PDA

View Full Version : Question for you CDCr guys.

medicdude
05-17-2011, 8:10 AM
After the academy, do you get to choose a facility to work in, or is it similar to CHP and they can send you wherever they need you? I don't mind driving 75-100 miles for work, but I cant pick up and move to Socal or anything right now. Thanks for your help!

FailedAngrMgmt
05-17-2011, 2:58 PM
unless somethings changed, you dont get accepted into the academy until you get assigned to a facility. you pick 3 facilities you want to work at. they have a list of what facilities need people the most, if you picked one on their list, you get it, if not, they offer you a facility they need people at, if you deny 3 offers, your done.

Warhawk014
05-17-2011, 11:24 PM
unless somethings changed, you dont get accepted into the academy until you get assigned to a facility. you pick 3 facilities you want to work at. they have a list of what facilities need people the most, if you picked one on their list, you get it, if not, they offer you a facility they need people at, if you deny 3 offers, your done.

Yeah what he said

medicdude
05-18-2011, 12:02 PM
10-4.
I actually filled out the pre-application questionnaire, and facility choices were included. Thanks guys, I just needed to do it!

DP1035
05-25-2011, 12:10 AM
Goodluck, they are mainly hiring for high desert in susanville, tehachapi, pelican bay. You won't get anything in so cal and don't expect a transfer in the future it really is a drag.

ImpCoDude
06-01-2011, 2:05 AM
I have been with the dep. for many years (non peace officer) and just completed the academy last month, now I'm sworn. They are always hiring throughout the state although the more populated (and popular) area prisons are full more often. Expect for the pre hiring process to take at least 10 months and often times more. Then you will be contacted if there are vacancies at one of the prisons you selected or you may be offered a prison you didn't select if they are hard up there. If you accept an offer you will be agreeing to word at that specific prison so make sure you are willing to work in that area for at least a few years. Good luck and let me know if you have further questions.