PDA

View Full Version : San Diego AR builders, look.

Bullwinkle
05-17-2011, 9:47 AM
This Saturday, Discount Gun Mart (Morena Blvd) has JD Machine lowers for $99.99! A great starting platform for a new build.

See http://static.zoovy.com/merchant/discountgunmart/Sig_Sale.pdf (toward the bottom after the Sig stuff).

762.DEFENSE
05-17-2011, 9:54 AM
Good looking out. Probably should be advertised in the marketplace though. I'll be in SD this weekend for work, ill check em out.

missiontrails
05-17-2011, 10:19 AM
This Saturday, Discount Gun Mart (Morena Blvd) has JD Machine lowers for $99.99! A great starting platform for a new build.

See http://static.zoovy.com/merchant/discountgunmart/Sig_Sale.pdf (toward the bottom after the Sig stuff).

Ya, Discount Gun Mart also has 20 round boxes of basic XM193F for $13.99!!! No need. Parallax has Aero Precision lowers every day for $89, Aero also makes Spikes..... and the Aero's have what seems to be twice the finish durability of the JD's... I have a hard time believing that JD uses Type III hardcoat.. Oh ya, if the Federal brown box for $13.99 is too much, pick up a few boxes of PMC Bronze .223 for $9.99... lmao.

The DRis
05-17-2011, 10:44 AM
Ya, Discount Gun Mart also has 20 round boxes of basic XM193F for $13.99!!! No need. Parallax has Aero Precision lowers every day for $89, Aero also makes Spikes..... and the Aero's have what seems to be twice the finish durability of the JD's... I have a hard time believing that JD uses Type III hardcoat.. Oh ya, if the Federal brown box for $13.99 is too much, pick up a few boxes of PMC Bronze .223 for $9.99... lmao.

+1

I understand JD is a Cali company, but I've seen and heard of too many finish issues with their lowers. I don't care if they machine Noveske's lowers, the finishes between the two cannot even be compared.

BigfootHunter
05-17-2011, 10:46 AM
hmmph, I've got numerous JD lowers (even a Calguns version) and I don't have any finish issues. What type of issues are you guys talking about?

The DRis
05-17-2011, 10:50 AM
hmmph, I've got numerous JD lowers (even a Calguns version) and I don't have any finish issues. What type of issues are you guys talking about?

The finish flaking off around the trigger pin holes, as well as a couple other areas.

BigfootHunter
05-17-2011, 10:58 AM
Oh ok, i thought you were talking about something a little more serious than that.

missiontrails
05-17-2011, 10:59 AM

I'm not talking about flaking off, I'm talking about it being WEAK in general. The flattop upper picatinny, bumps, bruises, edges, areas around roll pin holes, pivot pin lug...... just weak. Not like Mega, CMMG, Colt, Aero, Stag, to name a few.... Kaiser's were even worse.

rareair
05-17-2011, 3:46 PM
I've had no issues with the finish on any of my JD lowers, but then again I don't hit them with tools or drop them on the ground ;)

missiontrails
05-17-2011, 4:06 PM
+1

I understand JD is a Cali company, but I've seen and heard of too many finish issues with their lowers. I don't care if they machine Noveske's lowers, the finishes between the two cannot even be compared.

That's because Noveske is more careful about who he chooses for his anodizing.