PDA

View Full Version : AR Shell Ejection Angle

Gringo Bandito
12-02-2006, 6:57 PM
Do you happen to know if the AR is supposed to eject the spent shells at a specific angle? I have one that ejects the shells at 4 O' Clock and one that ejects shells at 2 O'clock.

I have a had some failure to ejects on the rifle that ejects the shells at 4 O clock and it appears that the shell does not make much contact with the shell deflector. I am wondering if I have a buffer spring that may be out of wack?

Thanks for the help.

Gringo Bandito
12-02-2006, 7:24 PM
Thank you.

Do you know a way to test those parts or do I have to purchase and replace one at a time?

Gringo Bandito
12-03-2006, 7:56 AM
Thanks. I will check that out.

rayra
12-03-2006, 5:01 PM
seconding the 2 o'clock throw beign due to a weak ejector spring.
Nothing really wrong with it, though, as long as the weapon is functioning consistently.
The 4 o'clock throw with failure to eject, I'd first start with a thorough cleaning of all parts and make sure the ejector moves as it should. And I might consider a slight polishing of the interior face of the ejector claw to be sure it will release the brass properly. It and the bolt face can / will wear themselves smooth with use, or if you are willing you can try to accelerate that with a VERY slight polishing exercise. Overdue this and you can make the weapon LESS reliable.