PDA

View Full Version : M1A mags that look like 20 rounders

NorCal MedTac
12-03-2006, 7:05 PM
Is there anyone that makes a 10 round mag for M1A that look like the 20 rounders?

cornholio1
12-03-2006, 7:09 PM
Jplee? I am not sure hes the one, but he sure dilly dallys in mags.

jtv3062
12-03-2006, 7:53 PM
I have a 5 rounder thats the same length as a 20 rounder it has a metal tab spot welded to the follower. theres no markings on it as to who manufactured it.

Blue
12-03-2006, 8:24 PM
I have a 5 rounder thats the same length as a 20 rounder it has a metal tab spot welded to the follower. theres no markings on it as to who manufactured it.

I think Armalite makes/made those mags.

JPglee1
12-04-2006, 7:30 AM
Jplee? I am not sure hes the one, but he sure dilly dallys in mags.

Yep. we CAN do it :D

Send a message to "RSSSLVR" he's the dude doing the orders, I'm doing the fabrication.

M1A mags are about $25 for just the mag (for GOOD mags that will work) and figure about $20-25 to modify it.

JP

bwiese
12-04-2006, 10:29 AM
Please read my post stickied at the top of the 2nd A/Legal/political forum.

This is more concern to OLL fixed mag rifle owners than for M1A dudes, but there is statutory law that such mags must be permanently modified - that is, not restorable.

I don't think simple blocks will cut the mustard, and a solution like rssslvr/JpGLee1's weld-ups must be considered - i.e., in any attempt to restore hicap status, the mag would be destroyed. You wanna stay away from the grey area.

mltrading
12-04-2006, 10:55 AM
Just don't understand why people always look for high-cap-look-like low-cap magazines. It's purely cosmetic issue. It won't help the performance.

Personally, I prefer sticking with short mags.:)

xenophobe
12-04-2006, 10:57 AM

+1

When using my reg'd AR, I prefer using my 20's than the 30s. Just easier to shoot with.

30Cal
12-04-2006, 12:09 PM
Just don't understand why people always look for high-cap-look-like low-cap magazines. It's purely cosmetic issue. It won't help the performance.

Those little mags are a lot harder to get in and out of an M1A than the USGI ones.

NorCal MedTac
12-04-2006, 1:21 PM

I understand your point but I find that with the M1's it is just easier to do mag changes with the longer mags.

Sgt Raven
12-04-2006, 3:35 PM
Those little mags are a lot harder to get in and out of an M1A than the USGI ones.

Take 1 ten round M1A mag, lock it into your M1A, then work a MagPul on as far as it will go. They lock in easier than without the MagPul.

JPglee1
12-04-2006, 4:36 PM
I understand your point but I find that with the M1's it is just easier to do mag changes with the longer mags.

I think that applies for just about ALL the weapon systems out there.

I prefer the longer mags for "hold-ability" during a tacti-cool reload.

JP

gunluvver
12-04-2006, 4:47 PM

The same reason I put a roll of socks in my Speedos. It makes the ''short mag'' look like a ''high cap'' ! :eek: :eek: :eek:

30Cal
12-05-2006, 10:10 AM
I wasn't sure yesterday, but...

NRA Highpower Rifle
Rule 3.1.1 Service Rifle-U.S. Rifle, Caliber 7.62 min M 14
In all courses and in all positions the 20-round box
magazine or a reduced capacity magazine of the same external dimensions will
be allowed.

I've never seen this rule enforced, but it is there.

Ty