PDA

View Full Version : Finally finished

pwnage
05-17-2011, 7:52 AM
After many weeks of waiting I have finally completed my new AR. And it is a thing of beauty.

In the process of building I noticed two things about the firing group that seemed a little off. While performing a function test on my completed lower I noticed that the trigger didn't seem to go back as far as in other ARs that I have shot (I mean the trigger touching the back of the lower), however the lower passed the function test in regards to the hammer being released when the trigger was depressed. Am I imagining things?

The other thing that I noticed is when I held down the trigger and cocked the hammer, then released the trigger the trigger would become stuck in the back position and not return to the ready to fire position without a little nudge forward. The DD LPK kit I used had two springs (the bolt catch and the disconnector spring) that looked very similar. One was green (used in the disconnector) and the other just plain metal (used for the bolt catch). I followed the instructions and tried to match the springs to the parts list but I fear that I may have gotten those springs mixed up. Would that cause this or is it normal before a break in period?

straykiller
05-17-2011, 7:54 AM
:useless:

mlevans66
05-17-2011, 8:15 AM
:useless:

Agree!

pwnage
05-17-2011, 8:25 AM
I would but I don't need another internet account. :P If there were a better way of posting a pic I would.

SixPointEight
05-17-2011, 8:26 AM
you can attach them directly to the post, otherwise this truly is a worthless thread.

The trigger issue, don't worry about it "not going back as far" different triggers are different.

AS for the not resetting...something just ain't right boy. That's not normal.

pwnage
05-17-2011, 8:42 AM

pwnage
05-17-2011, 8:45 AM
The trigger not resetting is very intermittent. I don't know if that helps in the diagnostic process at all. I tend to think that I might be doing something wrong in the function test. *shrugs*

762.DEFENSE
05-17-2011, 8:48 AM
Missing your trigger guard suckah.

pwnage
05-17-2011, 8:50 AM
*laughs* I know. I'm putting that on tonight. It's one of the polymer Magpul trigger guards that came with the DD LPK.

Nate87
05-17-2011, 8:58 AM
I dont know what it is, but maybe something is wrong with me because every time I see an "A" frame front sight post with bayonet lug, I always want to affix my bayonet to it and do a foward thrust or slash into something/someone. Nice rifle BTW :)

Bigbird19
05-17-2011, 10:20 AM
I dont know what it is, but maybe something is wrong with me because every time I see an "A" frame front sight post with bayonet lug, I always want to affix my bayonet to it and do a foward thrust or slash into something/someone. Nice rifle BTW :)

Not letting you hold my gun....

pwnage
05-18-2011, 7:31 AM
I did another function test and everything tests out fine now. I suppose that I was the cause of the issue. :/

mlevans66
05-18-2011, 9:04 AM

Ahh she's a looker. Is that a DD rail?

mlevans66
05-18-2011, 9:05 AM

Speaking like a true Marine Sgt. :43:

advocatusdiaboli
05-18-2011, 9:32 AM
I dont know what it is, but maybe something is wrong with me because every time I see an "A" frame front sight post with bayonet lug, I always want to affix my bayonet to it and do a foward thrust or slash into something/someone.

That's what Marines are supposed to do—well, one of the things—and I am thankful they do it well. Front towards enemy.

glock_this
05-18-2011, 9:36 AM
ditch that solid A2 front site gas block setup and go with something more useful like this YHM Flip Front Sight Towers With Bottom Rails gas block :)

this way you can fold it down, or put on a rear fold down BUIS and fold it down out of the way, or have a little more front lower rail, etc.

http://yankeehillmachine.com/store/media/YHM-9835-H_sm.jpg