the 'Public' FAQ from the DOJ:

http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/pubfaqs.php

Check question 14:

I want to sell a gun to another person, i.e., a private party transfer. Am I required to conduct the transaction through a licensed California firearms dealer?

Yes. Firearm sales must be conducted through a fully licensed California firearms dealer. Failure to do so is a violation of California law. The buyer (and seller, in the event that the; buyer is denied), must meet the normal firearm purchase and delivery requirements. "Antique firearms," as defined in Section 921(a)(16) of Title 18 of the United States Code, and curio or relic rifles/shotguns, defined in Section 178.11 of Title 27 of the Code of Federal Regulations that are over 50 years old, are exempt from this requirement.

ETA: So since the rifle is 50+ years or older it is ok for PPT without a dealer. The handgun though, even though 50+ years or older is still required to go through an FFL as the exemption only applies to rifles and shotguns.

mike100
12-04-2006, 8:17 PM
M38 sold pending funds..

thanks neo for the FAQ link...

Pryde
12-05-2006, 1:28 AM
If FNC doesn't want it, I will take it, no questions asked!

I have a star that is non-functioning and I badly need replacement parts for it to get it running.