PDA

View Full Version : AG Moonbeam to make mags illegal in 07???

Wicked501
12-02-2006, 9:33 AM
Now that California gun owners are going to have even more fun with Ex-Gov. Moonbeam, Jerry Brown, as our Attorney General. Everyone at the shops are talking about that any rifle with a detachable magazine, will be made illegal when he enters office. So, everything from a Ruger 10/22 to a M1will vanish instantly from stores. Has anyone heard this rumor too???:(

BigMac
12-02-2006, 9:36 AM
He doesnt have the legal authority to make that happen.

M. Sage
12-02-2006, 9:56 AM
Do yourself a favor.. go read the CA constitution.

SemiAutoSam
12-02-2006, 9:59 AM
which one ?

1849 or 1879 ? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_Constitution

Im assuming you meant California Constitution as CA is a federal abbreration and has no Constitution.

Do yourself a favor.. go read the CA constitution.

762cavalier
12-02-2006, 10:40 AM
Im assuming you meant California Constitution as CA is a federal abbreration and has no Constitution.

:rolleyes:

TheMan
12-02-2006, 10:49 AM
Now that California gun owners are going to have even more fun with Ex-Gov. Moonbeam, Jerry Brown, as our Attorney General. Everyone at the shops are talking about that any rifle with a detachable magazine, will be made illegal when he enters office. So, everything from a Ruger 10/22 to a M1will vanish instantly from stores. Has anyone heard this rumor too???:(

I heard he planning on banning ALL guns, not detachable mag guns. Then he was going to confiscate all guns that people already legally posessed. He will start with AW, and OLL, but go all the way to .22LR, then finally paint guns and nail guns(just because they have gun in their name). He was also going to ban people from calling their biceps their guns.

And then while he was dining on aborted fetus, he was going to figure out a way to build an army of illegals to come and take all the conservatives money and turn california communist. And he would bring back his moonbeam project, and use it for mind control.

Did I get ALL of the stupid rumors? Can anyone add some more ridiculous rumors to this thread?

Thanks!

cornholio1
12-02-2006, 10:52 AM
I heard he planning on banning ALL guns, not detachable mag guns. Then he was going to confiscate all guns that people already legally posessed. He will start with AW, and OLL, but go all the way to .22LR, then finally paint guns and nail guns(just because they have gun in their name). He was also going to ban people from calling their biceps their guns.

And then while he was dining on aborted fetus, he was going to figure out a way to build an army of illegals to come and take all the conservatives money and turn california communist. And he would bring back his moonbeam project, and use it for mind control.

Did I get ALL of the stupid rumors? Can anyone add some more ridiculous rumors to this thread?

Thanks!

haha...

NRAhighpowershooter
12-02-2006, 11:59 AM
You forgot him and linda ronstat(SP???) were going to get together again and party some more.......

Matt C
12-02-2006, 12:27 PM

Let's see, he is going to fire all the doctors/nurses and open those positions to anyone that needs the job (what's a medical license/degree?), and of course health care will be free now (thanks to our new 92% tax rate). You will be able to do all the drugs you want, if fact MJ, Meth, and even Heroin will be available in school cafeterias so children can expand their minds. Anyone owning a gun, a knife, a sharp stick, or even anyone who knows how to fight will be exiled from CA. (Except the police of course) Free speech now means that confused teenagers have a right to burn a US Flag in your house if you are a veteran, or even express themselves by burning it down. Free speech does not mean you will be allowed to refer to the AG as "moonbeam" or be critical of his policies, that will get you shot. :eek: Eating meat will be illegal, as will the wearing of any fur or animal products (these laws exclude human fetuses of course, which are fine to wear or eat). Eating once living plants or wearing products made from them will also be illegal, but will only get you a fine. The man already covered the mind control stuff. Personally, I can't wait! I think I'll get some meth, then sign up to be a neurosurgeon.

bwiese
12-02-2006, 12:28 PM
Not sure if Wicked501 is a troll or just a newbie.

6 posts, and he's already saying Saigas are illegal because they're AK series members.

phish
12-02-2006, 12:31 PM
Maybe CA will play a game of one-upmanship with NJ, that'll solve the dilemma of "burden of proof this"..."burden of proof that"...:rolleyes:

xenophobe
12-02-2006, 1:33 PM

CALIFORNIA CONSTITUTION
PREAMBLE

We, the People of the State of California, grateful to Almighty God for our
freedom, in order to secure and perpetuate its blessings, do establish this
Constitution.

ARTICLE I DECLARATION OF RIGHTS ............................... 1-31
ARTICLE II VOTING, INITIATIVE AND REFERENDUM, AND RECALL ....... 1-20
ARTICLE III STATE OF CALIFORNIA ................................. 1-9
ARTICLE IV LEGISLATIVE ......................................... 1-28
ARTICLE V EXECUTIVE ........................................... 1-14
ARTICLE VI JUDICIAL ............................................ 1-23
ARTICLE VII PUBLIC OFFICERS AND EMPLOYEES ....................... 1-11
ARTICLE IX EDUCATION ........................................... 1-16
ARTICLE X WATER ............................................... 1-7
ARTICLE X A WATER RESOURCES DEVELOPMENT ......................... 1-8
ARTICLE X B MARINE RESOURCES PROTECTION ACT OF 1990 ............. 1-16
ARTICLE XI LOCAL GOVERNMENT .................................... 1-15
ARTICLE XII PUBLIC UTILITIES .................................... 1-9
ARTICLE XIII TAXATION ............................................ 1-35
ARTICLE XIII A [TAX LIMITATION] .................................... 1-7
ARTICLE XIII B GOVERNMENT SPENDING LIMITATION ...................... 1-13
ARTICLE XIII C [VOTER APPROVAL FOR LOCAL TAX LEVIES] ............... 1-3
ARTICLE XIII D [ASSESSMENT AND PROPERTY-RELATED FEE REFORM] ........ 1-6
ARTICLE XIV LABOR RELATIONS ..................................... 1-5
ARTICLE XV USURY ............................................... 1
ARTICLE XVI PUBLIC FINANCE ...................................... 1-20
ARTICLE XVIII AMENDING AND REVISING THE CONSTITUTION .............. 1-4
ARTICLE XIX MOTOR VEHICLE REVENUES .............................. 1-9
ARTICLE XIX A LOANS FROM THE PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION ACCOUNT OR
LOCAL TRANSPORTATION FUNDS .......................... 1-2
ARTICLE XIX B MOTOR VEHICLE FUEL SALES TAX REVENUES AND
TRANSPORTATION IMPROVEMENT FUNDING .................. 1
ARTICLE XX MISCELLANEOUS SUBJECTS .............................. 1-23
ARTICLE XXI REAPPORTIONMENT OF SENATE, ASSEMBLY, CONGRESSIONAL,
AND BOARD OF EQUALIZATION DISTRICTS ................. 1
ARTICLE XXII [ARCHITECTURAL AND ENGINEERING SERVICES] ............ 1-2
ARTICLE XXXIV PUBLIC HOUSING PROJECT LAW .......................... 1-4
ARTICLE XXXV MEDICAL RESEARCH .................................... 1-7

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/const-toc.html

James R.
12-02-2006, 1:42 PM
http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/const-toc.html

"We, the People of the State of California, grateful to Almighty God for our
Constitution."

Ohh, well I know Moonbeam simply won't stand for that kind of language...we'll just have to ****can the California Constitution ;-) Heh, I'm an atheist and that sort of thing doesn't really bother me, apparently other folks however are left fuming over it, I suspect Moonbeam might be one of em. If it said Dahli Lama or something, well then mebbe it'd be ok...

Regards,

James R.

M. Sage
12-02-2006, 1:52 PM
Thanks, Xeno.

To the OP: who gets to do what is spelled out in that link. The point? The AG can't "ban" things. That would take making new laws, and only the legislature can do that.

SemiAutoSam
12-02-2006, 2:07 PM
They already did that once although not properly ratified. The first one was 1849 and then things changed on a federal level and they produced a new one 1979 to be more aligned with the changes from what happened from the act of 1871.

"We, the People of the State of California, grateful to Almighty God for our
Constitution."

we'll just have to Vatican the California Constitution
Regards,

James R.

SquidBeak
12-02-2006, 2:10 PM

You probably heard this at Turner's...:D

xenophobe
12-02-2006, 3:04 PM
IE California state has a constitution but Ca isn't listed in any California state constitutional document. My point was CA is a Federal (Postal) Abbreviation and not applicable when it comes to items such as state constitutions.

You're splitting hairs to the nth degree. Yes, CA is the postal abbreviation of the proper noun California which in turn is the name of the state. So saying CA Constitution can and should be readily interpreted as California Constitution.

That's like saying 'isn't' is not a contraction of 'is not' because there is not California State Dictionary that says so.

Archenemy550
12-02-2006, 3:30 PM
thanks to our new 92% tax rate
whoa! IT IS GOING DOWN!?

krim
12-02-2006, 4:14 PM

Thanks!

It'll happen in two weeks.

Charliegone
12-02-2006, 5:01 PM
Yup, after that he's going after all knives, especially all the butter knives because of the violence those death machines cause....yeah ...so buy while you can.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: need I say more?

The guy is not even in office and some are accusing him of being a gun banner. Its like Mike said, check his record. He has never ever voted for a anti-gun bill or law. Yeah sure he put up those ads, but thats just political crap.

Aluisious
12-02-2006, 5:38 PM
I heard Jerry Brown is going to make God illegal, too.

TheMan
12-02-2006, 6:09 PM
Well I don't mean to its just a fact.

Explain this one: When you are sent a application for a credit card in the U.S. Mail your name listed on the front of the envelope is in upper and lower case.

But after you are a customer of that or any credit card company and you get a statement in the U.S. Mail. Your name on the outside of the envelope is in all capital letters.

whats your reason for this ? or anyone else ?

They are quite clearly trying to make all of their customer base more uniform, forcing us all to conform. This is nothing more than a subtle attempt to bend us to their will. This will eventually lead to mind control and brain washing.

Either that, or some of their customer databases store names in all caps, while their marketing data base does not. Or maybe you are mistaken, and credit cards don't always do it one way or another.

I vote for the mind control though, it fits in better with the rest of this thread.

M. Sage
12-02-2006, 8:18 PM
Either that, or some of their customer databases store names in all caps, while their marketing data base does not. Or maybe you are mistaken, and credit cards don't always do it one way or another.

Makes it harder for the computer to screw the names up, don't it?

John McCormick could become John Mccormick. Instead, it's safer just to say JOHN MCCORMICK.

SemiAutoSam
12-02-2006, 8:23 PM
SO when the Credit card company sends you cred card offers its OK that they get your name wrong ?

I'm sorry I just don't get the logic. Please explain how your name in all caps is better for the computers as the computers read the bar code and the actual printed name is mostly only for humans to read at least with regard to the postal system and reading the envelope for mail processing.

Makes it harder for the computer to screw the names up, don't it?

John McCormick could become John Mccormick. Instead, it's safer just to say JOHN MCCORMICK.

sierratangofoxtrotunion
12-02-2006, 10:11 PM

Explain this one: When you are sent a application for a credit card in the U.S. Mail your name listed on the front of the envelope is in upper and lower case.

But after you are a customer of that or any credit card company and you get a statement in the U.S. Mail. Your name on the outside of the envelope is in all capital letters.

"Chemtrails" is one thing, but we're gonna get worked up about credit card app capitalization? Where's that bloody "troll" icon, I might need it pretty soon...

SemiAutoSam
12-02-2006, 10:16 PM
If its not something that your concerned about then don't give it any thought.

All it is.....is an indication that's all little things like this add up and paint a larger picture that most people out there either cant grasp or don't have the interest or time to think about.

But this thread isn't about such things so go back to the posted topic and pay no mind to the man behind the curtain. After all its only a shell game. LOL

"Chemtrails" is one thing, but we're gonna get worked up about credit card app capitalization? Where's that bloody "troll" icon, I might need it pretty soon...

Timberland
12-02-2006, 10:40 PM
Did any one forget the banning of smoking? It was tried and will be agin.

hoffmang
12-02-2006, 11:03 PM
Smoking is deadly to smokers. Firearms aren't deadly to firearms owners.

Plus there is this whole tradition and that niggling issue in the Bill of Rights.

I see no militia right to Smoking (in the worst case.)

-Gene

TheMan
12-03-2006, 12:52 AM
All it is.....is an indication that's all little things like this add up and paint a larger picture that most people out there either cant grasp or don't have the interest or time to think about.

If you think that is part of some sort of conspiracy, then it certainly does paint a picture. Of your mental health.;)

Have you ever stopped to wonder why they made the green lights the same color as their printed money? It is like they are subliminally trying to convince you to respond when you see green, the color of money. Do you know who else dances for money? A trained monkey. The government is trying to turn you into a trained monkey with their green lights.

Chew on that one for a while.

Wicked501
12-03-2006, 8:57 AM
Well, it's nice to make fun of so called rumors and all, but the truth is Jerry Brown doesn't want anyone to have a firearms and there is a very good chance they could go after detachable magazines. It's in the works right now if you check the states website. Most in power up in Sacramento are anti-gun people.

hoffmang
12-03-2006, 11:35 AM
Lets talk about some facts. There is no evidence that Jerry Brown is anti-gun. He used an anti-gun message in response to Pooch attacking him on guns, but as Governor or Mayor he has yet to hurt our cause. Remember that his buddy/bodyguard is a CCW carrier.

As to what is happening under wraps, the answer is that the Lockyer DOJ is scrambling to try to clean up the fine mess they've made. The Evans Gunsmithing letter is the topic de-jour.

I would suggest you spend some time reading older threads here and have in informed opinion instead of just an opinion.

-Gene

xenophobe
12-03-2006, 11:48 AM

Wow... I just got a ticket for driving without a seat belt in the mail... they clearly spelled my last name wrong... Does that mean they are trying to change my last name so they can snatch my body or convert me into a mindless automaton???

xenophobe
12-03-2006, 11:54 AM
Lets talk about some facts. There is no evidence that Jerry Brown is anti-gun. He used an anti-gun message in response to Pooch attacking him on guns, but as Governor or Mayor he has yet to hurt our cause. Remember that his buddy/bodyguard is a CCW carrier.

Dianne Feinstein is a CCW carrier as well... That doesn't mean a thing.

As for no proof? Certainly he may have not done anything anti-gun as governor or mayor, but his anti-gun stance as of late has been pretty well documented.

Do not make the mistake and think he's not against AW's, .50BMGs, high cap mags, and other 'sensible' gun control. Don't give him a 'pass'. Let him earn his keep. To do otherwise would be a bit on the foolish side, IMO.

Especially how he can just go off on some crazy tangent, expect him to support some of the more 'fruity' legislation like microstamping/engraving, ammunition taxes, lead bans, arsenal permits and stuff like that.

Dr. Peter Venkman
12-03-2006, 11:56 AM
You have no chance survive make your time.

xenophobe
12-03-2006, 12:14 PM
A ticket in the mail ?

Were you pulled over by an officer ?

That is totally insane. From what I recall If an officer did not issue this ticket to you in person its against the premise that only a LEO can issue you a ticket and must have seen you commit the offence in his presence to issue you said ticket.

ITS NOT VALID. Or in other words its very fight able if you know how to do it correctly.

If I were in your shoes I would start here.
http://suijuris.net/forum/index.php
http://www.suijuris.net/forum/articles-news/9400-tick-ets-bills-exchange.html?highlight=Camera+ticket
http://www.redlightcameratickets.com/fight-camera-ticket.htm

How ever if you want to talk about your name in all capital letters take it to A PM I have no desire to disrupt this thread any more than has already been done.

No, I was pulled over, and when I received the payment request in the mail it was spelled wrong.

hoffmang
12-03-2006, 12:22 PM
Xeno,

I'm certainly going to let Mr. Brown's action speak louder than his words, but I note that his only "crime" so far was to respond to Pooch's gun attack on him - which was unwise on Pooch's part. Also, those that should know (and have to work with him) who are on our side tell me to not jump to conclusions.

I'm mainly responding to Wicked's uninformed opinion.

-Gene

CALI-gula
12-03-2006, 12:23 PM
No, I was pulled over, and when I received the payment request in the mail it was spelled wrong.

I keep wondering if I might get pulled over for my 1966 Ranchero - I drive it a lot. It never had shoulder belts, only lap belts (cars pre-1969 were not required to have shoulder belts) but I am currently customizing the interior with a set of power front seats from a 1985 Cadillac Eldorado - they fit perfect after I welded up some custom brackets. I plan to install shoulder belts, however, in the interim, it has required that I run a few weeks with NO seatbelts. So, when I see a cop car, I put my elbow up on the sill of my window to make it harder to determine if I have a shoulder belt or not, just so I won't be stopped and they see I have NO belt of any kind. If ever stopped without a shoulder belt, but wearing the lap belt, the pre-69 excuse is valid - but if NO lap belt, CRAP!!

Hey Xeno, how much is that ticket??

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e218/CALI-gula/rancheroforcalguns.jpg

TonyM
12-03-2006, 12:26 PM

You will want to clear that up ASAP or you will likely get an "A.K.A." attached to your name in the system.

When I was 17 a "friend" got pulled over while driving on a suspended license. He gave the officer my name and information and said he forgot his licence. He gave the officer an incorrect middle name.

I got the ticket in the mail, was like "WTF!?!" then he confessed to his crime. We went to the police station and got it sorted out.

Five years later I got a ticket and on it was my name, "A.K.A." + my name with the incorrect middle name. For the life of me, I cannot get this removed. I don't know if it really matters, but it bugged me when I saw it.

rayra
12-03-2006, 4:50 PM
He doesnt have the legal authority to make that happen.+1 and you (the OP) should be educating any jackass spreading such a fear-mongering rumor.

rayra
12-03-2006, 4:55 PM

As to what is happening under wraps, the answer is that the Lockyer DOJ is scrambling to try to clean up the fine mess they've made. The Evans Gunsmithing letter is the topic de-jour.

I would suggest you spend some time reading older threads here and have in informed opinion instead of just an opinion.

-Gene
Unreal. You want "facts"? Moonbeam is called that for a reason. You would have us believe a fantasy wherein a man demonstrated to be Leftist loon in every other regard throughout his long history of public office and who would stoop to the gun-fearing campaign ads just shown somehow WON'T by anti-gun? Just unreal.

Aren't you the same guy that was making public apology / defense of teh DOJ counsel's stupid behaviours and buddy-buddy garbage with the Brady cranks?

Who are you? Why are you routinely attempting to run defense for these cretinous anti-gun politicians?

Charliegone
12-03-2006, 6:02 PM
Unreal. You want "facts"? Moonbeam is called that for a reason. You would have us believe a fantasy wherein a man demonstrated to be Leftist loon in every other regard throughout his long history of public office and who would stoop to the gun-fearing campaign ads just shown somehow WON'T by anti-gun? Just unreal.

Aren't you the same guy that was making public apology / defense of teh DOJ counsel's stupid behaviours and buddy-buddy garbage with the Brady cranks?

Who are you? Why are you routinely attempting to run defense for these cretinous anti-gun politicians?

Dude...we don't really know his position on this issue at all. Bush said he would sign an AW ban if it came..but guess what? He ain't pushing for it is he? As far as we know he his "nuetral on the subject" and thats all we can really say right now.

ravenbkp
12-03-2006, 6:24 PM
If his ads say he will do it you better expect that he will. Remember Mein Kampf?
Hitler told the world exactly what he intended as did Osama Binladen.

hoffmang
12-03-2006, 6:54 PM
rarya,

You can take your well uninformed personal attack and shove it.

There are plenty of people on here who can vouch for me. Do you have someone who can vouch for you.

I prefer to win on the law and the politics. If someone who has a D next to his name isn't your enemy (or even might not be an enemy) then you should give him the benefit of the doubt because he could be a hell of an ally.

The people whose job it is to get up every morning in Sacramento and go office to office defending gun rights tell me this.

If Brown does something out of the pale after he takes over, I'll be fine with heckling him. Until then take your closed minded assumption and shoot it at the range.

-Gene

xenophobe
12-03-2006, 7:24 PM
Hey Xeno, how much is that ticket??

Wow.... sweet Ranchero! Absolutely beautiful..

The ticket is $89

rayra
12-04-2006, 9:47 PM
nevermind. tired of forum roosters and their rice bowls.

wutzu
12-05-2006, 5:45 PM

Thanks!

OH ****!

Thanks for the heads-up! Time to re-watch Red Dawn and make sure I know what to do...

rorschach
12-05-2006, 5:56 PM
Screw the Moonbeam rumors, lets talk about that Ranchero!!

What's it got for power?? I'm guessing 289, but it would be nice if you said 302 or (gasp!) 351W!!

I'm currently working on a 64 Fairlane, with a 260. Sooner or later the 260 (and the shock towers) will vacate for an 427 FE side oiler http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i309/tsol_roolz/headbang.gif. Like everything else-funds permitting of course....

anotherone
12-05-2006, 6:01 PM
WOW I gotta admit this guy got a lot of milage with just a one liner troll and 6 posts on his account. Making all detachable magazine rifles illegal would just be plain silly... it would be banning hunting rifles such as my 3 shot bolt action Tikka T3 rifle (which has a detachable 3 shot single stack mag). Remember the liberals have sworn that they won't infringe upon hunting guns, at least for now anyhow. Now about Ranchero :)

SemiAutoSam
12-05-2006, 6:53 PM
Or maybe 351C or 351M ?

Screw the Moonbeam rumors, lets talk about that Ranchero!!

What's it got for power?? I'm guessing 289, but it would be nice if you said 302 or (gasp!) 351W!!

I'm currently working on a 64 Fairlane, with a 260. Sooner or later the 260 (and the shock towers) will vacate for an 427 FE side oiler http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i309/tsol_roolz/headbang.gif. Like everything else-funds permitting of course....

Archenemy550
12-05-2006, 7:24 PM
Im praying on Hunt v. Lockyer!