PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy a Romak or PSL

jumbopanda
12-03-2006, 8:55 PM
What's a good place to get a Romak or PSL from? If they are CA friendly, that'd be great, but if not I'll just see if CWS can get it and remove the stock.

neomentat
12-03-2006, 9:22 PM
I would love to get a Romak also, if anyone has one to sell send me a PM please.

mltrading
12-03-2006, 10:02 PM
Check Gunbroker.com. There are several PSL for sale.

They are under different names, such as FPK, PSL, PSL-54C or ROMAK3. Recently, there seems to be more inventories released on the market.

Just ask the seller what the exact receiver engraving is. Avoid those engraved "ROMAK3". And offer a little bit more to have seller to detach the thumbhols stock. Have the seller ship barreled receiver to your FFL and all other stuff to you.:)

jumbopanda
12-03-2006, 10:07 PM
What's wrong with the ones marked "Romak3"? Are they listed?

Tweak338
12-03-2006, 10:18 PM
good question.. i don't see the ROMAK3's on the banned list or the Off-list list

69Mach1
12-03-2006, 10:39 PM
What's wrong with the ones marked "Romak3"? Are they listed?

They're not listed as Romak3. There is however a listed AW by the name of Romak 991. One of our members had correspondence with someone at the DOJ, and the agent told him they consider the Romak 3 the same as Romak 991. Of course it should be make and model no., but you know the DOJ. I'm not even sure who manufactures the Romak 3.

You do have the other options, the SSG-97 and FPK Dragunov for instance. They're the same rifle, with different names. Interordnance also advertises (but doesn't have any in stock) ones in .308 in addition to the more common 7.62x54R versions. Although they come with thumbhole stocks, you can fill them. Here's how:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=40758

69Mach1
12-03-2006, 10:40 PM

mltrading
12-04-2006, 8:53 AM
They're not listed as Romak3. There is however a listed AW by the name of Romak 991. One of our members had correspondence with someone at the DOJ, and the agent told him they consider the Romak 3 the same as Romak 991. Of course it should be make and model no., but you know the DOJ. I'm not even sure who manufactures the Romak 3.

You do have the other options, the SSG-97 and FPK Dragunov for instance. They're the same rifle, with different names. Interordnance also advertises (but doesn't have any in stock) ones in .308 in addition to the more common 7.62x54R versions. Although they come with thumbhole stocks, you can fill them. Here's how:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=40758

What 69Mach1 says. The only banned name is "ROMAK991". To avoid the wrongfully accuses from not-well-informed LEOs or DOJ agents, it's better to avoid anything with "ROMAK something".