PDA

View Full Version : #$%&#* Ups!!!

chiefcrash
12-04-2006, 11:49 AM
So i ordered a M1 Garand from the Garand Guy (www.garandguy.com). It was shipped out on November 21st. The UPS tracking data show it as never being picked up, and the garand guy has reported it to UPS as missing....

Aluisious
12-04-2006, 11:51 AM
What did he do, leave a gun sitting outside all morning for whoever wanted to come along and snap it up?

He won't be in business for long.

chiefcrash
12-04-2006, 11:56 AM
What did he do, leave a gun sitting outside all morning for whoever wanted to come along and snap it up?

He won't be in business for long.

no, he has a UPS guy come in to the warehouse to pickup/dropoff stuff every day. He said that this isn't the first time that they delivered something through without taking the "pickup scan". usually just screws with the information on the tracking screen, but otherwise no problems...

obviously in this case, something else has occured. But i got a feeling that this guy's gonna do right by me. He's been in communication with me, and he put in the lost package claim to UPS

and, if he doesn't get it all sorted out, i can always get a charge back on the credit card

chickenfried
12-04-2006, 11:57 AM
I feel for you. :mad: Hopefully this has a happy resolution.
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=42269&highlight=ups

chiefcrash
12-04-2006, 12:02 PM
I feel for you. :mad: Hopefully this has a happy resolution.
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=42269&highlight=ups

well, i know my bank, and i've heard the reputation on this guy. I got a gut feeling that it's gonna boil down to a bit longer of a wait, and i'll get a rifle (either a new one, or the "lost" one).

worst case: i get my money back. USAA will be more than happy to issue a charge back

VeryCoolCat
12-04-2006, 12:08 PM
"UPS" is the sound they make when they drop your package :D

Don't worry theres still a chance it'll be delivered. Could be backed up from the holiday or the UPS driver wanted to try it before delivering it to you but still has intentions of delivering it.

It was insured so you will get you're money back.

I don't reccomend charging back until everything goes seriously wrong.

NJ - CA BY UPS GROUND takes at LEAST 1 week.

chiefcrash
12-04-2006, 12:22 PM
"UPS" is the sound they make when they drop your package :D

Don't worry theres still a chance it'll be delivered. Could be backed up from the holiday or the UPS driver wanted to try it before delivering it to you but still has intentions of delivering it.

It was insured so you will get you're money back.

I don't reccomend charging back until everything goes seriously wrong.

NJ - CA BY UPS GROUND takes at LEAST 1 week.

yea, a charge back is only gonna happen if the seller say "well, yer screwed" and UPS says "it ain't here"

ground takes a week, this is true. It's been two and the package has apparently never been scanned, so i'm a little nervous...

Blacktail 8541
12-04-2006, 1:26 PM
If you do end up haveing to do a charge back, don't let it go over 60 days or you are SOL. Don't ask how I know. I got roaly s****ED.

eckerph
12-04-2006, 1:27 PM
USAA are good people, Im sure theyll help you out.

6172crew
12-04-2006, 1:43 PM
USAA are good people, Im sure theyll help you out.
+1, USAA are good to go..one of the best things I didnt while serving was to signup with them.:)