View Full Version : WTB genuine Ruger mini 14 mags

12-03-2006, 9:12 AM

I am looking for a source for mini-14 mag components. I have a nice selection of Hi cap mini mags from the old days and I am grand fathered in on owning them legaly. But 3 of the mags have seen better days. Can anyone point me to someone who would dis-assemble some Ruger factory hi caps and sell the parts to me? I need springs, followers, mag bodies.

Thanks in advance,

The SoCal Gunner
12-16-2006, 9:15 AM
Go check out www.perfectunion.com

They have a thread specifically for magazines with links to where to buy them. Not sure if any of the retailers will dissasemble them but you can ask.

12-16-2006, 9:57 AM
I know you know about hi caps but the Ruger mags are worth so much it will be hard finding anyone that will sell them as parts. Good luck.

12-16-2006, 10:14 AM
You could ask CWS to buy and resell to you as replacement parts or ship them disassembled as replacement parts directly to you.
You do have mags that need parts right ? I was assuming this.

The SoCal Gunner
12-16-2006, 2:30 PM
Man I just picked up my Mini a few hours ago and the factory 5 rnd mag is soOOoOo smooth. The quality is just so much better than all the aftermarkets but I just can't afford many factory mags. All the aftermarkets I have are hi-caps which is why I bought the Mini in the first place.

12-18-2006, 12:41 PM
does anyone know where to get just the 30 round mag bodys?

12-18-2006, 8:08 PM
does anyone know where to get just the 30 round mag bodys?

Not from Ruger,:p Seriously, you'll have to find them used and pay big bucks since Ruger (and CA) doesn't believe in 20 and 30 round mags for "simple civilians".:mad:

Anyone know if AR 20/30 round magazine springs will also work in Mini-14 20/30 round mags?

12-19-2006, 1:25 PM
I had a stash of mags for the pre-ban era and three mini mags rusted up. One survived as did two Eagle 35 rounders and one Ramline. My AR mags were all fine as they are aluminum. I wanted to replace the three ruger mags and inscribe the date and PC Number on them to eliminate any doubt. I will also keep the old componets. Any help on this matter would be great.

PS. I hope I did not steal this thread.

12-29-2006, 10:18 AM
I have two new unmarked (non LEO) factory 20's I could disassemble and sell as parts kits. Don't know the value. Let me know what you want to pay. Send me a PM.

I'll talk to Ade about stocking magazine parts kits since he has a Large Capacity Magazine License and can easily disassemble these.

These can also be bought at any gunshow out of state, disassembled, and brought back to CA as replacement parts.

12-29-2006, 10:35 AM

$35 for 20 rounders.

12-29-2006, 6:46 PM

$35 for 20 rounders.

quote from the above web site.

Mags are marked for law enforcement use but can now be sold to civilians thanks to the sunset of the high capacity magazine ban. Supplies are limited!

those mags are illegal in so many ways in our fine state :rolleyes: