PDA

View Full Version : DROSing Now at Turner's Fountain Valley

Wicked501
12-02-2006, 9:18 AM
Whatever happened has been completely corrected and everything is up and running. They even added a card swip machine, so DROS goes even faster than before. Just letting everyone know.

CALI-gula
12-02-2006, 10:55 AM
Whatever happened has been completely corrected and everything is up and running. They even added a card swip machine, so DROS goes even faster than before. Just letting everyone know.

But is it true about the other thread here on Calguns, that Turner's is now rejecting the Safe-Affidavit substitute as viable proof of the lock requirement? That they are now making everyone buy a lock anyway?

I paid a lot of money for my giant top-of-the-line safes, which are 1000 times more effective than a flimsy $3.00 trigger lock. Most of those trigger locks I have seen may or may not prevent someone from shooting the gun even when installed, and surely won't prevent someone from stealing it. :rolleyes:

Maddog5150
12-02-2006, 12:12 PM
I heard a new federal law went into effect last saturday about handguns HAVING to be sold a lock less it comes with one. I havent taken the time to look it up but I have heard it from a couple of stores.
Besides, tinfoil aside, DO you really want the government knowing what safe you have and its capacities?

Dave in LB
12-07-2006, 10:38 PM
The Turners policy is that HANDGUNS must either have an approved lock supplied by the manufacturer OR the purchaser must purchase an approved lock. DOJ appearently lost a fight with ATF who stated that the Safe Affidavit that was accepted is not strict enough! It's the ATF that is not accepting the safe affidavit essentially based on California law. I find this pretty funny actually. So going into 2007 Turners decided to get everyone on board early as this change is in effect already or coming quickly. It's a brave new murky world out there...

kap
12-07-2006, 10:48 PM
I saw this happen at the Turner's in Redondo Beach a couple of months ago. A guy was buying a used Glock 19 that did not have the factory cable lock with it so he had to purchase one before he could take possession of it.

The SoCal Gunner
12-07-2006, 10:48 PM
I just PPTed a rifle at Fowler's and they had me sign the safe affadavit. Maybe not uniform in CA yet.

stealthmode
12-07-2006, 10:53 PM
they should offer to sell you a lock and then be able to return it after you leave the store.

radioactivelego
12-08-2006, 2:44 AM
Can you show them a lock and a receipt for one bought within 30 days like Big 5? I can think of a lot of cheaper approved gun locks from a local dealer friend for $2 than what is probably $7 at Turner's.

tenpercentfirearms
12-08-2006, 3:04 AM
The lock requirement for handguns was part of the lawful commerce protection act. The anti's snuck it in on that bill. It has nothing to do with the CA DOJ at all. It says all handguns must have a lock.

Most handguns come with a lock.

Fjold
12-08-2006, 3:42 AM
Wes, why are you posting at 3 AM?

tenpercentfirearms
12-08-2006, 6:28 AM
The same reason you are!