PDA

View Full Version : ....

glocklover
05-16-2011, 11:43 AM

Kruzr
05-16-2011, 11:52 AM
HUH?? All guns expire from the list and are usually renewed by the maker.

If you go to the list, you'll see both guns you mentioned are still listed and good until next year when they will be renewed again if the maker believes he can sell them through dealers.

Beretta current listing
M9 Commercial / Steel, Alloy Pistol 4.9" 9mm 6/17/2012

Sig current listing
P6 (P.W. Arms) / Steel, Alloy Pistol 3.9" 9mm 2/20/2012

Isaiah4Autumn
05-16-2011, 12:00 PM

I belive it is still good to go...

jdberger
05-16-2011, 12:03 PM
Isn't the P6 a C&R? If so, it is exempt.

Ya see - old guns are safer than new ones.... :rolleyes:.

Tiberius
05-16-2011, 12:06 PM
Details, details, details.

I'm with the OP. The roster is stupid.

Not that that's a controversial position here.

ThortheDog
05-16-2011, 12:10 PM
P6 (P.W. Arms) is still on the list until 2/20/12. P6 (C.A.I.) fell off the list last month. Same gun, different importers.

Makes a lot of sense, doesn't it?

glocklover
05-16-2011, 12:11 PM
yes but, this: P6 (P.W. Arms) / Steel, Alloy Pistol 3.9" 9mm 2/20/2012

is not this: Sig Sauer, Inc. (Sauer, J.P. & Sons, Sig Arms) P6 (C.A.I.) / Steel, Alloy

the difference is mine was imported by "C.A.I." (century arms) not P.W. arms.

it's the same gun. but the writing on it is different.

so if you plan on buying a P6 online, make sure who the importer is.

glocklover
05-16-2011, 12:22 PM
HUH?? All guns expire from the list and are usually renewed by the maker.

If you go to the list, you'll see both guns you mentioned are still listed and good until next year when they will be renewed again if the maker believes he can sell them through dealers.

Beretta current listing
M9 Commercial / Steel, Alloy Pistol 4.9" 9mm 6/17/2012

Sig current listing

Your missing the reasoning of my post. A pistol with the name, "AMERICA'S DEFENDER", given the name because it's a model just like what OUR military carries, which is legal across the rest of nation and is NOT here, because, by CA definition, it's TOO dangerous.

Because, Beretta didn't want to PAY, OUR state, to have the RIGHT to sell it HERE. Because last year it was safe, and at some point it magically turned into something DANGEROUS.

Do you not see the screwed up logic and wrongness of that?

I'm just sayin'.

Kruzr
05-16-2011, 1:06 PM
Your missing the reasoning of my post. A pistol with the name, "AMERICA'S DEFENDER", given the name because it's a model just like what OUR military carries, which is legal across the rest of nation and is NOT here, because, by CA definition, it's TOO dangerous.

Because, Beretta didn't want to PAY, OUR state, to have the RIGHT to sell it HERE. Because last year it was safe, and at some point it magically turned into something DANGEROUS.

Do you not see the screwed up logic and wrongness of that?

I'm just sayin'.

No, I don't see any "wrongness" of that. If it were made exempt from the list, I would see "wrongness." It's just a gun, who uses it doesn't change it. Every gun gets delisted every 2 years. If you notice the months, you'll see it was renewed 2 months before it expired.

And FWIW there is another gun that more aptly fits the title "AMERICAN DEFENDER" and it ain't Italian.