View Full Version : I need a good deal on a Brake Job

05-16-2011, 3:34 PM
Ok, so I spent some of the money I was supposed to use on getting the brakes done on the wife Kia Serrento.

It wasn't my fault, the gun store was NOT supposed to have any saiga 223's in stock. They just checked last week and told me they couldn't get them. Bastards.

So does anyone know who has the best price on this? Front brake pads and the rotors turned.

05-16-2011, 4:22 PM
Do it yourself. Fronts are easy, just a couple bolts to pull the caliper, pull the old pads, put new ones in and put the bolts back in. If you need to have the rotors turned places like NAPA do them for about $15.00 each. Lots of newer vehicles don't have enough material on rotors to turn them so you just replace them. I've bought VW rotors for $20.00 each at Kragen. If the cars doesn't have to many miles on it and if the brakes don't pulse or shudder when you stop now you really only need to replace the pads.

05-16-2011, 4:28 PM
+1...Front rotor is easy to replace, and replacing rotor might save yourself the time to get it turned.

05-16-2011, 6:48 PM
Order rotors and pads from rock auto.com. Cheaper to replace than turn in most cases.

Look up the procedure on he Internet. All you need is a few basic tools and maybe some pb blaster o loosen up tough bolts.

05-16-2011, 7:53 PM
Yes, you are all exactly right. Except that I live in a loft apartment that does not allow for auto repair in the parking lot.

I've done brake jobs in the past. I just don't have a place to do the work.

05-16-2011, 8:26 PM
go to a random parking lot and do it
go over to a buddies house
Im pretty sure there is a Calgunner 20 minutes of your who has a drive way you could use
take all the parts
take all the tools
take a gift of appreciation if you use there drive way