PDA

View Full Version : delete

us.marshal
05-15-2011, 11:33 AM
delete

Tacit Blue
05-15-2011, 12:59 PM
What are they offering your for 1,200? I know a AR Pistol depending on the barrel length needs to be register as a SBR on a ATF form with a tax stamp. That is built as a rilfe. But if you wanted lower i'm sure you can just register as a pistol. Not sure why they told you that.They just write up the DROS differently and put " Pistol" instead of " Long gun". correct me if im wrong here. It shouldn't be hard for you to get a SBR AR pistol, you'd want to register it as a AW.

What shop is this Parallax tactical? Tripple E, California Police equipment in El Cajon?

If you want to get straight answers call a Shop called National Police Supply in Vista. The owner's name is Sean He's LEO and very knowledgeable on laws/ needs of the customer. If you show up in person, good luck trying to leave. He loves to talk ! lol. http://www.nationalpolicesupply.com/

hitman13
05-15-2011, 1:14 PM
SBR AR and AR pistol are two different things.....

no tax stamp needed for an AR pistol.....

Jwood562
05-15-2011, 1:20 PM
Find a dealer willing to sell you a stripped lower as a pistol. Leos use the off roster exemption to dros as pistols.

I use riflegear in fountain valley. Call around and good luck.

Do not listen to the sbr info posted above. An AR pistol is not a rifle so no need for tax stamp and permits etc etc

Tacit Blue
05-15-2011, 1:20 PM
SBR AR and AR pistol are two different things.....

no tax stamp needed for an AR pistol.....

Well there ya have it..

Tacit Blue
05-15-2011, 1:21 PM
Find a dealer willing to sell you a stripped lower as a pistol. Leos use the off roster exemption to dros as pistols.

Do not listen to the sbr info posted above. An AR pistol is not a rifle so no need for tax stamp and permits etc etc

Yes, sorry for the disinformation on the SBR and ATF Forms. The rest of the info is correct. Call National Police Supply he's also a FFL... If all you need is the lower.

Jwood562
05-15-2011, 2:02 PM
Yes, sorry for the disinformation on the SBR and ATF Forms. The rest of the info is correct. Call National Police Supply he's also a FFL... If all you need is the lower.

No worries, Im glad you could point the OP in the right direction to in helping him build his AR pistol

1911su16b870
05-15-2011, 8:49 PM
pm me if you need any help...happy to talk with you about it especially after selling my that SP1 upper of yours!

Don't know about SD, but Riflegear in OC will DROS a stripped AR receiver to you as a pistol.

02psd
05-16-2011, 6:32 PM
Go to Direct Action Solutions in Solana Beach and talk to Colby. He will take care of you.

G1500
05-16-2011, 9:37 PM
If you are in San Diego, try going through JD direct.

steadyrock
05-16-2011, 10:19 PM
+1 for Riflegear. Call them first if you want to get the straight scoop. You will need to ensure you are purchasing a "pistol lower" rather than a "rifle lower". They're the same mechanically, but once a lower has had a rifle upper put on it then it is now and forever a "rifle" - converting it into a "pistol" runs afoul of NFA laws. Pistol lowers are usually more expensive, because they can be.

pTa
05-16-2011, 10:24 PM
also because the mfg makes them in more limited production runs/ as far sa why they ar emore expensive than rifle lowerreceivers

Digital_Boy
05-18-2011, 1:46 AM
us.marshal,

here's an excellent, *very* recent thread that addresses most, if not all of your concerns:

click me (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=433760&highlight=AR+pistol)

Though at $1200, that seems like a pretty decent deal to avoid a lot of hassle, depending on the quality of the upper, lower and trigger in the pistol. I can't see building a decent pistol for much less than that.

retired
05-19-2011, 2:01 PM
I second National Police Supply in Vista. I bought my LRB lower from them in 2009, when the scare was on for my AR rifle build. The owner is very amicable and knowledgeable.

cowboykenny
05-19-2011, 11:33 PM
the Ar lower can be marked to differentiate between the rifle and pistol lower. As an example sheck out Rock River Arms website they have specific lowers on them. One of the guys I work with used their lower (RRA) and they sent it to his FFl gave him a LE discount then he built the pistol. It came out pretty nice.:cool:

ke6guj
05-19-2011, 11:50 PM
The lower must be marked Pistol on it to differentiate between the rifle and pistol. As an example sheck out Rock River Arms website they have specific lowers on them. One of the guys I work with used their lower (RRA) and they sent it to his FFl gave him a LE discount then he built the pistol. It came out pretty nice.:cool:incorrect. There is no legal requirement that a lower that is being used for a pistol actually say pistol on it.

Does a Glock say pistol on it? nope. Does a Thompson contender pistol say pistol on it? nope.

Just because some manufacturers voluntarily put "pistol" on the lower doesn't meant that all of them have to.

oldmotor
05-22-2011, 9:33 PM

Don't use Sacramento Black Rifle in Roseville, Ca. Went in there yesterday and was told that the only way you get a ar15 pistol is either to buy it already made or get an 80% lower and build it. No off roster excemptions for LEO's.

Ron-Solo
05-23-2011, 9:30 PM
Try Bright Spot Pawn in Riverside too. Good people

maker
06-04-2011, 9:41 PM
you might want to check this out.
https://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B0qyloA48O3XZWFjYjMwYTMtYTg1MC00NzVhL %20WI3NmMtZDRiNTMzNzdhMzUx&hl=en

G1500
06-05-2011, 8:48 AM
Remember ATF ≠ CADOJ

oldmotor
07-03-2011, 9:01 AM
How did this turn out for you? Thinking of doing the same thing.

frankm
07-03-2011, 10:25 AM
Did you try Parallax Tactical on Lusk Blvd? They're a sponser here and deal in tactical rifles.

1911su16b870
07-03-2011, 11:45 AM
I made a lot of calls and some face to faces... I met with so much resistance I decided to pass on the idea for now. Seemed like such a simple idea at first. Based on what I know now, I would probably make the drive (twice) from San Diego and go with riflegear.

Good call. When you are ready, drive up to rifle gear and DROS a couple of AR receivers as pistols! Then buy your parts during the 10 day wait and when you pick them up, build party!

oldmotor
07-03-2011, 5:52 PM
I made a lot of calls and some face to faces... I met with so much resistance I decided to pass on the idea for now. Seemed like such a simple idea at first. Based on what I know now, I would probably make the drive (twice) from San Diego and go with riflegear.

Thanks for the update. I checked with a couple places in the Sacramento area and didn't have much luck either.