PDA

View Full Version : Price Matching CWS and DD's Ranch

csarel
12-03-2006, 5:47 PM
1st: Is this in the right forum? If not, sorry, please move it.

2nd: DD's has Stag Lowers for $99.00. (Albiet sold out)
CWS has them for $165.00.

I can't remember the liason for CWS here...:o

Has anyone had experience if they will match it?

I would much rather buy from CWS because I've bought stuff from the before and their strong presence here and at the gun show.

Be gentle. Please!;)

NeoWeird
12-03-2006, 6:04 PM
So you know, CWS does not match prices (at least not on receivers that I am aware of). I would imagine that the AW FFL and the restrictions that come with it, etc is what amounts for the major price difference between CWS and DDsranch. Also, I believe the low Stag price was from their recent sale. Normally the price difference isn't very large between the two.

csarel
12-03-2006, 6:22 PM
Yeah CWS just recently had them on sale for 135.00. Unable at the time...
Anyway, Fair enough, thanks for the response.

jmlivingston
12-03-2006, 6:25 PM
DD's Ranch has to go through a transfer dealer to get receivers into CA as they are located somewhere else; so don't forget to factor those costs in. CWS can do business directly here as I understand it, so those costs are likely factored in already. Maybe Gram, Pirate, HotMaiden, or even 10% can shed a little more light on that aspect of it.

John

cornholio1
12-03-2006, 6:36 PM
Just buy from DD's. Great service.

Blacktail 8541
jmlivingston]DD's Ranch has to go through a transfer dealer to get receivers into CA as they are located somewhere else; so don't forget to factor those costs in. CWS can do business directly here as I understand it, so those costs are likely factored in already. ,

CWS is located out of state, so you would still have to get a FFL to recieve it and DROS it. So their prices do not reflect this. But they certainly do support us in CA by not being intemidated by the DOJ.

csarel
John, I did not know DD's had to go through all that. Thanks for the insight.

I've ordered from CWS before, It was a odd chance that I ran across DD's.
It's all good now.
Thanks guys!

naimad
12-03-2006, 7:03 PM
John, I did not know DD's had to go through all that. Thanks for the insight.

It's all good now.
Thanks guys!
i think dds and cws use the same ffl in san diego to receive items so either way its the same process i could be wrong look on there website for ffls in your area

gotgunz
12-03-2006, 8:03 PM
[QUOTE=csarel] 2nd: DD's has Stag Lowers for $99.00. (Albiet sold out) QUOTE]

First lesson in sales: (I typically charge for this type of guidance)

"Everybody has the lowest price when they dont have the inventory"

NeoWeird
12-03-2006, 8:13 PM
And that there is the catch. You pay the cheapest you can. If someone doesn't have something, then there is a reason they don't have it. If CWS is too exspensive then don't use them. Either you are in the right and CWS will adjust accordingly when no one purchases from them; or CWS is in the right and you're been cheap. Personally I don't find anything wrong with CWS prices (or course I compare them to the prices I remember from 2004) and I don't hesitate to use them.

And just so you know, CWS IS a Ca FFL. They have an AW FFL based out of Highland which is around San Bernardino. It's still active, but currently not operating due to lack of a proper work force. I am sure it will be back up and running soon, but right now it's essentially just Michelle trying to run both ends of the FFL business and it's just too much for her to bounce back and forth from Texas to California.

I don't know if DDsranch will do this, but CWS will get you anything you want that isn't illegal. Not in their inventory? They will find it. Custom orders? They will get it done. They will even bend over backwards to find exactly what you want on rare/hard to find pieces. They may charge a bit more than other people's advertised price, but they are just top notch and top quality. They ship out super fast (I've had stuff go out next day to my FFL at no extra charge to me) and they are more than willing to help in any way they can. I've dealt with both Hector and Michelle (on several occassions) and they really are a great group of people who I love giving my business too. If the saying "a happy cusomter is a returning customer" has ever applied, it applys to CWS as I've NEVER heard of a bad comment about them (outside of some people claiming their prices are higher than normal).

csarel
12-03-2006, 8:35 PM
It's all good now.
Thanks guys!

Right. OK Thanks!

kantstudien
12-03-2006, 8:39 PM
CWS will get you anything you want that is illegal.

WTF? :confused:

chickenfried
12-03-2006, 8:45 PM
Don't worry you don't have to wait long for DDS Ranch to get items back in stock.

Blacktail 8541
12-03-2006, 9:22 PM
Don't worry you don't have to wait long for DDS Ranch to get items back in stock.

Useally 7 to 10 days for stags and such.

PonyFiveO
12-03-2006, 10:23 PM
First lesson in sales: (I typically charge for this type of guidance)

"Everybody has the lowest price when they dont have the inventory"

I am going to absolutely defend DD's on this one, as it sounded a bit like a negative statement towards them. DD's has ALWAYS provided Californians with GREAT prices on Stag recievers, while some of the other willing dealers were still charging us over $200 for doing us this "Favor." Even as they were getting massive business from us in California, never have they raise their prices or denied selling to us. "Everybody has the lowest price when they dont have the inventory" should not be a statement associated with DD's. When they restock their inventory, they WILL still have the lowest prices.

btw - CWS are awesome guys too! :)

m1371
12-03-2006, 10:38 PM
will get you anything you want that is illegal.

I think someone needs to make use of the "Edit" button..... :p

NeoWeird
12-03-2006, 11:25 PM
WTF? :confused:

I think someone needs to make use of the "Edit" button..... :p

Yeah yeah yeah. I've been really tired today and not rereading before I hit post. So I missed two letters and a punctuation mark. Big deal...it's not like I said something wrong.

oops! :p

gotgunz
12-14-2006, 1:15 AM
"Everybody has the lowest price when they dont have the inventory" should not be a statement associated with DD's. When they restock their inventory, they WILL still have the lowest prices.:)

"Reading is fundemental".

"Everybody has the lowest price when they don't have the inventory" is not directed towards anybody directly, hence the word: "everybody".
This same logic holds true for any type of business regardless of what merchandise they are selling.
On another note: "service before price"; meaning that most people will pay alittle more for service (not to say that DD's doesnt provide a good service). It's just that I typically don't look for the cheapest price. I would rather spend more, without being raped, and buy from somebody that truely appreciates my business.
Example: I have had the same lady cut my hair for nearly 18 years. She is nowhere near the cheapest in town (in fact I drive nearly 50 miles to her shop) but I like her, she does a good job and I dont have to tell her what I want. She just sits me down, tells me a very dirty joke and handles it. Usually the jokes are keepers so that is an added bonus.
YMMV:D

wildcard
12-14-2006, 8:48 AM
I've ordered from both DD's and CWS.. and DD's gets my continued business. Customer service is great and more importantly, prices are low even after factoring in transfer fees (especially if you order more than 1). Don't depend on the website to see what's in-stock, just give Dean a call. I've ordered items that were "out of stock" before.

Hunter
12-14-2006, 10:13 AM
I've ordered from both DD's and CWS.. and DD's gets my continued business. Customer service is great and more importantly, prices are low even after factoring in transfer fees (especially if you order more than 1). Don't depend on the website to see what's in-stock, just give Dean a call. I've ordered items that were "out of stock" before.

I have ordered from both but I have to say +1 to DD as well. Great service, no hassles and they stand behind their product. As for the transfer fees, that is not a factor if you are having CWS ship the receiver to your ffl dealer anyways, then it is the same fee either way. You only "save" the transfer fee if you pick it up directly from CWS, but then it is built into the price already. And for those that don't have a local FFL lined up, give DD a call. They keep a list of willing FFLs all over the state to help you.