PDA

View Full Version : WTS - 2 Colt A2 Post Ban Complete Uppers Mint!

SquidBeak
12-02-2006, 1:20 PM
2 Colt A2 H-bar Complete Uppers Mint/Unfired

20" H-bar BBL's 1/9 Twist

Stamped "C MP 5.56 NATO 1/9 HBAR"

Post ban configuration:

No flashider/muzzle break - perfect for off list rifle setup

Complete with bolts/carriers/charging handles.

Mint condition, never fired.

$450 each obo.

I'm in So. Cal. Local pickup OK or can be shipped at buyers expense.

Paypal or USPS Money Orders (or cash if picked up) accepted.

Feel free to ask questions.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f135/Gorgula/P1010009.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f135/Gorgula/P1010010.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f135/Gorgula/P1010011.jpg

REDHORSE
12-02-2006, 1:49 PM
small pin (mil spec) or large pin (Colt)?

SemiAutoSam
12-02-2006, 1:52 PM
Looks just like one that I have small pin in front if thats what your asking.

SquidBeak
12-02-2006, 2:32 PM
small pin (mil spec) or large pin (Colt)?

Mil spec pin diameter is .250". A large pin has a diameter of .312".

both of the holes in these uppers fall into the .250" category. They definitely would not accept a .312" pin.

So to answer your question, these are mil spec or small pin uppers.

REDHORSE
12-02-2006, 2:43 PM
Mil spec pin diameter is .250". A large pin has a diameter of .312".

both of the holes in these uppers fall into the .250" category. They definitely would not accept a .312" pin.

So to answer your question, these are mil spec or small pin uppers.

Thanks. You can't always tell from photos. Just had to be sure.

NeoWeird
12-03-2006, 5:25 PM
Great deal, I want one but I don't have the cash.

If they are still here in a week or two I will most likely grab one.

five.five-six
12-05-2006, 2:34 AM
pm sent... I want one.. are they chrome lined are the manganize-phosphate coated?

SquidBeak
12-05-2006, 11:50 PM
pm sent... I want one.. are they chrome lined are the manganize-phosphate coated?

All I can say about the chrome lining is I think so and it looks like it. All the colt specs and literature from the time said their barrels are chrome lined.

Regarding the manganize-phosphate coating...????? I have absolutely no clue about the chemical make up of the finish :eek: ... I'm pretty sure there are molecules in it and it's black...:D Sorry...

bwiese
12-09-2006, 6:02 PM
All I can say about the chrome lining is I think so and it looks like it. All the colt specs and literature from the time said their barrels are chrome lined.

I'm not 100% disagreeing with you but from my experience these appear to be HBar 'conversion' uppers - thus the markings "COLT 223" on the side ('cuz they also sold 7.62x39 conversion uppers as well. The same upper, sometimes minus the 'COLT 223' emblazoned on the side, was sold on the Colt Match Target Competition HBar II rifles in approx '97-'99 timeframe. These were not chrome-lined either, and were part of 'commercial' (meaning nonmil/nonLEO channels) production - where even the buttstock door got a plastic pull-tab instead of the regular hinged metal door. (Many folks getting Colts of this vintage ahead of CA's upcoming SB23 ban ordered Bushmaster replacement trapdoors for the buttstock to not have a trapdoor hinge made of milk-jug material).

Some of the earlier versions of these had chrome-lined chambers but not bores.

These were mid/late 90s commercial non-mil production and Colt was going non-chromed at the time for these.

I have a similar upper I bought on a steal-of-a-deal awhile back.

Colt was funky in this marketplace and sometimes if they did have excess chromed bbls or a deal at the platers, they may have had a few chrome-lined ones out there.

By contrast, my Colt Sporter Target rifle's ("A2") bbl has "CHROME" also on the bore text after the "C MP 5.56..." engraving.

Regarding the manganize-phosphate coating...????? I have absolutely no clue

I am most sure it's a standard M16 coating, which is mag phosphate plus whatever other magic goes in there. It's not plain parkerizing or paint, etc.

If you can take several reasonably-well illuminated pix at reasonable resolutions, I *may* be able to see if the chamber and/or muzzle are chrome lined. Lighting can make/brake a 'remote' determination like this...

If the chamfered chamber edge and/or interface area from crown to bore have the greyish appearance of dull nickel or quarter, they are chrome lined. If it just looks black/blue it's not.

BTW: these are *accurate* bbls and using quality match-grade ammo, you should get worst case 1/2-3/4 MOA - maybe better if handloads are adjusted for chamber appropriately. Since they are 1/9" twist you prob don't wanna use ammo any heavier than maybe 68gr, that's about the max to retain accuracy.

SemiAutoSam
12-09-2006, 6:09 PM
When did COLT start stamping their upper receivers with "COLT .223" as shown in this PIC ?

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f135/Gorgula/P1010010.jpg

rorschach
12-09-2006, 7:23 PM
When did COLT start stamping their upper receivers with "COLT .223" as shown in this PIC ?

Prolly around the same time they put that big stupid "COLT M1991A1" in huge letters on their 1911's.

Seriously, I dont know. :confused:

bwiese
12-09-2006, 10:54 PM

I have one of these.

This is a Colt commercial product (meaning sporting, not mil/LE) "conversion upper" from fairly late 90s. If you had a 16" rifle, you could buy this 20" conversion kit, and vice versa. These were sold at some gunshops, as a complete boxed kit, instructions, etc.

These are not "take-off" uppers disassembled from guns like some of the Colt uppers sold by vendors like Hoplite, RGuns, etc.

The markings were perhaps to distinguish it from the 7.62x39 conversion kit.

These are most likely not chrome lined, although some early versions around 97 apparently had chromed chambers (i.e, no chromed bore).

PIRATE14
12-11-2006, 6:08 PM
The one picture w/ the barrel marking is chromed lined.......I would have to see the other one to be sure..........

SquidBeak
12-12-2006, 10:30 AM
Thanks for the info bwiese! Is there anything you don't know???:)

I thought these would have been quick sales while I was home for a while, but unfortunately, I am traveling extensively again. So I'm going to pull these from the market until I'm back on earth again. Sorry about this!

FYI, both of these are identical. So if PIRATE14 is correct, then they're both chrome lined.

Thanks for all the interest. I'll check in as often as possible.

-SquidBeak

Bigshooter698
06-08-2016, 9:47 AM
Ill take one PM sent

wazzu
06-08-2016, 10:26 AM
Hope he still has it for sale after 10 years. lol

Bullitt01
06-08-2016, 12:39 PM
BACK From The DEAD!

EDIT: OP's last post was 2008

Bigshooter698